Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinemystery
Stranger
Can you help with my not so short short list of strains?
    #845229 - 06/01/20 01:09 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Hey

I'm new here!

I've spent quite a number of hours finding good breeders, and what seem to be good strain choices. The list below is from what seems through my research, to be established seed breeders. I might have missed some though

Ideally I would grow 4 plants (1 super high thc, 1 high thc, 1 medium/with high cbd, 1 high cbd) to have a broad spectrum to help me medically. However, I might only be able to grow two at a time because of space, and the differing grow heights of the strains. In this case i will probably start with a super high or very high thc, and a medium/low thc high cbd - to get the best of both. I'm growing indoors - ideally a smallish grow, 70cmx100cm or so.

I have chronic ongoing pain, I also have depression and anxiety and am trying to treat these with herb. I knew someone many years ago who grew some at home in soil, and it was so amazing that it got rid of my aches etc, and he said it was very doable to grow your own at home.

I am predominantly auto flowers here as I am new to this and the recommendations seem to be to start with auto.

So here is the list!

• Brand                  Strain                  AF    THC Prize Yield Harvest height
  • Dutch Passion        Auto Blackberry Kush Yes    V High Yes XL seed to cut 10 weeks 75-100cm
  • Dutch Passion        Bubba Island Kush Yes    V High No L 7.5 week flower 100cm
  • Dutch Passion        Orange Hill Special No      X High Yes XXL 8 Week flower
  • Dutch Passion        Auto Lemon Kix          Yes    X High No XXL seed to cut 12 weeks
  • Dutch Passion        Master Kush            No      High Yes L 8 Week flower
  • Dutch Passion        CBD Auto Blackberry KushYes    Low no seed to cut 11 - 13weeks
  • Dutch Passion        Auto Night Queen® Yes    V high Yes XL seed to cut 10 weeks
  • Dutch Passion        Shaman                  No      Medium No L 8 Week flower tall
  • Dutch Passion        CBD Skunk Haze          No      Medium Yes XL 9 week flower tall but trainable
  • Dutch Passion        Auto Blueberry          Yes    Medium M seed to cut 8-10 weeks
  • Dutch Passion        Auto Duck              Yes    Medium No L seed to cut 11-12 weeks
  • Dutch Passion        CBD Auto Compassion LimeYes    Medium Yes XXL seed to cut 11-13 weeks
  • RQS                  HulkBerry Automatic    Yes    V to x high XL 6-7 week flower 80-120cm
  • RQS                  Royal Jack Automatic    Yes    M to High No XL 6-8 week flower 40-80cm
  • RQS                  Tatanka Pure                    Low no xl 6-8 week flower 80-100cm
  • RQS                  Stress Killer          Yes    Medium no xxl 7-8 week flower 90-140cm
  • RQS                  Fast Eddy              yes    low/med xl seed to cut 8-9 weeks
  • RQS                  Euphoria                no      Low/med Yes xl-xxl 8 week flower 60-100cm
  • HSO                  Blue Dream Auto        Yes    Medium no m-l 70-75 days life cycle 100-150cm
  • HSO                  Blue Dream CBD          no      low/med no xxxl flower 63-70 days na

*note* I made this in excel and spent so long searching through things, it looks a bit weird above, hopefully it is clear enough, I've tried to get it to look clearer on here but it won't!

I really have tried to put some thought in to this list and write up some notes.

For me the ones that stand out are:
  • Extra High THC

• Dutch Passion Auto lemon Kix - it says it is easier to grow, with a big yield (but might be too tall for 1.6-1.8m box?)

• RQS - Hulkberry auto - seems interesting too

• High THC

• Dutch Passion - Auto Night queen - seems very popular

• Dutch Passion - Bubba Island Kush

• Medium THC

• Dutch Passion - CBD Skunk Haze - high cbd

• Dutch Passion - Auto Blueberry (I have heard blueberry is epic and I am yet to try it)

• RQS - Euphoria - high yield - high cbd

• HSO - Blue Dream Auto - have heard blue dream is very nice

• Low THC/High CBD

• RQS - Tatanka Pure - relaxing high cbd

• HSO - Blue Dream CBD - Very high yield and very high cbd and decent thc

I read that Dutch Passion Shaman is awesome, but might be a bit of a fight to make it fit, it is also not auto, so would have to be a future grow.

What ones would you pick? Are there any you would recommend?

Thanks for your time

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Re: Can you help with my not so short short list of strains? [Re: mystery]
    #845289 - 06/02/20 01:37 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

If you're looking for a specific CBD ratio, you'll want to grow photoperiod strains so you can clone them and keep growing them once you've found what you're looking for.  For example, I've got a cut of Star Tonic that tests around 15% CBD, 9% THC.  It's nice relaxing smoke, so I've kept it around for the past 5 years.  You can't do that with autos.

Offlinemystery
Stranger
Re: Can you help with my not so short short list of strains? [Re: yoosername]
    #845299 - 06/03/20 04:53 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I would love to clone, and also breed some! But  I thought keeping it simple with my first grow might be a good move.

However,

On my list these aren't AF:
  • Dutch Passion Master Kush
  • Dutch Passion Shaman (might grow too tall?)
  • Dutch Passion CBD Skunk Haze
  • RQS Euphoria - high cbd
  • HSO Blue Dream CBD

Are there any there you'd grow?

For other non autos I've researched these but hadn't noted things down like breeder:

• Grandaddy purple - not sure which breeder
  • HSO - Blue Dream - heard very good things
  • Girl Scout Cookies - I don't know what breeder is best for this but heard it is amazing
  • Bubblegum Kush - is bulldog seeds the right breeder?
  • jilybean - not sure which breeder
  • Royal Queen Seeds -critical kush
  • Dark horse genetics - Bruce Banner BX 2.0

How did you test yours for terps? Is it easy to do this at home?

If I'm not just going to do AF - what high thc and what high cbd would you choose and why?

Offlineyoosername
Strange

#845305 - 06/03/20 02:28 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Keeping it simple is wise for your first grow, although simplicity is often derived from a complex diversity.  The more you can read up on ahead of time, the easier your grow will be.

I have no experience with those breeders, so my recommendation wouldn't mean much.  I'd just pick one that appeals to you and get to growing.  Lately I've been ordering Bodhi seeds from Great Lakes Genetics.  I bought two packs for $70 each, got two freebie packs, and an additional 28 free seeds from their in house breeder, Bad Dawg genetics.  One of them is a GSC cross, and I've also seen some Atonic crosses, which would have a mix of THC and CBD phenos.

It helps to have someone who knows what they're doing who can show you how to grow.  This way you can copy their technique and have successful grows until you're experienced enough to develop your own.

As far as lighting goes, don't buy the cheap blurple LEDs from amazon.  Look into Quantum Boards from HLG (US), Invisible Sun (UK) or Grow Lights Australia.  You could also go with spiderfarmer or mars hydro, but the first three options would be better.  A strip build is another option if you can DIY.

Probably the most important decision you'll have to make is whether you want to grow organically or hydroponically.  I grow organically, but I've heard coco DTW is easy.

Offlineyoosername
Strange

#845306 - 06/03/20 02:36 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mystery said:

How did you test yours for terps? Is it easy to do this at home?

I didn't test it, I bought a tested clone.  At home there is a method for testing for CBD with NaOH, and you can test for different cannabinoids with thin layer chromatography, but lab testing is best for terpene or cannabinoid content analysis.

OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: Can you help with my not so short short list of strains? [Re: yoosername]
    #845333 - 06/06/20 07:51 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Auto are nice insofar that you can give them 18 hours of light for their complete life span and not have to worry about light leaks. Autos also finish quicker then normal or feminized strains. The aforementioned fact by yoosername that you can't keep any clones is the major drawback. None the less Auto are a great way to start and will have the least issues.

I would choose the Auto blueberry or the Auto Blackberry Kush by DP.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds