Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePaulVanDyk
KING OF TRANCE

Seed clarification
    #842640 - 01/25/20 02:37 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Hello my friends
I have a couple of questions regarding seeds that i am unsure about and am hoping to get some clarification. I have decided i am gonna mess around with a bare bones no cost micro grow in a tiny old PC case lol. Nothing serious just more experiment and entertainment/education.

that being said i will be working with 'Bagseed' which brings me to my questions.
Firstly, when i say 'bagseed' i mean the odd few seeds i would find in a few ounces of dank. I think its safe to assume they are all self pollinated... So this would mean these seeds are 'feminized' correct?
i am not familiar with the terms S1/F1 etc. which i assume have to do with 'stabilizing' a strain.
i am also curious on thoughts about 'bagseed' i do have a couple bags of seeds that was from seedy bud, i cannot remember if the bud had nanners or not as most of my seed collection is 5 years old or so lol. this has led me to not even consider germinating these as im sure it will be a waste of time and could be rigged genetics to the point i might not have control over how they turn out or not.

back to the bagseed im more interested in. recently i had purchased an 8th from a rec shop of some dank top shelf and i found a single seed which sparked up the interest.

what are the odds that i would be dealing with bad genetics from these seeds?

Are these seeds also likely to be a clone of the parent since i believe them to be self pollinated?
i am also aware of 2 plants coming out of 1 seed, when this occurs from a suspected feminized seed, does that mean one of the plants in the seed will be a clone of the parent plant?

future thanks to any and all who read this, i apologize for my lack of knowledge in advanced lol... This will be the first grow ive attempted and its just for fun really anyways.
though if i do hit the genetic lottery i intend to clone and preserve and may give it a more serious attempt in a more serious space lol :cheers:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Re: Seed clarification [Re: PaulVanDyk] * 1
    #842741 - 01/27/20 06:17 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

In my experience, bagseeds have a high probability of being hermies.  Should be perfect for practicing germination, early veg, and sexing, but I wouldn't count on a harvest from them.  That said, the only way to know for sure is to pop them.

S1 means a (female) plant was pollinated with it's own pollen.  Usually this is done with pollen created by using a silver spray.  F1 is a first generation cross between two different strains.  F2 would be a cross between two of the offspring from an F1 cross.

If you want to make a more serious attempt, I believe a 2x4 tent is a good size to start with.  I started with a 4x8 and had an easy $200 hike in my electric bill before I even knew how to grow.

OfflinePaulVanDyk
KING OF TRANCE

Re: Seed clarification [Re: yoosername]
    #842778 - 01/27/20 08:51 PM (4 years, 2 months ago)

ah i c, ty for the clarification on that.

i am really not expecting anything from this other then some learning

i am working with like 0 space its laughable

i have a seedling just breaking the surface and i am debating between 12/12 or not, i know its gonna have to veg for 30 days or so anyways but the space im working with is so tiny temps could end up being a problem

not really sure how much a 12/12 run would impact veg speed, but like i said the space is so tiny it really cant get big anyways and im not even using nutes

just gonna LST and try and get a few colas going but ill likely have to LST them too lol i got maybe 10 inches of verticle space before my lights :cool:

Offlinealvin2VB
Stranger
Re: Seed clarification [Re: PaulVanDyk]
    #843411 - 03/01/20 04:50 PM (4 years, 28 days ago)

It remembers me a time, when I was trying to grow up mine THC flowers... By the way, if you will try to find an awesome and trusted online shop, the only market I can recommend to you is this one ( url: https://weedzy.co.uk/ ). It has everything, even Afgan Mazar Sharif Hash and Sour Pink Limonade, which is pretty hard to find at the same time at any other shop.

OfflineCannabrainz
Grower
Male

Re: Seed clarification [Re: alvin2VB]
    #843517 - 03/07/20 08:30 AM (4 years, 22 days ago)

It's a dice roll for sure, but some of my best plants were from brick weed bag seeds. I've had trash plants from purchased quality vendor. With seeds you have to view it like people.  If 2 people breed 100 times are any 2 going to be exactly the same? Nope, just like plants. The offspring can and probably will be close to same smell and taste but your looking for the Elon Musk of buds. Grow us a SpaceX Rocket Nug, take me to Mars.

I find its easiest to cross Sativa x Sativa  or Indica x Indica and stabilize the strain for the least variables. Although I prefer true hybrid, hybrid(Sativa x Indica F1)crosses for overall quality of high, potency and Flavor. Being the key determining factor when choosing a strain for a mother.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds