Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDamo
Germinator

Loc: 4th world poverty
Looking for grows or journals using coco peat and vermicastings
    #845055 - 05/19/20 07:10 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

For some weird reasons, i cant get results searching for 'coco peat vermicasting' cannabis grow..

Am a shroomery user for the longest time and now, wanting to expand my knowledge here..

I have about 2x3 meters space I can house the plants with and would like to know how to set it up.. any help will highly be appreciated. Thanks...
Thank you for your guidance, sirs and maams.

<3

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRolleduhhp
Dog With Thumbs

Re: Looking for grows or journals using coco peat and vermicastings [Re: Damo]
    #845060 - 05/20/20 12:58 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Try switching your search up. I've had better luck looking for info on worm castings, as opposed to vermicast.

OfflineDamo
Germinator

Re: Looking for grows or journals using coco peat and vermicastings [Re: Rolleduhhp]
    #845065 - 05/20/20 10:01 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Some things came up from your advise. However. My research is still inconclusive. Thanks.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Looking for grows or journals using coco peat and vermicastings [Re: Damo]
    #845067 - 05/21/20 07:10 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I always went with pure coco. I was using Canna nutrients and listened to their advice not to adulterate the coco. Their formula (they 'invented' growing in pure coco coir basically) was designed to be used with pure coco. Check my signature

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Re: Looking for grows or journals using coco peat and vermicastings [Re: phychotron]
    #845086 - 05/22/20 05:58 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

It sounds like you are looking for organic grow journals.  If so, ditch the coco and grow in a mixture like this;

15% worm castings
15% compost
30% peat moss
40% aeration, with up to 10% being biochar.

+Amendments (kelp, neem, crab meal, etc.)

Once you have a good soil recipe figured out, you can fill pots and dump/remix the soil after each round, or grow in a large 4x8 bed with the same soil round after round.  Either method works well once dialed in.

If I'm wrong and you're planning on feeding bottled nutrients, I'd grow in coco as phychotron suggested.

OfflineDamo
Germinator

Re: Looking for grows or journals using coco peat and vermicastings [Re: yoosername]
    #845089 - 05/22/20 09:46 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

yoosername said:
It sounds like you are looking for organic grow journals.  If so, ditch the coco and grow in a mixture like this;

15% worm castings
15% compost
30% peat moss
40% aeration, with up to 10% being biochar.

+Amendments (kelp, neem, crab meal, etc.)

Once you have a good soil recipe figured out, you can fill pots and dump/remix the soil after each round, or grow in a large 4x8 bed with the same soil round after round.  Either method works well once dialed in.

If I'm wrong and you're planning on feeding bottled nutrients, I'd grow in coco as phychotron suggested.

Thank you for your reply.

Nice advice and recipes.
Yes, I kinda wanna grow with coconut peat/coir and worm castings as I heard, they come with 'good' results. I dont wanna half-ass but if there are easy ways to do this like using coconut peat and worm castings only and if there are grow logs like this, Id like to have a look.

Im also planning of using polycarbonate sun roofing to supplement LED lighting.. if thats even a thing.

Thanks all.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck