Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTheDudeness
Stranger
Aero cloner tek
    #843273 - 02/25/20 05:08 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Just curious if anyone has used a clear aero cloner? Like the clear ez-cloner that used to be popular years ago.  I've used homemade roughneck cloners with great success in the past. And am in the process of making a new one but with the 20L sterilite clear tub with the blue airtight gasket. I know the old clear ez-cloner was prone to algae but seemed to work just fine. Probably going to go ahead with the project anyway haha. Just curious if anyone had used the clear ones before and didn't have any light or algae issues.  I know the darker roughneck never has any problems with light nor algae in my experience. But we're always prone to leaks after a few runs. And would always have to constantly modify to keep from leaking. That's why I want to try this gasket tub. Probably will run into the same issues after some time but won't know until you try! Haha

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCannabrainz
Grower
Male

Re: Aero cloner tek [Re: TheDudeness]
    #843274 - 02/25/20 05:22 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Loved mine, just had to run a timer 15 on every 2hrs so the solution didn't warm up from excessive pump run time. Also clean ever 2 weeks with a 5% bleach solution. No algae. My record is roots in 3 days, ran solution at 70°.

OfflineTheDudeness
Stranger
Re: Aero cloner tek [Re: Cannabrainz]
    #843278 - 02/25/20 07:16 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

I always ran my pumps 24\7. Never had much trouble with excessive pump heat. But by letting them sit for 2hrs would increase oxygen on the stems. Ever have any troubles with embolism in the stems from leaving pumps off for 2hrs?  Also I always used just plain tap water and let set for 24hrs beforehand.  Never used any solution or hormones. Usually took about 7 days before the 1st nubs would pop.  And I would bleach the system between each run. Never had no issues besides leaks haha. I'll try your way and see what kind of results I show. Like i said I've always used opaque containers. Never clear. Was hoping I'd hear good feedback about the clear ones haha. Thanks

OfflineCannabrainz
Grower
Male

#843285 - 02/25/20 11:21 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Stems do fine,I used RO and roots excel for my 3 day root. I usually let them go to 1 week max.

OfflineTheDudeness
Stranger
Re: Aero cloner tek [Re: Cannabrainz]
    #843290 - 02/25/20 11:48 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Cool. I'll give your way a shot. What brand of roots Excel do you speak of?  And what's your ml\gal ratio?

OfflineTheDudeness
Stranger
    #843591 - 03/13/20 12:25 PM (4 years, 16 days ago)

Got her built. 🤞

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #843593 - 03/13/20 02:53 PM (4 years, 15 days ago)

the clear aerocloner was just the display model to show you what it looked like inside. The one they sell you is completely black to prevent the roots from getting light shock. As well as algae growth that happens with light.

they will root with just water. Also look into the scrape technique. I used Superthrive as clone liquid because it was cheap and effective.

I had mine on a timer 30 minutes on, 15 off. It worked better than full blast, which also worked.

each clone collar can hold like 4-5 clones. Plant when roots are starting to explode, not when they're long.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineTheDudeness
Stranger
Re: Aero cloner tek [Re: phychotron]
    #843603 - 03/14/20 12:19 PM (4 years, 15 days ago)

It was used as a display model as well as the black model. Both models were sold as well. And yes the clear did seem to have algae growth a bit more than the black one. Although not much when you wiped the edges. But that could've been due to the stores lack of cleaning lol. Yeah I figured I'd try the clear and see how it works. I usually use just water anyway. Tried a timer this go round though. 1 min on and 15min off. I'll keep dialing back the off cycle to see which is most effective in the future. But right now it's all kind of a new experiment. I've been at this stuff for about 20 years lol. But found a groove years ago and just stuck with that. Never played around with anything. But now I figured I'd try some new things to see if I can make any improvement on my style and turn around.  Plus that tub is quite nice compared to the old roughnecks. And if the time it takes to root isn't on par with the old style I'll try blacking out the tub to decrease light penetration.  But time will tell.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates