Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineJazzycnt
Stranger
 User Gallery

My current grow; feedback appreciated
    #846300 - 08/01/20 06:53 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

So at the moment, I have 2 plants that were originally clones, and one plant that I sprouted from a seed I acquired from some dispensary bud that was 27%thc and it is a sativa called Orange Peel. I lucked out and it is a female!! This is my first cannabis grow, but am a frequent flyer on shroomery and plan to be here as well. I just wanted to post a thread highlight what is going on in my current grow and hope some could give me feedback regarding scrounging and yield. So as you can see in my pictures; I have my scrogging net and the tallest branches tied to it. Now I know you wait until it grows a few inches past it to tie it down, however, I figured it should work the same with helping the plant stretch up as well. Now for yield, I know there are a lot of variables, but considering how big my grow space is, having three plants, and waiting until they are over 2 ft tall before I flower them. How much do you think I could achieve? Doesn’t have to be precise. Also, I have a 600w led light

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJazzycnt
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: My current grow; feedback appreciated [Re: Jazzycnt]
    #846307 - 08/02/20 02:46 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Just an update and some pics. I have trimmed my biggest plant a little bit and tied the tallest branches to the scrounging screen so that lower branches could revive more light and also to promote upward growth by stretching the branches up. Just wanna make sure I’m not doing anything wrong. I would appreciate anyone’s feedback. Thanks

Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
    #846314 - 08/03/20 10:50 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

I would do two scrog nets, a lower one to spread out the branches, and an upper one to support the branches during flower.  Maybe even a third net for taller strains.  You want the plants to stretch up into the final net.

I think things are going to get crowded in there once you flip to flower and they start stretching.

Plants look healthy though, nice job.  Keep an eye on that bagseed, especially after the flip.

OfflineJazzycnt
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: My current grow; feedback appreciated [Re: yoosername]
    #846316 - 08/03/20 02:08 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

May I ask what I’m exactly I need to keep an eye on with the bag seed? Just watching and making sure it’s isn’t androgynous?

Offlineyoosername
Strange

#846317 - 08/03/20 03:11 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah basically just watch for pollen sacs.  If it's just one or two you can pluck them off, but if they start coming back it's best to scrap the plant.

Before you flip, you may also want to clone each plant.  That way you can keep growing whichever one turns out best.

OfflineJazzycnt
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: My current grow; feedback appreciated [Re: yoosername]
    #846320 - 08/03/20 07:25 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Any ideas on how/where I could store my clones while my other plants are in flowering? Feel like the light schedule would mess with the clones

Offlineyoosername
Strange

#846329 - 08/04/20 12:29 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Correct, 18/6, 20/4, or 24/0 for clones, and they don't need much light.  I use an old 40w fluorescent.

For now you could build a clone cabinet, something big enough to fit a cloner that could be used as a clone/seedling area.  Even a cardboard box will work in a pinch.

After your harvest, if all goes well, I'd recommend upgrading to a larger space for flower.  You can then use your old space for veg, or even for breeding experiments.

OfflineJazzycnt
Stranger
 User Gallery

#846411 - 08/05/20 12:41 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Just for some verification, here are some pics which I believe are pistils on my bag seed plant. I know one pic is for sure a pistil but would like to make sure that the other is a pistil as well. I haven’t experienced an androgynous plant yet so I’m not familiar. Also a pic of my clones!

Offlineyoosername
Strange

#846419 - 08/05/20 05:35 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

In picture 2, I see a calyx with two pistils coming out.  Picture 1 appears to be just a calyx, you'll know soon if a pistil pops out of it.  Pollen sacs are pretty easy to identify once you know what they look like, which is why everyone should grow regular seeds at least once.

Clones look healthy, I just took a few myself yesterday.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds