Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleFox
healer
Male

Loc: traveling
VripTech vaporizer and water tool review * 1
    #301610 - 10/21/09 10:49 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hey guys, just wanted to share my new toy and hopefully turn some more people on to the joys and wonders of vaporization.

I purchased the VripTech vaporization kit from the VripTech website, search google (not sure if I can post vendor links...).

The kit consists of a hefty Pelican case.  Inside is the vaporization heat wand, the PerK water tool, a GonG down stem with 16 diffuser jets, the lower bowl and upper chamber bowl.

This setup uses a complete glass vapor setup, (with the exception of a metal screen) which means you get the tastiest, most potent vapor possible!  No more tainted vapor from using whips or dry hits from a volcano. 

The wand has a ceramic heating element encapsulated in glass.  As air passes through a glass vortex around the heating element, air is heated and passed straight through the herb producing vapor.  The wand has adjustable heat settings as well.  The wand heats up, much faster in the glass stand, in just a couple minutes.  It is recommended though to allow 7 to 10 minutes to reach full operating temps. The wand plugs into a standard wall outlet, available plug options are American, European, or Australian :thumbup:

moving right along kids...

Now we have the PerK water tool.  It's a classic beaker type with a bent mouthpiece.  Kinda weird style with the bent tube but it's quite nice.  The PerK features a GonG down stem with 16 diffuser jets to more efficiently moisturize the vapor when passing through water. Then you have the Perk diffusion chamber (percolator) which further diffuses the vapor and creates the perfect amount of vacuum for taking monster vrips.  Also has an ice catch.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: VripTech vaporizer and water tool review [Re: Fox]
    #301618 - 10/21/09 11:13 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

you sure you dont sell these for a living :wink:

anyway that looks like the most awesome vape I have ever seen and I really really hope to see one in a headshop near me

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

Re: VripTech vaporizer and water tool review [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #301653 - 10/22/09 12:20 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

haha I wish I were selling these for a living, I'd probably be making much more than I currently am :crazy2:

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
    #301694 - 10/22/09 05:22 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

As long as you had the right bowl, could you theoretically use this with other bongs?

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Re: VripTech vaporizer and water tool review [Re: 81renaissance]
    #301715 - 10/22/09 08:31 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

totally, it looks like a standard 19mm joint

--------------------
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

OfflineKeith22
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #301720 - 10/22/09 08:52 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Pretty cool system. Its kinda different than most other vaporizers I have seen. Time to go see how much they are...

--------------------

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Re: VripTech vaporizer and water tool review [Re: Keith22]
    #301734 - 10/22/09 09:26 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I think he said he paid about $500 for all the stuff pictured but the vape itself was like 150 :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineKeith22
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #301736 - 10/22/09 09:28 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Holy shit really huh. I wasn't expecting it to be THAT much. WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY out of my price range haha.

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: VripTech vaporizer and water tool review [Re: Keith22]
    #301771 - 10/22/09 11:35 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

that thing is cool

--------------------

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Re: VripTech vaporizer and water tool review [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #301796 - 10/22/09 12:32 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I looked on their site and couldnt find your model

only heatgun style vape

--------------------

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

#301908 - 10/22/09 04:44 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Okay sorry for the late response I've been at work all day. 

Let's see here..

81renaissance:  yes all you need is the right size lower bowl and the upper chamber bowl and you're good to go.  I have a 14.4mm.  They should have any size you need.

Keith22: I paid $520 including shipping for the entire kit.  The wand alone is $170. 

*mods, sorry if I'm not allowed to post this, just edit if so..*  you can check out the prices here: http://www.vriptech.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=VR&Category_Code=VHW

The heat gun is far inferior than the wand and I've read many reports of metallic tasting vapor.

My opinion on this setup...
It's wonderful, absolutely wonderful for personal use or a small group session.  As you can see there are a lot of parts and it does take time to set everything up and get going, but you are greatly rewarded for this.  If you're a lazy stoner and want to just wake up and reach over to hit a bong that you prepared the night before, this setup isn't for you.  This is also not a good party piece.  Like I said it's an all glass setup so you have to be very careful. 

I would never take this kit to a party.  I get extremely nervous just letting a group of 3 or 4 people use it. 

If you are a medical marijuana patient, this is perfect.  I use this mainly to treat my asthma and it just works wonders.  The vrips are incredibly tasty if you have good medicinal herb.  You can also vape hash if you'd like :thumbup:

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

#302051 - 10/22/09 08:44 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Good post.
Thanks for the reply.
I'm still not sure I wouldn't rather spend three hondo on a full size vape, or one of the "purple days" that was mentioned in a different thread, but this is pretty cool looking I gotta admit.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

#302058 - 10/22/09 08:52 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hey fox, so I found the wand on their site its like $170

Then I found the 14mm GonG bowl, I think it was like $60

so $230 total ?

or is there anything else I need ?

Ill see if I can sell my vape to a buddy and pick one of these up :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

#302103 - 10/22/09 09:54 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
I'm still not sure I wouldn't rather spend three hondo on a full size vape, or one of the "purple days" that was mentioned in a different thread, but this is pretty cool looking I gotta admit.

It all really comes down to preference when shopping for vapes ya know.  This one is perfect for my needs, but someone else might hate it.  I've heard very good reports of purple days, nice quality product.

Check out www.fuckcombustion.com for more info on vriptech, purple days, and many other brands and vaporization in general.  If you keep checking around the forum periodically you can get wind of some good deals and be the first to try new releases.  Most of the top name vape brands are active members in the forum.

Do you have in mind what you want from a vape?  Like something on the cheaper side and maybe not the most efficient but gets the job done?  or an all glass setup?  or something portable?...  maybe I can help you find what's best for you.

Quote:

NobodyImportant said:
Hey fox, so I found the wand on their site its like $170

Then I found the 14mm GonG bowl, I think it was like $60

so $230 total ?

or is there anything else I need ?

Ill see if I can sell my vape to a buddy and pick one of these up :thumbup:

Find out what size stem your bong accepts.  If it's 14mm, you would need to get the "Vaporization Chamber Bowl Shorty w/14.4mm ground joint "GonG" lower bowl stem" which is $60. So yeah $230 for the wand, bowl and upper chamber adapter.

--------------------

Edited by Fox (10/22/09 09:57 PM)

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

#302119 - 10/22/09 10:14 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Fox: I'm looking for a high quality vape, no plastic, for very clean vapor.
Portable would be great if possible, but not a must.
I cannot spend Volcano type money.

In the $300 range, I'm interested in your setup, and in this one. so if you think yours is a clear winner then I want to know.

In the lower range ($200) I like the portability and look of the purple days, but I'm not familiar with the product, and I don't know what the quality is...:shrug: what are your thoughts?

Any other setups that you recommend in the 200-300 dollar range?

In your opinion is the VRip the highest quality in that range, or would you get another if given the chance?

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

#302123 - 10/22/09 10:17 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Id get it if I were you

if you dont like it Ill buy it off you (probably)

but honestly it looks awesome I dont see what someone wouldnt like about it

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
    #302125 - 10/22/09 10:19 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Dude sweet, lol the first thing I said to myself when looking at your pictures was like "I have a case like that for my 45mm camera". Those cases kick ass. They are basically everything proof. 100% waterproof.

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

#302155 - 10/22/09 10:34 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Obviously I am somewhat biased, but in my honest opinion this is THE best vape, not only in your price range, but topping all others on the market.

I've been researching and searching for the best vape for about a year now.  The first vape I used was a volcano and I was very unimpressed.  This is what started my research into vapes to find something better.

I say, if you have the money and want a high quality product, get it and you will be more than satisfied.  The higher the quality herb you use, the more efficient this thing works.  You get completely untainted vapor, which is moisturized and cooled... something that most vapes cannot do.  You won't get the weird taste from a whip, or the dry stale hits from bag vapes.  Heat up time is considerably less than most others.

If you smoke a lot, this *SHOULD* save you a lot of herb.  I guess it depends really.  I smoke a lot, but that's because I have a high tolerance.  If I vape an entire bowl from the vrip the you'll see me in the kitchen eating everything in sight and then hitting the sack for a couple hours.  But it's so smooth and tasty that you just want to keep vaping, so you might not save in herb.

I've never heard of the arizer.. it looks nifty.  I probably wouldn't buy it but that's just me.  People that smoke/vape with me call me a pot snob.  Not in a bad way, I just like high quality herb and high quality pieces because it just makes the experience that much better.  If you're like me, you won't be disappointed with the vrip.  If you plan on partying with it and vaping big groups, I would get something more durable and portable.

...this is where the purple days come's in.  It's small, wood and not glass, and I've heard good reviews.  Check it out at fuckcombustion, they seem to like it over there.  From people I've talked to and read about who have or have tried the vriptech, they prefer it over others in terms of quality and quality of vapor.

I wish I could let you try mine, I think that would make your mind up in a hurry :vaped:

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

#302167 - 10/22/09 10:38 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I'm on my way now.
I used to live in Wichita Falls, so I know my way around N. Texas.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

#302178 - 10/22/09 10:50 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Woo! :bigjoint:

here's some reading you can do on a couple other good vapes in your price range.  I haven't used either one but a lot of people like them.

the ssv: http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=1169

purple days: http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=48&p=1

--------------------

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

#302180 - 10/22/09 10:54 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Oh and one more thing...

If you look at my pictures, you'll notice the bong, diffuser stem and lower bowl have an orange glow.  You might think this is dirty resin but you would be wrong.  This is just collected thc vapor, essentially pure oil.  You could let it build up, scrape it or iso-wash, and you got some tasty oil to enjoy!

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

#302188 - 10/22/09 11:04 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I do believe I might get a purple days for road trips and follow it up with a VRip for home use!
Fox: My wife thanks you for spending all our grocery money.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#302189 - 10/22/09 11:05 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

ahaha tell that trick to shut her mouth. :sip:

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Re: VripTech vaporizer and water tool review [Re: Triptonic]
    #302195 - 10/22/09 11:10 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:lol:
That's even funnier because she's a crazy ass cuban woman.
Saying that to her would pretty much guarantee that I would never post on the Growery again, as my fingers would all be broken.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#302207 - 10/22/09 11:20 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:sip:

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

#302208 - 10/22/09 11:20 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I was thinking of getting a purple days for the car as well.

I have a van though, and a dual battery circuit, so I can use the vrip on the road too :thumbup:

haha I hope your wife likes it!  It's expensive, but in my opinion it's worth it.  You'll have a blast using it and you'll experience a new kind of high.  Not like totally mind blowing new, but it's a much cleaner high.  Half of the high you're getting from smoking is from toxic chemicals that causes lethargy.  If you take away those toxins and inhale only vapor, you get a much more pure high, longer lasting, tastier, and more potent because you're not destroying the cannabinoids with fire... you get my drift.  it pays for itself within a couple uses.

and hopefully you'll have enough left over for food :crazy2:

--------------------

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

#302260 - 10/23/09 12:18 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I like the look of that purple days vape

and it comes with a car adapter :rockon:

--------------------

OfflineJake.Wizard27
Trance-Former

Loc: Vermont, USA
    #721515 - 03/15/14 02:57 AM (10 years, 6 days ago)

Way Cool! I hope your selling these.. I want three!

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: VripTech vaporizer and water tool review [Re: Jake.Wizard27]
    #721518 - 03/15/14 03:23 AM (10 years, 6 days ago)

FOX - Last seen: 1 year, 3 months

Also this is a 4 year old thread.

I miss Fox though, I wonder what he's been up to!

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder