Home | Community | Message Board


Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Cannabis, Marijuana, Ganja & Greens >> Cannabis Cultivation

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Air Stone, Hydroponics Supplies, Hygrometer, pH Test Strips, Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMonsterbud420
Stranger

Registered: 07/15/20
Posts: 7
Last seen: 2 months, 15 days
Grow Log Post #1
    #846030 - 07/15/20 08:14 PM (3 months, 13 days ago)

What is up GROWERY (FIRST POST WITH GROW LOG!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I want to show my set up and create a grow journal here. A bit of back story... I got my Bachelor's degree in Horticulture back in 2016, but I haven't been able to find a job in my field. I tried a landscape business, but got ripped off, I tried to sell plants and no one really wanted to buy them. I also ended up growing shrooms and that worked, but I had to go the rigged set up with the still air box and the arthritis and... fuck that was hard not to fuck up.

So any way, I figured... fuck it... I guess I will grow. I am in a shitty place where it is illegal, but I am starting to not care anymore. I think that I want to put my education to some use... I work a shitty job doing data entry and it is boring as fuck, and I have to deal with a bunch of annoying people and customers every day. Part of what triggered all of this angst was that my only dealer ghosted me. We were always happy and cheerful and then she fell off the Earth, so at first I kind of wanted to do this to get some shit for myself, but then I thought... "Hey, everyone is still hitting me up all the time and mayyyyybe just mayyyybe it would help with the shitty corona situation I am in."

Anyways, LiveJournal is over...

So for now...

I am pretty close to setting everything up. Waiting for my seeds which I got from Grower's Choice (I call them "Slower Choice" cuz holy fuck it has taken like over 9000 years to get half of my shit in the mail).

Seeds ordered:
  • Critical Purple - Autoflower
  • Northern Lights - Autoflower
  • Blueberry - Autoflower


On its way:
  • White Widow Photoperiod


Type of grow/technology:

  • Deep Water Culture in 4x5gal black buckets with air stones and an industrial pump
  • I have a 2x4x8 tent
  • Spider Farmer SF 2000
  • CO2 system, not hooked to a controller, but I have a regulator with a built in thing that detects light and turns it off
  • Hydroton is inside of 3x6in net pots and 1x10in net pot.
  • 2 mini clip fans
  • AC infinity 4 in duct fan with a speed controller (No fancy hygrometer thermometer thing) has a carbon filter attached to it
  • Bluetooth temp and humidity monitor so I don't need to open the tent often.
  • Smart plugs for controlling the light
  • Humidifier hooked to a humidity controller/temp monitor
  • RO 3 stage system


Nutrients/Chemicals
  • 3 part grow bloom, veg (not for hard water), Floralicious Plus, Liquid Kool Bloom, FloraKleen, all from General Hydroponics
  • Ph up and Down General Hydroponics
  • Silica Blast & CalMag Plus and Hydroguard from botanicare
  • Fish Shit from fishheadfarms (OMRI Listed)
  • 4.0 and 7.0 standard reference solution, and pH storage solution
  • Roots Excelurator Gold from House-Garden


And just a couple of things... This is the first time I am growing cannabis. Also first time using a tent, duct fan, LED's, Hydroponics!!! I have only ever grown plants in a greenhouse. I will probably ask a lot of questions throughout the process. Even though I have a degree, I don't boast about it (but I told you in case you want to get technical, I can handle it)!

Thank you for taking the time to read my thread and possibly lend a hand!

More to come! I will post pics and ask questions in a bit.


Edited by Monsterbud420 (07/15/20 08:49 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMonsterbud420
Stranger

Registered: 07/15/20
Posts: 7
Last seen: 2 months, 15 days
Re: Grow Log Post #2 [Re: Monsterbud420]
    #846031 - 07/15/20 08:48 PM (3 months, 13 days ago)



These are pics of the tent and the chems!!


Edited by Monsterbud420 (07/15/20 09:01 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineyoosername
Strange

Registered: 06/09/17
Posts: 252
Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Last seen: 2 hours, 34 minutes
Re: Grow Log Post #1 [Re: Monsterbud420]
    #846032 - 07/15/20 09:08 PM (3 months, 13 days ago)

I've never grown hydroponically, so I won't be of much help there, but welcome to the growery!

You'll definitely want a controller for your co2, preferably one with fuzzy logic since you're running bottled co2.  As far as co2 levels go, I would set it between 400-700 ppm for veg up to week 3 of flower, then increase it to ~1250 ppm over 2 days from weeks 4-7, then bring it back down to around 650 from week 8  to finish.  I'd also vent at night to keep co2 levels from climbing too high.

Actually, to be honest, I wouldn't use co2 for your first grow.  That's more for when you have everything else dialed in (nutrients, lighting, VPD).


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMonsterbud420
Stranger

Registered: 07/15/20
Posts: 7
Last seen: 2 months, 15 days
Re: Grow Log Post #3 [Re: Monsterbud420]
    #846035 - 07/15/20 09:44 PM (3 months, 13 days ago)

Okay, so on to my nutrient regimen. I had to post a second update. 

I understand that from a lot of YouBoob watching that a nutrient regimen is slightly based off of what they recommend and also some other things.

I found a <img src="
video called "The Captain's General Hydroponics Nutrient Recipe that matches my nutes.

HOWEVER...

If you look at the General Hydroponics chart (Drain to Waste) it says for the Week 1 Seedling stage:

Flora Micro 2ml/gal
Flora Grow 1ml/gal
Flora Bloom 1ml/gal
Diamond Nectar (don't have this)
FloraBlend (don't have this)

But that seems pretty strong. I mean, I am not running a giant system. This is in a small 5 gallon bucket I am thinking that I will do about 1/2 strength to save on nutes and not send my plants to nutrient burn hell.

So... since this is a 5 gallon bucket, I will do these all at half strength x 5gals:

5ml Flora Micro
2.5ml Flora Grow
2.5ml Flora Bloom

I really wish I could have afforded Flora Blend and Diamond Nectar. General Hydroponics has the stranglehold on Humic Acid. The other brand's don't really hold a candle up to their humic acid. I was thinking that if there was another way to get this crap, but I don't know. Also, sorry to drop brands... I don't know if that is acceptable here. Just remember folks, if you're dumb like me and find this forum after you got everything, and don't go with the vendors here, then you're dumb. You can tell that I am lazy and just buy all the shit I need before starting the project. That's what I did, but SUPPORT THE VENDORS because they need money and we need to support our dear forums! Ok, so don't kill me now. If any vendors have the humic hook up, then let's talk!

The other thing that I wanted to mention was that I have not yet pH'd my "from the tap" water and/or EC tested it yet. I do have both of those tools. You would think that someone that went through schooling for this shit would have done all this stuff and would have experience in growing hydro, but alas. I really did have a shitty time in school. Too many prideful professors. That and they knew that I wanted to learn about all this "cannabis nonsense" and they would have nothing of it because "muh research grants and backing". Well, ironic because now they teach cannabis cultivation where I graduated and look at how well legalization has progressed. Rant over... COPE

I will probably hook up the RO system and pH test and all that stuff to show what my water quality is like with and without reverse osmosis and with regular tap water. Comparison thread incoming.


Edited by Monsterbud420 (07/15/20 09:52 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMonsterbud420
Stranger

Registered: 07/15/20
Posts: 7
Last seen: 2 months, 15 days
Re: Grow Log Post #1 [Re: yoosername]
    #846036 - 07/15/20 09:49 PM (3 months, 13 days ago)

Quote:

yoosername said:
I've never grown hydroponically, so I won't be of much help there, but welcome to the growery!

You'll definitely want a controller for your co2, preferably one with fuzzy logic since you're running bottled co2.  As far as co2 levels go, I would set it between 400-700 ppm for veg up to week 3 of flower, then increase it to ~1250 ppm over 2 days from weeks 4-7, then bring it back down to around 650 from week 8  to finish.  I'd also vent at night to keep co2 levels from climbing too high.

Actually, to be honest, I wouldn't use co2 for your first grow.  That's more for when you have everything else dialed in (nutrients, lighting, VPD).





GOOD that you pointed that out!! I am super new to DIYing all of this. So yeah, probably gonna hold off on the CO2. I will eventually buy a controller for that summabitch. Also, I have a regulator, but I don't really want to risk lugging a 15lb tank around. I have a free security system at my place: Old busy bodies that have nothing to fucking do. But I did find that my local shop will fill the tanks.

The other thing is that I don't have a light that gives off a wicked burning amount of ppfm so I am probably gonna hold off on that. I may just convert this whole room in the future. Or just buy a bigger tent. One can dream.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMonsterbud420
Stranger

Registered: 07/15/20
Posts: 7
Last seen: 2 months, 15 days
Re: Grow Log Post #1 [Re: Monsterbud420]
    #846037 - 07/15/20 10:24 PM (3 months, 13 days ago)

Before I actually post some water testing results, I had a few questions:


1. Is there a cheap way to automate water pH?


2. I have an LED light, do I need a water chiller, is it overkill since I have hydroguard (beneficial bacteria)? Does anyone use Hydroguard? How much should I use? Does the amount go up over time?


3. When you use pH storage solution, do you put it in the cap of the pH meter and then put the cap on and store it upright?


4. Is it better to start in Rockwool cubes and then put the cubes in the net pots with the hydroton, or is it better to start the seed in the hydroton?


5. When do you take a clone? If the growing cycle is 12 weeks, do you do it on week 8? I want to minimize smell. How long until they start to get smelly? Just to reiterate, I have never grown this stuff before.


6. I set up my duct fan. From what I gather, the fan big flexible tube should have air blowing out of it and the carbon filter should be sucking in air, correct? Or am I going to have to pull that shit down? I looked at pictures online of this duct fan. There is an arrow on it, if that helps. 


7. I have never used a smart plug in my life. If I plug a smart plug into a power supply will it still work?



8. I have those two 6 in fans in there. They are pretty dinky. Will they work for this grow, or is there a better thing that I should use?



9. That pump vibrates so loud!!! is there a way to quiet it down? Is it just loud because I haven't used it, inside of the 5 gal buckets with the stones on, in water? Or am I fucked in those regards? I searched for quiet pump, and couldn't find a technique posted here for quieting it.


10. Am I going in the right direction? Any other advice you can give me? Thank you again for all the help!




Finally, I realized that I should probably post this in the grow log forums, sorry jannies... You can move the thread if you like, but I like that it is in the main cultivation board. I love you.


Edited by Monsterbud420 (07/15/20 10:27 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMonsterbud420
Stranger

Registered: 07/15/20
Posts: 7
Last seen: 2 months, 15 days
Re: Grow Log Post #4 [Re: Monsterbud420]
    #846049 - 07/16/20 07:57 PM (3 months, 12 days ago)

Wow, I must start this post by saying that I had a dream last night of flying saucers, flying black triangles, vikings, colors, Christmas in July. Guys, was I abducted last night? I woke up to the sound of my hard drive on the work-from-home computer going REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and I couldn't make it shut off so I had to unplug it.

Any way, I fired up my pH meter and EC meter for the first time today (didn't calibrate it) and found out that my water pH is, at 74F, 6.83 and my ppm is 303ppm at the same temp already mentioned.

I need to buy distilled water to make sure that my meter is calibrated, but it is new, never used before. More to come. I have yet to test my RO filtration kit to see what the ppm will be and etc.

More to come.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRider420
Stranger


Registered: 06/21/17
Posts: 410
Last seen: 1 day, 5 hours
Re: Grow Log Post #1 [Re: Monsterbud420]
    #846059 - 07/18/20 03:37 PM (3 months, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Monsterbud420 said:
Before I actually post some water testing results, I had a few questions:


1. Is there a cheap way to automate water pH?


2. I have an LED light, do I need a water chiller, is it overkill since I have hydroguard (beneficial bacteria)? Does anyone use Hydroguard? How much should I use? Does the amount go up over time?


3. When you use pH storage solution, do you put it in the cap of the pH meter and then put the cap on and store it upright?


4. Is it better to start in Rockwool cubes and then put the cubes in the net pots with the hydroton, or is it better to start the seed in the hydroton?


5. When do you take a clone? If the growing cycle is 12 weeks, do you do it on week 8? I want to minimize smell. How long until they start to get smelly? Just to reiterate, I have never grown this stuff before.


6. I set up my duct fan. From what I gather, the fan big flexible tube should have air blowing out of it and the carbon filter should be sucking in air, correct? Or am I going to have to pull that shit down? I looked at pictures online of this duct fan. There is an arrow on it, if that helps. 


7. I have never used a smart plug in my life. If I plug a smart plug into a power supply will it still work?



8. I have those two 6 in fans in there. They are pretty dinky. Will they work for this grow, or is there a better thing that I should use?



9. That pump vibrates so loud!!! is there a way to quiet it down? Is it just loud because I haven't used it, inside of the 5 gal buckets with the stones on, in water? Or am I fucked in those regards? I searched for quiet pump, and couldn't find a technique posted here for quieting it.


10. Am I going in the right direction? Any other advice you can give me? Thank you again for all the help!




Finally, I realized that I should probably post this in the grow log forums, sorry jannies... You can move the thread if you like, but I like that it is in the main cultivation board. I love you.




1: No Auto ph systems start at a few hundred.

2: No chiller needed.

3: Four drops store upright. Repeat every four days or when used.

4: The way I start seeds is in rock-wool and if the seeds are good I get 100% germination.

5: Clones take 10 days to root then two weeks to harden off enough to transfer to slabs under full lights. Another two to three weeks vegging until they are ready to start flowering. Note cannabis does not start to smell until after you start flowering it.

6: Looks right to me.

7: WTH is a smart plug? Sorry buddy never ran into one.

8: I would use a lager fan for the bottom perhaps a tower fan and use the two you already have at the top.

9: Not much you can do about the pump or fan noises other then sound proofing. You can buy mufflers for exhaust fans but not for pumps.

10: Less is more and patience pays off. Its a very good ideal to follow the feed charts from general hydroponics. Yours should be https://gh.growgh.com/docs/Feedcharts/GH_FloraSeries-REC_03216am.pdf



https://generalhydroponics.com/feedcharts

Best of luck!


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRider420
Stranger


Registered: 06/21/17
Posts: 410
Last seen: 1 day, 5 hours
Re: Grow Log Post #3 [Re: Monsterbud420]
    #846060 - 07/18/20 03:48 PM (3 months, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Monsterbud420 said:
Okay, so on to my nutrient regimen. I had to post a second update. 

I understand that from a lot of YouBoob watching that a nutrient regimen is slightly based off of what they recommend and also some other things.

I found a <img src="
video called "The Captain's General Hydroponics Nutrient Recipe that matches my nutes.

HOWEVER...

If you look at the General Hydroponics chart (Drain to Waste) it says for the Week 1 Seedling stage:

Flora Micro 2ml/gal
Flora Grow 1ml/gal
Flora Bloom 1ml/gal
Diamond Nectar (don't have this)
FloraBlend (don't have this)

But that seems pretty strong. I mean, I am not running a giant system. This is in a small 5 gallon bucket I am thinking that I will do about 1/2 strength to save on nutes and not send my plants to nutrient burn hell.

So... since this is a 5 gallon bucket, I will do these all at half strength x 5gals:

5ml Flora Micro
2.5ml Flora Grow
2.5ml Flora Bloom

I really wish I could have afforded Flora Blend and Diamond Nectar. General Hydroponics has the stranglehold on Humic Acid. The other brand's don't really hold a candle up to their humic acid. I was thinking that if there was another way to get this crap, but I don't know. Also, sorry to drop brands... I don't know if that is acceptable here. Just remember folks, if you're dumb like me and find this forum after you got everything, and don't go with the vendors here, then you're dumb. You can tell that I am lazy and just buy all the shit I need before starting the project. That's what I did, but SUPPORT THE VENDORS because they need money and we need to support our dear forums! Ok, so don't kill me now. If any vendors have the humic hook up, then let's talk!

The other thing that I wanted to mention was that I have not yet pH'd my "from the tap" water and/or EC tested it yet. I do have both of those tools. You would think that someone that went through schooling for this shit would have done all this stuff and would have experience in growing hydro, but alas. I really did have a shitty time in school. Too many prideful professors. That and they knew that I wanted to learn about all this "cannabis nonsense" and they would have nothing of it because "muh research grants and backing". Well, ironic because now they teach cannabis cultivation where I graduated and look at how well legalization has progressed. Rant over... COPE

I will probably hook up the RO system and pH test and all that stuff to show what my water quality is like with and without reverse osmosis and with regular tap water. Comparison thread incoming.




I use the drain to waste chart and it works great at full strength for my rock wool slabs. You should be using the recirculating one at full strength.

https://gh.growgh.com/docs/Feedcharts/GH_FloraSeries-REC_03216am.pdf

So for seedlings its 2.5 ml each of flora bloom micro and grow for one gallon. So for five gallons its 5x2.5 ml or 12.5 ml each of florabloom floramicro and floragrow. When mixing the nutrients its important to mix the micro first followed by the others.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMonsterbud420
Stranger

Registered: 07/15/20
Posts: 7
Last seen: 2 months, 15 days
Re: Grow Log Post #5 [Re: Rider420]
    #846471 - 08/13/20 08:42 PM (2 months, 15 days ago)

Thank you all for the tips...

LOL a smart plug is one of those plugs that works with bluetooth so you can turn it on or off on your phone. Idk... have to look at how they work.

I am going to post a pic of my new controller. Finally bought one. Also got my seeds. Waiting on the siding people to finish putting the siding up. They take forever.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Air Stone, Hydroponics Supplies, Hygrometer, pH Test Strips, Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Cannabis, Marijuana, Ganja & Greens >> Cannabis Cultivation

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* should i make a new grow log? kickin-two-hundo 3,110 17 09/11/10 09:22 PM
by Magash
* Nomination Thread, Grow Log of the Year 2010! Harry_Ba11sachM 6,481 16 11/10/10 11:02 PM
by T-Rex
* My Indoor Grow Log Killuminati_420 1,530 4 01/10/10 08:59 PM
by I_AM_SWIM
* Harry's 2010 Grow Log, 1200W, Flo, Sweet Tooth, Maneater and Snowcap Harry_Ba11sachM 375 0 07/02/10 02:29 AM
by
* My first clone, semi grow log - semi help post. Helicees 3,541 16 05/28/10 10:37 AM
by Helicees
* pictures of my grow log lostinbq 717 2 06/16/10 07:41 PM
by lostinbq
* Kisch grow log? by Ice House *COMPLETED* harvest pics Ice House 7,989 10 10/19/09 04:42 PM
by Ero42oH2o
* Aerogarden/CFL indoor grow log
( 1 2 3 all )
SalviaNshrooms9090 19,616 57 12/26/09 11:05 PM
by SalviaNshrooms9090

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: FurrowedBrow, Magash, Data, Dr. Siekadellyk, phychotron
449 topic views. 0 members, 17 guests and 73 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Print Topic ]
Search this thread:
Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2020 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 13 queries.