Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Cannabis, Marijuana, Ganja & Greens >> Cannabis Cultivation

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineparanoia
Stranger
I'm a teapot
Bootcamp for a paranoid beginner
    #847090 - 12/27/20 05:54 PM (20 days, 14 hours ago)

Hello world!

A new guy/girl/person here with a lot of questions and concerns, I hoped you could help me out a bit.
As one can see from my nick, I’m a little paranoid about trying out this hobby.
I live in Europe, in a country with fairly strict laws regarding certain plants/substances (Sweden, go figure). I managed to grow some mushrooms for personal use and I'm tempted to try the discipline you all are practicing. I've found stores in which I could get most of the equipment needed but I don't know what exactly I need :smile: or even should I go for it.
What I have is a 55x55x150cm closet, white from inside, neighboring my clothes closet. Nowhere to extract the air out and no drilling the closet allowed).
I’d like to try and grow one autoflowering plant for myself.
I have no relevant previous experience as well, just a wish to learn.
What is a minimum setup you’d see working out?
I was looking at lights and have no clue what would be the best for this most minimalist of setups.
Likewise, I don’t know if having the closet opened a bit would satisfy the need for ventilation?
Would the plant stink the hell out of everything or is the smell bearable? Idk, maybe some strains smell less than others?
You guys use a bunch of fertilizers and plant foods, what is a bare-ass minimum one could go with?

Eli5 and cheap
Any info from seasoned pros is valuable
Love you all!

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBlackHaze
Stranger
Re: Bootcamp for a paranoid beginner [Re: paranoia]
    #847216 - 01/13/21 03:14 PM (3 days, 17 hours ago)

i am still an amateur grower so i can only help a little, but here goes:

i think you will be fine to grow a plant in that space, maybe even more, but if you pack too many in there you will decrease yield. i dont know how many to recommend in that space but since you are only looking to grow one then i would say go ahead and use that space.

as far as minimum set up goes, the white paint might be okay as it is. some people succeed with white painted walls, so you can save a lot of money there, but you might regret it. i dont know how much difference it makes though, so i would definitely do some research on that.

you will need at least one pot, probably about 12 inch i think and one tray for the pot, also however much soil you need to fill the pot.

you might get away with not having an air movement fan in there, but extraction is a much bigger problem.
the plant will STINK. maybe there is a less potent smelling strain but i do not know of any that i can recommend. which means people are likely to notice if you do not have a door and you do not filter the air from the room. it sounds to me like proper air extraction is a must for you if you do not want your plants stolen.
this leads to the problem with the door. maybe you could take the current door off and build a new door that you can drill all the necessary holes in? then you can put the old door back on when you move out. you can build extra stealth into the door too then and customize it to your needs.
if that is an option you will need an extractor, carbon scrubber and some ducting. if the door is not an option then i would say the only way the plant could survive would be if the door was open for a large portion of the day, which is eventually going to stink.

as for lights, i cant recommend models etc as i only have experience with one. but i do recommend LED. you will get away with a very small light in that room, its very cheap to run and it will keep temperatures down. although in sweeden you might actually be trying to keep it warm? so maybe another, hotter lamp might be a better option.

as far as fertilizers go, i think tomato feed is probably the minimum you would want to use, but i know almost nothing about feed, i currently follow a schedule that i plan to change later down the line when i know more.

i hope that helps. good luck on your grow :heart:

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles

Cannabis, Marijuana, Ganja & Greens >> Cannabis Cultivation