Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Strain suggestions.
    #308151 - 11/02/09 02:14 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I want something that would help with my Anxiety that maybe has some purps in it. Something that you have grown before possibly. Something that wont grow 15 feet tall either haha. I'm thinking about moving into a new place and setting up a nice place to have a couple plants maybe. Suggestions please.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: Strain suggestions. [Re: Triptonic]
    #308153 - 11/02/09 02:19 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Oh I also want something that wont make my heart fucking race all the fuckin time also lol. (probably goes along with anxiety)

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
    #308160 - 11/02/09 02:53 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Strawberry cough - I've grown it and from what I understand was bred for anxiety

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: Strain suggestions. [Re: mhbound]
    #308162 - 11/02/09 02:59 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds delicious as well. I think I'm going to start a grow in the next few months. Thanks for the input mhbound. I'll look into it. Anyone else?

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #308201 - 11/02/09 09:18 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Ace Tikal

Breeder : Ace Seeds
Flowering Time : 10 weeks
Environment : Outdoor
Seeds Per Pack : 10

Tikal is a sativa hybrid with new central american genetics, originating from the jungles of Guatemala. It is a high yielding and vigorous sativa which is easy to cultivate. She finishes outdoors with well developed branches, full of sweet flowers of strawberry aroma.

Structure: Sativa ramified and equilibrated in size
Bouquet: Sweet as a strawberry chewing gum in the flowering. With woody, hazy and sour details when smoking her.
Potency: Warm experience of body and mind, without agitation or anxiety.
Flowering time: 10 weeks. 1st half of October.
Production/m2: Medium-High

AceF Tikal

Breeder : Ace Seeds
Flowering Time : 10 Weeks
Environment : Indoor / Outdoor
Seeds Per Pack : 5 Fem

Tikal is a sativa hybrid with new central american genetics, originating from the jungles of Guatemala. It is a high yielding and vigorous sativa which is easy to cultivate. She finishes outdoors with well developed branches, full of sweet flowers of strawberry aroma.

Structure: Sativa ramified and equilibrated in size
Bouquet: Sweet as a strawberry chewing gum in the flowering. With woody, hazy and sour details when smoking her.
Potency: Warm experience of body and mind, without agitation or anxiety.
Flowering time: 10 weeks. 1st half of October.
Production/m2: Medium-High

DJS-Vanilluna

Breeder : DJ Short
Flowering Time : 55–60 days
Environment : Indoor/Outdoor

Vanilluna"–(aka "Vanilla Moon") a structurally Kush hybrid of a cross between a female "Blueberry Sativa" (from the exact same seed stock that produced the mother of the "Blue Satellite"; the mother of the "Vanilluna" being large, green, symmetric with a distinct dominant main-stem and compact nodes, little variegation and long side-branches) crossed with the Original Blueberry male (a "stretch"-indica). This quasi-hybrid grows medium-tall Kush-like plants with short nodes, large, dark green foliage, thick-yet-sturdy hollow stems and tight, spade shaped buds of dense-but-elongated and swollen calyx/bract flowers completely coated in large, clear trichome of superior aromatics. Flower time is approx. 55–60 days, with the more interesting oils developing in the very last week. "Vanilluna" possesses a complex-yet-subtle palate of a creamy, vanilla/honey blend with a hint of floral bouquet and sweet melon musk. The experience of the finished product is of top-shelf quality; smooth, comfortable, very long-lasting (hours) and dreamy. Upon final testing, a few individual plants from the "Vanilluna" provided an experience very similar to the "Blue Heaven", i.e. calming, clear and relatively anti-anxiety. Please note: approx. 15% of the plants from this line will sport variegated growth patterns. The other 85% will grow uniform plants with slight variation in height. Extended vegetative time coupled with early topping is recommended to increase yield, or run un-topped in a SOG-type system.

MAN-Mandala #1

Breeder : Mandala Seeds
Flowering Time : 55 - 60 days
Environment : Indoor/Outdoor

MANDALA SEEDS: Mandala #1
Type: sativa-indica
Genetics: S. African highland Sativa x NZ Purple Indica & N.Indian Sativa

Mandala #1 is a good choice if you are aiming for a quick crop with a Sativa effect. We recommend this strain especially for northern climates where harvesting by the end of September is a priority. This strain has two basic phenotypes (characteristic plant types). Approximately 30% of the plants belong to the Sativa dominant phenotype and grow in a christmas tree shape. The leaf structure is similar to the Indica dominant pheno. Purplish leaf stems and light red stripes along shoots are not uncommon and should not be mistaken for a nutrient deficiency. The young flowering plants have a perfumed woody-herbal fragrance when you rub the stems. Despite the Sativa dominance the buds are chunky and the plants are easy to grow. The Indica type pheno is apparent through it's squater growth, thick main stem, and larger leaves. Branches are shorter, growing upwards close to the plant (perfect for SOG). The side shoots towards the top are also short and give the head buds a more compact structure. This pheno tends to develop a sweet-spicy smell during early flowering. Mandala #1 flowers with a spear-shaped head bud of considerable length that makes this a high yielder. Resin output is impressive -also in outdoor grows. The prime head buds are coated with a thick layer of trichomes and glisten brightly in the sun. Some plants develop beautiful dark purple calyxes during mid-flowering: a trait which they inherited from the New Zealand Purple Indica in the paternal line. Harvesting is very simple since the calyx-to-leaf ratio is predominantly high.

INDOOR: One of our breeding goals is to ensure that our strains are flexible and stable so that plants can be raised indoor and undergo the light stress of switching between artificial lighting and sunlight. It is therefore possible to start your garden indoor and shift the plants outdoor for flowering. Cloning and regenerating Mandala #1 is easy. Since this strain has a high percentage of landrace genetics that were adapted to growing on nutrient poor soil, the plants subsist easily in good horticultural grade potting soil and require little feeding if any. We recommend to provide an adequate pot size for healthy growth. Height is average and even the sativa pheno can be accomodated in small indoor spaces if a 12/12 light period is started early. A Sea of Green style cultivation is best with the Indica phenotype, or with clones (rather than from seed) of both phenos. All plants are suitable for SCROG and other forms of training.

OUTDOOR: This early flowering strain shares the benefits of hardy landrace genetics and a very resinous hybrid to produce robust plants with high bud quality. The auto-flowering traits in this cross initiate flowering early enough for an abundant yield in September. Even if harsh weather circumstances require harvesting before all plants reach full maturity, they will still deliver a satisfying amount of resin-coated buds.

MEDICAL USE: Mandala #1 shows potential in it’s anti-anxiety and anti-depressive effects. As this is a new strain we will be updating further benefits once feedback comes in from med users.

MAN-Satori

Breeder : Mandala Seeds
Flowering Time : 65-72 days
Environment : indoor/outdoor
Origin : Spain
Yield : 550-600 gr/m2 (dry weight)

High: a clear, cerebral high and strong potency supports your mental concentration and creativity if required; expansive feeling at sides of the head; inspiring; stimulating. Medical Use: Satori shows her therapeutic potential in relieving depression and anxiety. Inspiration and moments of enlightenment flash up in this mind-expanding marijuana variety. Satori is not difficult to grow and she has shown impressive hardiness agaist spider mites and posesses a good measure of mold resistance. Her mostly slim appearance make it possible to plant in narrow rows to maximize yield and the firm sideshoots provide strong cuttings. Like all our varieties she is also quite resilient against heat - an added bonus for small indoor environments. With sufficient light and warmth in a greenhouse or in hydroponics, record yields of up to 600gr/m2 can be achieved. Her mainly sweet and spicy aroma is a special treat for the senses. This variety is a favourite of our breeders - and they must really know what counts!

These were the first five I found using the search engine on the seed boutique all in stock now.

Forgot to add this one.

$149.90
DPF - Strawberry Cough
Click to enlarge

The "Strawberry Cough" genetics are of North American origin and partly uniquely European. "Strawberry Cough" is a hybrid between an Indica and a Sativa. From this hybrid we made a selection having about 80% Sativa influences. We have used this selection for the production of our "Strawberry Cough" Seeds. Our "Production and Research Team" has succeeded in creating the fruitiest variety imaginable. The fresh strawberry taste and aroma are very evident and wonderful to experience. Strawberry has an "up high" effect of medium THC -strength. The plants are beautiful to look at. The total flowering time takes about 9 weeks. The first and most powerful growth spurt of flowers ends in week four, the second at week 9. "Strawberry Cough" is easy to grow and does not need a strong fertilizing scheme. Standard fertilizing will do for good results. Individual plants will grow to medium height. Are you ready for the "Strawberry Experience"?

--------------------
:getstoned:

Edited by Stoneth (11/02/09 05:15 PM)

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Re: Strain suggestions. [Re: Stoneth]
    #308210 - 11/02/09 09:28 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Mandala also has a white strain I forget the name I'll look it up but its also bred for anxiety...Supposedly very good like the strawberry cough.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #308217 - 11/02/09 09:34 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah I think you're talking about White Satin which is out of stock right now.

--------------------

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#308223 - 11/02/09 09:47 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I believe yer right :thumbup:

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #308240 - 11/02/09 10:12 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I believe you're wrong...its called White Satin.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Strain suggestions. [Re: 81renaissance]
    #308243 - 11/02/09 10:15 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

That's it, but seed boutique doesn't have it in right now.

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #308246 - 11/02/09 10:21 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

stoney.69 said:
Yeah I think you're talking about White Satin which is out of stock right now.

haha :ninja: edit.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #308272 - 11/02/09 10:57 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:rofl:

I'm good for that.

--------------------

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#308284 - 11/02/09 11:45 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yea thats it! Well, you were close..

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#308306 - 11/02/09 02:59 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Sweet so whats it down to, Stawberry Cough, Ace Tikal, Vanilla Moon or Mandala #1.

Lets do a vote.
Which strain should I get for my Anxiety.
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (11/02/09 02:59 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #308356 - 11/02/09 05:06 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i voted vanilluna.
Fuckin' DJ short strains are so UP! They make me warm and happy.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#308382 - 11/02/09 05:45 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I voted strawberry cough, it just sounds to delicious.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #308388 - 11/02/09 05:48 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, but the original isn't even available anymore. 
If you could get the Kyle Kushman Strawberry Cough I would vote for it.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#308390 - 11/02/09 05:49 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Son of a bitch! lol I still might want to try it though. I need something that really relieves anxiety and doesnt get my heart racing so much. It feels like its gonna beat outta my chest.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#308409 - 11/02/09 06:11 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

You may not find the original but there are some that are equally as good, namely the one I sent him a link to. I grew it...Its bomb.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #308416 - 11/02/09 06:21 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

No disrespect mh, I just disagree, that's all.

the DP strawberry cough very well might be a good strain, but its not even close to the Kushman s. cough.
I smoked Kushman's version in Cali a few years back, and the DP was from a dispensary in CO.
The main differences were the flavor (obvious strawberry in the Kushman not in the DP but that could have been the pheno they selected) and the high (Kushman's was chill, but motivating, while DP felt couch-locky to me).
I didn't like the DP, but again that was only from ONE sample, and I'm sure with good selection you can find a good, strawberry flavored, keeper in the right pack.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#308419 - 11/02/09 06:24 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I agree with the flavor...The strawberry flavor wasn't present too much at least when I grew it out.

But I still got the good high that the strain is known for. Now I'm speaking purely on what I've tried which doesn't include the original...So, I'm basing mine off of what I've read and the couple of samples I've tried from various people over the years.

You don't think its possible to find it anymore? Not even in clone form?

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#308422 - 11/02/09 06:25 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I dont care so much about the taste although it is a plus, I really just need a non-heart racing anti-anxiety strain.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#308426 - 11/02/09 06:27 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Well, like I said I had good results with the link I sent you...I harvested fairly early before the trichomes started turning really amber to get that relaxing high without being couchlocked.

I'm thinking 81 may have had some that was harvested later in flowering causing the effects he experienced.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#308428 - 11/02/09 06:28 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

alright I think thats what I'm probably going with, but I will still leave it up for discussion. I wont be growing for a little while.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #308634 - 11/02/09 10:38 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

You don't think its possible to find it anymore? Not even in clone form?

I'm not sure.  I discussed that very question with Magash briefly in a thread a couple months ago, and he seemed to think it might be available in clone form but didn't know where offhand.
If I could get that, I would be SO stoked.

Triptonic: I kinda want you to get the DP version and grow it out just so I can see what your impressions are of the pheno's that you get.
Can you swing 2 strains? Word on the street is that old school DJ Short strains are going the way of the dodo and we'll be seeing new ones from him shortly.  Maybe look into F13, Flo, or Grape Krush?  They're all supposed to be stellar, and Grape Krush is supposed to have a grape koolaid pheno AND have indica dom traits while maintaining the positive vibes that DJ strains are known for.
:2cents: https://www.seedboutique.com/store/index.php?manufacturers_id=57

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#308638 - 11/02/09 10:40 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

lol I dont really care what I grow as long as it doesnt make my heart race and give me anxiety. I might be able to swing two strains. How much is a 5 pack of each?

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#308642 - 11/02/09 10:41 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

And shit that DJ short is some crazy purps haha. Kind of expensive though....

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #308648 - 11/02/09 10:43 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yeah its pricy, but you won't be able to find it by this time next year.
If you find a keeper pheno you'll have shit nobody else has.
DJ short knows what he's doing with regard to breeding. His only shortcoming (IMO) is how extensively he worked his blueberry line, but I think that's about to change.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#308666 - 11/02/09 10:48 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hmmm this is true. I like the purps as well.

Edited by stoney.69 (11/03/09 12:01 PM)

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #308692 - 11/02/09 10:55 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Don't tease me.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#308699 - 11/02/09 10:57 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not man I would do that. It would save me some money as well.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #308716 - 11/02/09 11:03 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

nah man, can't do that anyway, no seed trade on Growery.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#308718 - 11/02/09 11:05 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Oh shit I forgot about that nevermind.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #308945 - 11/03/09 09:37 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Lol you guys.  Ever heard of :pm: before?

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: Strain suggestions. [Re: Inverted]
    #309231 - 11/03/09 05:34 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Shhhhhhhhhhh

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds