Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLorax anthrax
Stranger with a wang-gerrr

How is legal weed a thing when illegal is way cheaper? (Cheap east coast bud???) * 1
    #837355 - 04/27/19 11:21 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

140-160 for an oz an 25 an 8th from some people an it be from a legal state but an 8th cost 46 an oz over 250 to 350.

How does legal weed even work?! Who is buying this shit?!

I was wanting to visit dc to save some money on a good sized bag but theres no point when the weed is the same but way higher prices plus the couple hundred in gas.

Were do i go on the east coast since plane tickets to the west coast are expensive again?

--------------------
I am the Lorax, i speak for the trees for they have no voice of their own...

Roundup gives you cancer!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: How is legal weed a thing when illegal is way cheaper? (Cheap east coast bud???) [Re: Lorax anthrax]
    #837357 - 04/27/19 11:58 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Lorax anthrax said:
140-160 for an oz an 25 an 8th from some people an it be from a legal state but an 8th cost 46 an oz over 250 to 350.

How does legal weed even work?! Who is buying this shit?!

I was wanting to visit dc to save some money on a good sized bag but theres no point when the weed is the same but way higher prices plus the couple hundred in gas.

Were do i go on the east coast since plane tickets to the west coast are expensive again?

It really depends what State or Province you live in.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/pot-prices-by-province-which-canadians-pay-the-most-for-cannabis-1.4374328

Quote:

While the price appears to be up everywhere, B.C. saw less of an increase than other provinces with respondents reporting they now pay 3.7 per cent more.

Pre-legalization, cannabis users reported spending about $6.89 a gram, but once the new rules came into effect, the average price of those reported was $7.15.

Hey if you trust your dealer and his supplier go for it. Personally I don't trust drug dealers or their suppliers but hey that's just me right?

BTW if you want the best price for the highest quality cannabis Grow your own! :ganja:

OfflineLorax anthrax

Re: How is legal weed a thing when illegal is way cheaper? (Cheap east coast bud???) [Re: Rider420]
    #837358 - 04/27/19 01:10 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I read that cause of state lines.

I wish i had a dude but its so shifty the supply can never be steady enough an everyone has it somehow from random sources.

I havent gotten from the same dude in row in forever, like et least 6 months.

The weed usually comes from legal states tho or is some shitty harsh homegrown but more often legal.

I am growing my own but i smoke alot of bud, like a shit ton an its gonna take foooreeeever for my plants to be done, i probably wont make my mark for a years supply so ill need to subsidize my smoke for the next year.
Ill still always buy new an unique bud if i come across it tho or if i wanna try before i grow.

--------------------

InvisibleChakanooga
Always Lmao
Male

Loc: Wonderland
Re: How is legal weed a thing when illegal is way cheaper? (Cheap east coast bud???) [Re: Lorax anthrax]
    #837365 - 04/27/19 06:33 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Legal weed has higher thc count, plus the vast variety to choose from. Its super taxed for your convenience to smoke any strain they got right out the dispenser.

OfflineLorax anthrax

Re: How is legal weed a thing when illegal is way cheaper? (Cheap east coast bud???) [Re: Chakanooga]
    #837366 - 04/27/19 07:09 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I call bs cause its the same thing! That despensary smoke is what dudes are slinging in a poe dunk cow towns like this.

Theres no way in hell theres that many illegal growers out there to supply the rest of the country.

The despensary seems great for your average joe that has no idea about pot what so ever or the old lady with caderacs but to "normal" people ive told legal east coast prices to jaw's dropped an asked me why would anyone go there for bud.
I have no clue cause your most likely gonna have to drop a couple hundred on travel just in gas if u sleep in your car.

--------------------

Offlineremix
grammer natze

#837411 - 05/02/19 03:10 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Technically it still isn't "legal" since it's federally banned in the US. Thus, states where it is legal are still operating with a grey market handicap of sorts.

Just a few examples as to how this relates to costs:

• A) The market isn't very competitive relative to a situation where it isn't federally banned.

• B) The feds, DEA... ect can still shut down your business so there's still a high risk involved.

• C) People still can't really grow their own stuff as easily compared to if it were federally legal.

• D) Businesses don't have the ability to expand very much since there are currently a ton of restrictions. One of which is that their businesses can't operate across state/county/city...ect... lines without violating numerous laws.

Really, though, who cares if it costs more because it's legal? The whole point is to stop sending people to jail for something that shouldn't be a crime. I'd happily pay more money with taxes or whatever if that's the case.

--------------------

OfflineLorax anthrax

Re: How is legal weed a thing when illegal is way cheaper? (Cheap east coast bud???) [Re: remix]
    #837414 - 05/02/19 12:36 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Dude some people use bud as medicine, i see it as exstortion for something your gonna set on fire an turn to ash.

To me pot isnt even a crime, cops dont seem to care much anymore now that im not a teenager like i havent been harrassed in ages for it. Hell maybe they realized fent an meth are the real problems.

I cant even tell u of one person ik that got locked up for bud, ik a guy that got a ticket for a bowl.

One guy ik that got caught with 2gs only got it confiscated an the cops said "its about to be legal anyways".
5 years ago they would have treated u like a crackhead.

Sun is free, water is free, dirt is free so why should the same bud cost more?

Ive never had no danger over bud just assholes either short ya or try to pass miggie off an forgive but thats only really when u get it from black people or wiggers.

Like ik all those rules but come on, like come on now, really?

I guess so in winter when u have to pay for lighting but na for the rest, ill go into a dispensery but only to browse so i can ask the ol dudes if they can get such an such.

--------------------

OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: How is legal weed a thing when illegal is way cheaper? (Cheap east coast bud???) [Re: Lorax anthrax] * 1
    #837416 - 05/02/19 01:19 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Ask yourself this who should get the profits from cannabis? Criminals or the community in the form of taxes? Should criminals get rich or should the profits be used to lessen your taxes?

As for growing your own in winter well $90.00 bucks is what I pay per grow for electricity for at least a pound of weed or two depending on the strain. All in seeds, nutes, substrate and equipment its about $200 per grow. So 500 grams to one kilo at $200 per grow works out to .40 cents per gram to .20 cents a gram. FYI I only grow twice a year and still give away more then i smoke and i smoke a lot. Oh and in BC Canada its 100% legal both Federal and Provincial for four plants, or more if you have a medical licence. BTW my grows can be found in here the grow journal section.

Offlineremix
grammer natze

#837417 - 05/02/19 03:38 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

If it's such a big deal grow it yourself.

--------------------

OfflineTexas Honey Badger
No Fucks Given
I'm a teapot

Loc: Spicemaster, Texas Flag
Re: How is legal weed a thing when illegal is way cheaper? (Cheap east coast bud???) [Re: remix] * 1
    #837418 - 05/02/19 04:08 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Texas would become the 25th state in the U.S. to remove the threat of being jailed as a punishment for possessing small amounts of marijuana under a bill approved by the state House of Representatives on Monday.

Rep. Joseph Moody (D), the chief sponsor, amended the bill on the floor in order to win more support from colleagues. An earlier version included a lower fine—$250—and would have treated low-level possession as a civil infraction instead of a class C misdemeanor as is the case under the revised proposal.

But its broad effects remain the same: No arrest or incarceration for people caught with small amounts of marijuana.

This is a big deal here in Texas:cheer:
Maybe i can legally grow a few plants before i pass away:derfase:

--------------------

I eat Cobras and Hair Pie

OfflineLorax anthrax

Re: How is legal weed a thing when illegal is way cheaper? (Cheap east coast bud???) [Re: Rider420] * 1
    #837431 - 05/03/19 12:52 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Its not a crime, pot is not a crime.
Orginized crime doesnt mess with weed much, they know they can make waaaaay more money in real dope way faster.

Lets not pretend that some of that tax money isnt a bribe to politicians that sneak out some for their weird sex acts an cocaine or just to feed their greed.
Hell haft the gas tax disappears!

Fuck the gov, fuck big companies pot belongs to the people an the money from it.

I am but its gonna take another year to build my seed stock an pollen so i need to sub from a legal grower cause despensarys seem to be so far out of the question its sad. Id be an idiot an lazy not to try.
Then probably another year to build up my pot stock.

I just dont know how they sleep ripping off sick people.

--------------------

Edited by Lorax anthrax (05/03/19 12:54 AM)

OfflineLorax anthrax

Re: How is legal weed a thing when illegal is way cheaper? (Cheap east coast bud???) [Re: Rider420]
    #837432 - 05/03/19 01:21 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I cant see your journal:sad:

--------------------

OfflineOceanshore
Stranger

#837446 - 05/03/19 04:47 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

ppl being critical of me, why dont u go bother someone else who actully cares?

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: How is legal weed a thing when illegal is way cheaper? (Cheap east coast bud???) [Re: Oceanshore]
    #837456 - 05/04/19 05:59 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Why do you care so much?

--------------------
Learning to love life by living through loss and mistakes
Lessons learned then gradually surfacing, Letting go, stripping naked to scream
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
I'm a retarded, disfigured clown
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
I'm an equal being of no race, or color, a hallucination if you will
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

OfflineLorax anthrax

Re: How is legal weed a thing when illegal is way cheaper? (Cheap east coast bud???) [Re: Oceanshore] * 1
    #837460 - 05/04/19 11:10 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Who are you?

I care so much cause even spending 140 on an oz is a rip off, more than 100 is a rip off!
Your going to set it on fire!!! It turns to ashhhhh.
Then theres the poor an sick, exstortion of the sick an poor is a straight shot to hell.

Theres a place on the west coast ik of but didnt have the money to stock up at the time an now the plane tickets have gone up.
They have oz of shake for 40$! Id get 10 or more of those!:heart:

--------------------

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

#837463 - 05/04/19 11:46 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

:braindamage:

--------------------
Learning to love life by living through loss and mistakes
Lessons learned then gradually surfacing, Letting go, stripping naked to scream
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
I'm a retarded, disfigured clown
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
I'm an equal being of no race, or color, a hallucination if you will
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

OfflineLorax anthrax

Re: How is legal weed a thing when illegal is way cheaper? (Cheap east coast bud???) [Re: poor boy]
    #837464 - 05/04/19 12:09 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

You must be in the legal industry. Then u know first hand how big of a rip off it is.

--------------------

OfflineOceanshore
Stranger

Re: How is legal weed a thing when illegal is way cheaper? (Cheap east coast bud???) [Re: poor boy]
    #837466 - 05/04/19 05:54 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

poor boy said:
Why do you care so much?

i'm paranoid of being looked at, unfortunately it triggers my anger alot, even random sounds i hear from the neighbors, thats what i get for being alone so long attention trips me up

Offlinestaytrippy420
Stranger

Loc: Van isle Flag
Re: How is legal weed a thing when illegal is way cheaper? (Cheap east coast bud???) [Re: Oceanshore]
    #837515 - 05/06/19 08:25 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

id rather support local farmers then government licensed grow companies...
All those big companies double dip by selling to dispensaries and pushing the rest out the back door because regulations say they can only sell so much "legally"

Before legalization, when the dispensaries first opened we used to sell to the shop by the pound and they would low ball us then turn around and sell it for double in the shop.
They would always have a stash house close by incase the shop got raided they wouldn't loose all their product.

Im happy people won't be charged with petty weed charges any more but I have a hard time getting on board with this regulated, taxed, legalization thing.
I pay enough taxes, im not paying tax on my weed too. :shrug:

OfflineLorax anthrax

Re: How is legal weed a thing when illegal is way cheaper? (Cheap east coast bud???) [Re: staytrippy420]
    #837518 - 05/07/19 12:12 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Exactly i know theyre getting it for cheap an rip the people off like a pawn shop.

Like when someone trys to sell me a cart for 40 when an oz of shatter is 250.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals