Home | Community | Message Board

Reliable Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Cannabis, Marijuana, Ganja & Greens >> Cannabis Cultivation

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePaulVanDyk
KING OF TRANCE

Seed clarification
    #842640 - 01/25/20 02:37 PM (1 month, 3 days ago)

Hello my friends
I have a couple of questions regarding seeds that i am unsure about and am hoping to get some clarification. I have decided i am gonna mess around with a bare bones no cost micro grow in a tiny old PC case lol. Nothing serious just more experiment and entertainment/education.

that being said i will be working with 'Bagseed' which brings me to my questions.
Firstly, when i say 'bagseed' i mean the odd few seeds i would find in a few ounces of dank. I think its safe to assume they are all self pollinated... So this would mean these seeds are 'feminized' correct?
i am not familiar with the terms S1/F1 etc. which i assume have to do with 'stabilizing' a strain.
i am also curious on thoughts about 'bagseed' i do have a couple bags of seeds that was from seedy bud, i cannot remember if the bud had nanners or not as most of my seed collection is 5 years old or so lol. this has led me to not even consider germinating these as im sure it will be a waste of time and could be rigged genetics to the point i might not have control over how they turn out or not.

back to the bagseed im more interested in. recently i had purchased an 8th from a rec shop of some dank top shelf and i found a single seed which sparked up the interest.

what are the odds that i would be dealing with bad genetics from these seeds?

Are these seeds also likely to be a clone of the parent since i believe them to be self pollinated?
i am also aware of 2 plants coming out of 1 seed, when this occurs from a suspected feminized seed, does that mean one of the plants in the seed will be a clone of the parent plant?

future thanks to any and all who read this, i apologize for my lack of knowledge in advanced lol... This will be the first grow ive attempted and its just for fun really anyways.
though if i do hit the genetic lottery i intend to clone and preserve and may give it a more serious attempt in a more serious space lol :cheers:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Re: Seed clarification [Re: PaulVanDyk] * 1
    #842741 - 01/27/20 06:17 AM (1 month, 1 day ago)

In my experience, bagseeds have a high probability of being hermies.  Should be perfect for practicing germination, early veg, and sexing, but I wouldn't count on a harvest from them.  That said, the only way to know for sure is to pop them.

S1 means a (female) plant was pollinated with it's own pollen.  Usually this is done with pollen created by using a silver spray.  F1 is a first generation cross between two different strains.  F2 would be a cross between two of the offspring from an F1 cross.

If you want to make a more serious attempt, I believe a 2x4 tent is a good size to start with.  I started with a 4x8 and had an easy $200 hike in my electric bill before I even knew how to grow.

OfflinePaulVanDyk
KING OF TRANCE

Re: Seed clarification [Re: yoosername]
    #842778 - 01/27/20 08:51 PM (1 month, 1 day ago)

ah i c, ty for the clarification on that.

i am really not expecting anything from this other then some learning

i am working with like 0 space its laughable

i have a seedling just breaking the surface and i am debating between 12/12 or not, i know its gonna have to veg for 30 days or so anyways but the space im working with is so tiny temps could end up being a problem

not really sure how much a 12/12 run would impact veg speed, but like i said the space is so tiny it really cant get big anyways and im not even using nutes

just gonna LST and try and get a few colas going but ill likely have to LST them too lol i got maybe 10 inches of verticle space before my lights :cool:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Cannabis, Marijuana, Ganja & Greens >> Cannabis Cultivation