Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
Vaporization vs. Combustion
    #838391 - 08/05/19 07:50 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask the people here if they think vaporizing weed is better, or if combustion of the plant material is a superior method of ingesting the herb.
There's even an entire website dedicated to the advocacy of vaporization called: "fuckcombustion.com"
I personally have never vaporized herb before, not to my knowledge; however, I have vaporized concentrates like shatter or regular hashish.
I enjoy smoking herb, and I think that there is a sacred element to the whole process of burning weed and creating smoke that one inhales and which fills up the space.
I also think it smells really good when it is lit on fire and burned.
As I said before I have no experience with vaporizing weed so I can't comment on it.
Thoughts?

--------------------
I am Jah Jesus Christ Snoop Doggy Dogg Burning Marijuana Tree Lord Shiva King Death Row Kambodia Allah Mahavishnu Masta Killa King Wu-Tang Gautauma Buddha Om Krishna.
My name is Nishith Vijay a.k.a. CannabisPatient

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Re: Vaporization vs. Combustion [Re: cannabispatient] * 1
    #838405 - 08/07/19 03:43 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Personally, I like vaporizing more than smoking.  Years ago I bought a Vapor Brothers desktop unit and now it's all I ever use.  You can find used ones on ebay for $100 or less.  I got mine for $40.

Vaporizing is much cleaner than smoking.  Healthier too, with all of the flavor and non of the nasty lingering smell.  I can vape indoors without complaints from the non-smokers I live with.

If you liked vaporizing concentrates, you'll like vaporizing herb.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: Vaporization vs. Combustion [Re: cannabispatient]
    #838406 - 08/07/19 05:04 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

When I started using cannabis as my daily medication I stopped smoking and bought a vaporizer to see if it was a viable option for me.

I first just bought a cheap Chinese vaporized for about $40. It worked but was a cheap P.O.S. so I bought an Extreme-Q and never looked back

I will never resort to burning my herbs again.

There are a couple of things that you need to understand about using a vaporizer before you buy one yourself. The herb needs to be fully decarbed and ground real fine prior to using it in the vape.

Weed straight from your bag won't work well in a vaporizer. Your hits will be thin, watery and weak because the vaporizer is trying to decard the weed and you are getting all the moisture that's still left in the herb.

I decarb mine in an oven set to 220f for about 15-20 minutes. You should be able to pinch the herb and it crumbles to dust. Far dryer than you want for a joint, but perfect for a vaporizer. I then run the herb thru a regular wire strainer to get the big sticks out, then rub it thru a fine-mesh grease strainer, this will get all the small sticks out. This will leave you with a super fine product that works well in a vaporizer.

--------------------
The Ego is a pathological condition
like a calcareous tumor or cyst
that begins growing in the personality
in the absence of hallucinogenic substances
-Terence McKenna-

Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
Re: Vaporization vs. Combustion [Re: niteowl]
    #838407 - 08/07/19 05:14 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks a lot you guys for your thoughtful responses!
Thanks to your input, now I am seriously considering vaporizing my herbs.
Thanks yoosername, that was one of the reasons I wanted to vape, because I live with two nonsmokers and it's pretty obvious when I have been smoking in my room as the next bedroom is just several feet away from mine.
Thanks niteowl, that seems like a lengthy and tedious process however to prepare your herb just so you can ingest it; which is why I like smoking because it's very easy and ready to use.
Do either one of you know if using an oil burner pipe would work well as a vaporizer for dry herb?
It works perfect for hashish and also shatter.
The pipe I am referring to is the one where you heat it from beneath with a micro torch flame, but do not let the flame touch the glass, then when you see vapor accumulate inside the pipe you inhale it.
Some people call them meth pipes.
I was wondering if that would work ok for vaping weed?
Thanks again guys.

--------------------
I am Jah Jesus Christ Snoop Doggy Dogg Burning Marijuana Tree Lord Shiva King Death Row Kambodia Allah Mahavishnu Masta Killa King Wu-Tang Gautauma Buddha Om Krishna.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: Vaporization vs. Combustion [Re: cannabispatient]
    #838414 - 08/09/19 12:34 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

It does take a bit longer to process, but you can do a whole bunch at once and be done with the process.

--------------------
The Ego is a pathological condition
like a calcareous tumor or cyst
that begins growing in the personality
in the absence of hallucinogenic substances
-Terence McKenna-

OfflineGROWPUPPET
Marijuana
Male

Re: Vaporization vs. Combustion [Re: niteowl]
    #838442 - 08/16/19 03:05 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

I vape my weed now because it saves on weed and im not wealthy. I can get higher off a quarter of the amout I would have to smoke if I combusted it.

I just use a 5$ meth pipe too.

Budget puppet should be my name :crankey:

PS I dont decarb my shit I just grind it fine and allow my weed to sit open to the air so it dries. If its not dry like I just got a fresh bag I it just takes a lil longer to get rolling. A decarb will make grinding and making fine easier for sure!

--------------------
I'M A CULTIVATION PUPPET LEARNING HOW TO GROW ENOUGH WEED TO SUPPORT MY AND ALL MY TRUE FRIENDS HABITS, SO WE NEVER HAVE TO BUY THE STUFF AGAIN AND CAN INVEST ALL THE MONEY WE'RE GOING TO SAVE INTO A WEED GROWING OPERATION ON THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON.

Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
Re: Vaporization vs. Combustion [Re: GROWPUPPET]
    #838529 - 08/20/19 01:32 PM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Hi GROWPUPPET, the oil burner/meth pipe that I will be getting doesn't have a nice wide hole on the top of the bulb like yours does; it has a tiny hole, which makes it seem to me that vaping weed from it would be impossible.
How would I get the weed in there in the first place?
The only thing I'll be able to vaporize out of my pipe will be shatter, because I can break it up into small enough bits then stuff it through the hole.
Should I get an oil pipe with a large opening on top of the bulb like yours?
Thanks again.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder