Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMrPicklez
Beginner
Male

Loc: Arizona, USA Flag
Introduction
    #847551 - 03/13/21 05:02 PM (3 years, 15 days ago)

Hello,

I wanted to make a brief introduction as I explore this website/ message board.

I am from Arizona and will be reading and learning about cultivation as I take my first step into the growing game

I look forward to chatting and getting to know you fellow Growers

-MrPicklez

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMrPicklez
Beginner
Male

Re: Introduction [Re: MrPicklez]
    #847552 - 03/13/21 05:10 PM (3 years, 15 days ago)

If anyone could perhaps link me or point me in the direction of some good quality teks, that would be great.

For my first "grow," I am only looking to do 1-2 plants-- Just something to get my feet wet and learn the basics before I go deeper into it--- So a good "Single" Plant Tek would be great!

Thank you in Advance

-MrPicklez

Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Re: Introduction [Re: MrPicklez] * 1
    #847557 - 03/14/21 11:55 AM (3 years, 15 days ago)

I would start in a 2x4 tent, one plant in each side or you can squeeze a third in there.  LED lighting will cost you around $1 a watt, and you'd want around 30 watts per square foot of canopy.  There are plenty of light options for a 2x4 area, so it shouldn't be hard to find one.

The more important question is whether you want to grow in soil organically, or in a hydroponic medium with nutrient salts.  With salts you'll need a ph pen, ec meter, and ph up/down.  With a well built organic soil, depending on your water source, you can get by with just watering and topdressing.

For a soil grow, something as simple as a bag of fox farm ocean forest cut with 25-30% perlite would make a good starting medium for a first grow.  All you really have to worry about is watering, and knowing when to flip.  If you want to add nutrients later you can, but if you intend to feed with nutrient salts, I'd recommend learning drain to waste coco.

InvisibleMrPicklez
Beginner
Male

Re: Introduction [Re: yoosername]
    #847558 - 03/14/21 03:32 PM (3 years, 15 days ago)

Thank you very much for the information. There was a lot of very good stuff there for me.

So I figure to need somewhere between a 250-400W lighting system if I go with a 2x4 Tent--- Which I also feel is a great place for me to start at, 2-3 plants would be perfect I think

I have decided I will go with a soil grow for this first round and see how that goes--- I will still need to research different mediums as well, I am on Day 2 of my research into growing, so I am still very "green," and soaking up all the information that I can

I see some trips to some nurseries/ gardening shops in my future tomorrow--- Keep the information coming :smile:

-MrPicklez

InvisibleMrPicklez
Beginner
Male

#847559 - 03/15/21 06:27 AM (3 years, 14 days ago)

Also-- I am not sure of the rules but if you are allowed, can you please discuss Seed Vendors and Strains?  This is one area that I will be diving into very soon and any advice would be great

I see this is a very low traffic forum-- very sad, I remember a flourishing little community

-MrPicklez

Offlineyoosername
Strange

#847560 - 03/15/21 08:08 AM (3 years, 14 days ago)

A few lights to consider;

timber grow lights cypress 3 or 4.  This would be best for a height restricted tent.

mars hydro sp3000.

hlg qb96 elite v2.  This is a DIY board.  You'd want 3 boards and 1 driver, totaling around $300 plus shipping and a few odds and ends for 350 watts.

Regarding soil, you can set up a "SWICK" style bottom watering system for automated watering.  This would take the guesswork out of watering and helps maintain healthy microbial levels in the soil, which is what you're after if you're growing organically.  Hydro growers feed their plants; soil growers feed their microbes.  The KIS organics podcast is full of good info if you have the time and attention span to listen.

Now for strains, first of all I will point you towards my favorite seed vendor, Great Lakes Genetics.  They carry a wide variety of great breeders, both regular and feminized seeds, and even some autos.  There's currently a breeder promo going on for 4 free feminized autoflowering seeds, you should see it on their website, just pay shipping. 

As for my favorite seed breeder, I'd have to go with Bodhi.  Mostly F1 hybrids, and a very limited number of landrace sativas which can be extremely difficult to procure.  Bodhi, Nierika, Supernatural Selections, and one other name I can't think of are all Bodhi.  He has a lot of strains, and it can be hard to find info on the more sought after ones before they go out of stock.  In fact, every time there's a drop, the site crashes from the sheer volume of people trying to score his limited strains.

I hesitate to recommend strains that I haven't grown yet, but I've got two packs of both Soulmate and Electric Cowboy I'm pretty excited to pop.  Since these are F1 hybrids, the idea is to pop several packs, pheno hunt for a plant with all the traits you are looking for (yield, structure, potency, terpenes, stability, etc.), then clone that plant and keep it in rotation.  That would be ideal, but in many cases you'll just have to select from what you can find in a single pack.  Just be sure to clone each plant before flowering, so you have a copy in case it turns out to be a keeper.

And yes, this is probably the slowest forum I visit.  Rollitup has a pretty active Bodhi thread, if you wanted to do some research on any strains.

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
    #847561 - 03/15/21 11:21 AM (3 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

MrPicklez said:
Also-- I am not sure of the rules but if you are allowed, can you please discuss Seed Vendors and Strains?  This is one area that I will be diving into very soon and any advice would be great

I see this is a very low traffic forum-- very sad, I remember a flourishing little community

-MrPicklez

There's a Strains, Breeders, & Seed Banks subforum that you can search through as well.

Remember? Been lurking or used to have an account?

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineJenny
Female User Gallery

Re: Introduction [Re: Data]
    #847566 - 03/15/21 03:43 PM (3 years, 14 days ago)

never grown before but planting seeds in soil till they start growing seems like an easy thing to do :spinleaf:

InvisibleMrPicklez
Beginner
Male

Re: Introduction [Re: Data]
    #847568 - 03/15/21 05:53 PM (3 years, 13 days ago)

Data--- I remember reading this forum a few years ago but I have not been through or interested in marijuana cultivation in awhile. Back then it had a decent amount of activity

3/15 UPDATE

So I did a little shopping and got a few of the Grow Items today

- 3x3 Grow Tent
- 4'' Inline Fan
- Carbon Scrubber/ Filter
- 315W CMH Light from LUX Lighting

I am sure there will be critique in my choice of equipment, but that is what I am working with for this. I figure that light should support 2-3 plants.

Strains, Seeds, and Mediums are my next area of interest and research--- If anyone has a preferred vendor for Seeds, I dont know of any yet-- I think I would rather deal with clones the first round but I dont know that that is even an option.

The "Plan" is to get the bedroom re-organized and get the Tent setup by the weekened--- And piece together the rest of the stuff I need over the next week and have the Grow ready by April 1st.

-MrPicklez

Edited by MrPicklez (03/15/21 08:03 PM)

InvisibleMrPicklez
Beginner
Male

#847569 - 03/15/21 08:02 PM (3 years, 13 days ago)

yoosername--- Thank you for your well-thought out post-reply. I will check out that Great Lake Genetics tomorrow-- as well as a couple others

I will really need to weigh the pros and cons of Autoflower vs. non --- I do think I want feminized seeds though

I am super excited to dive into this hobby and hopefully eventually blossom it into a full-time business

I have never tried to germinate marijuana seeds either so I am hoping that doesnt pose any special problems-- I wish I knew of a local source for clones-- that would make things easier.

Hopefully I have some pictures to post by the end of the weekend--- at least of a partial setup

-MrPicklez

Offlineyoosername
Strange

#847572 - 03/16/21 12:46 AM (3 years, 13 days ago)

If you want clones, check out strainly.io.  Just keep in mind the risk of introducing pests/diseases to your garden is increased with clones.

InvisibleMrPicklez
Beginner
Male

#847574 - 03/16/21 01:28 AM (3 years, 13 days ago)

After a quick check on the price of clones vs. prices of seeds--- I will be going with seeds :lol:

That is a neat website though. I will need to check it out more thoroughly once I wake up tomorrow. Is it like an Ebay of sorts for Weed Farmers?

Where are you from yoosername?

-MrPicklez

Offlineyoosername
Strange

#847575 - 03/16/21 02:04 AM (3 years, 13 days ago)

Yeah, basically you can buy/sell clones, seeds, and pollen.  It's best to look into the vendors before you buy from them, as some are better than others.

I'm from Michigan.

OfflineRider420
Stranger

#847577 - 03/16/21 10:18 AM (3 years, 13 days ago)

InvisibleMrPicklez
Beginner
Male

#847579 - 03/16/21 12:02 PM (3 years, 13 days ago)

I did look into clones a little bit today and the prices were insane!!! They wanted 100$ per clone--- I am going to stick with Seeds.

That is actually the entire goal of today and tomorrow--- choose a strain/ seed/ seed bank--

Yoosername--The Bohdi Seeds I was looking at were the 11pack of Master Of Puppets strain-- But I also want to look at Strainly and a few other places that google search may turn up-- I will also see what Sponsors this website recommends

I am super excited to finally be able to grow! finally have a space, the money, the stability! #blessed

-MrPicklez

InvisibleMrPicklez
Beginner
Male

Re: Introduction [Re: Rider420]
    #847580 - 03/16/21 12:03 PM (3 years, 13 days ago)

Rider--- Unfortunately that top place is closed and that was the only one that seemed to be a legitimate option. All the rest are local dispensaries around me and I have asked a couple if they sell seeds and they do not.

-MrPicklez

InvisibleMrPicklez
Beginner
Male

#847583 - 03/16/21 03:16 PM (3 years, 13 days ago)

I thought up a few ideas for a company name --- I know, I know, I am jumping the gun-- but it is fun!!! I do eventually hope to get good enough and raise enough capital to enter the commercial growing game--

1. Hammer Laboratories
2. Mr. Pickles Pharmaceuticals
3. Mr. Pickles Gardening Company
4. Sun Devil Biosciences
5. Sun Devil Labs
6. Hammer Cannabis Company
7. Mr. Pickles Cannabis Company

Personally, I think the very last one is my favorite--  But I would like fellow stoners feedback-- I am open to your suggestions too!! But I would really like to keep it "Hammer's," or "Mr. Pickles" as those are my nicknames

-MrPicklez

InvisibleMrPicklez
Beginner
Male

#847600 - 03/17/21 02:07 PM (3 years, 12 days ago)

For my first grow, I have decided on Skywalker

https://farmerslabseeds.com/product/skywalker-seeds-fem/

When it says "8-9 weeks," Average Flowering Time--- Does this mean it goes through 8-9 weeks of Vegetative, then it's time to start Flowering? Or the Flowering stage is 8-9 weeks long?-- Then how long do you Veg the plant?

-MrPicklez

InvisibleP-O

#847602 - 03/17/21 07:21 PM (3 years, 11 days ago)

I dont know who this imposter is... but i miss the real picklez

InvisibleMrPicklez
Beginner
Male

Re: Introduction [Re: P-O]
    #847604 - 03/17/21 08:24 PM (3 years, 11 days ago)

:hug:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder