Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineHangMansHeart
Stranger

Buddha X and Chocolate Capp. - Coco - First Grow!
    #847898 - 05/07/21 07:39 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Hey guys! This is my first grow, so I figured what better place to document the process and seek more knowledge than the Growery :smile:
I started documenting the grow back a week or two ago on Google Docs, so bear with me if the formatting isn't great.

I began with a table of nutrient, medium, and amendment options created by my more experienced friends. From there, I chose 4 products along with my coco coir/perlite mixture. Everything italicized is what I've purchased to date.

Amendments:
Crab meal
Biolive
Azomite

Glacier rock dust
Worm castings
Bloodmeal
bonemeal
Super thrive

Nutrients Veg:
Vitality brand Veg
Bounty tea veg
Cal mag
Silica
Necter of the gods veg

Nutrients bloom:
Vitality kelp Bloom
Bounty tea bloom
Nectar of the gods bloom

Pesticide
Dr. Bronners insecticidal peppermint soap
Neem

Purecrop

Misc:
mykos
azos

Everything not listed in the following was gifted or found for free;

Cost:

Home Depot -
drawer slides - $17.98
comfort monitor - $11.74
grow light - $65.97
outlet timer - $24.98
coco coir - $27.98
----------------------------------
$158.09

Amazon -
mykos 100g - $6.99
azomite 1lb - $12.00
azos 6oz - $23.97
bio-live 5lb - $20.05
-----------------------------------
$71.18

First, I started the seeds off in some Jiffy Peat Pellets after soaking them for a day or so.

The Journey:

Germination:
I germinated my seeds using a gallon of distilled water, distributed between 3 cups. The seeds I have go as follows- 1x blue dream, 2x chocolate cappuccino, and 3x buddha x.
After about a day or so of soaking, I put the seeds on a wet paper towel and sure enough, 5 of the 6 sprouted (blue dream being the exception) within another day or so. 

Seedling:
Once I germinated my seeds, i planted them in Jiffy Peat Pellets and watered them thoroughly. They’ve been resting under my lights (distance of 2 ¾’) for a day or two now.

Update: the light fell oh no :frown:
Broken stem v sad

(cont.)
So what i did, was i put a little bio-live on the top soil and watered it in. it seems to have begun new growth but hasn’t made any significant progress.

Day whatever before 7: everything goin smoovely :smile:
I accidentally forgot to water at one point and the peat dried up, so a catiladon leaf also got a little yellow and shriveled but is okay. Still livin strong :smile:

Day 7: plant fell over bc too heavy i think, propped it up on a stake with rubber band. Otherwise, the wilted leaf plant is recovering nicely

Day 9: Transplant baybey!!!! Lookin beautiful as usual, coco coir stayed wet over 6 hours later!!!! Wild shit
Still wet-ish, almost 24 hours later.

Day 11: they’re still wet wtf

update, Day 17: they're still p damp. that coco and perlite mixture is really holding onto that water. havent watered them since the day of the transplant, waiting for the roots to develop and grow towards the water a little. Plants still looking happy though :smile:
A few days ago, I noticed that the chocolate cappucino plant is very bright, anyone know anything about that?

Edited by HangMansHeart (05/08/21 12:07 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: Buddha X and Chocolate Capp. - Coco - First Grow! [Re: HangMansHeart]
    #847899 - 05/08/21 08:58 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Great job dude your off to the races. Five of six seeds is outstanding for a first attempt.

Your bright plant is growing fast but needs more light. Try moving the light closer. If you don't plan to plant them outside you should add an extra light such as 400 HPS for flowering. If you do flower inside you will need a light proof room and a carbon filter for the smell.

BTW I use supports on all my seedlings otherwise half will fall over. 

Best of luck.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag