Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIcetech
Stranger
Male

Loc: Detroit
Herer and Durban poison under low power LED's..
    #836981 - 04/08/19 06:42 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Indoor grow
250w Quantum board 301b LED's.. (i should have spent more and gotten the 300watt boards as they are 1 panel wider and would have filled the space more)
Seeds from new420guysseeds His webpage is shit but his prices are amazing and he was fast and free seeds also:)
Jack herer and a durban poison in soil, next grow will be coco though..
Just switched from FF nutrients to jack's 321 starting this morning.. will see how it goes..

Herer on the left, durban on the right, the durban was a joy to grow, never a discoloration of any type.. new growth every day.. just a happy plant..
The Herer has been a bitch.. never stretched (i had them at 105k lumens which was way too much..) it grew like a bush with a leaf every 1/2 inch down the branches.. It just now started to stretch at like day 75.. and i am going to floweing later this week.. so wtf.. I took 4 clones of the durban, none of the herer cause. meh :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: Herer and Durban poison under low power LED's.. [Re: Icetech]
    #836986 - 04/08/19 11:13 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

That is a very healthy looking plants how tall are they? Cannabis does not stretch until flowering here is a good link to find out how tall your plants will get. Those sativa are going to at least double if not triple in height unless you are topping and training.

Quote:

When cannabis plants start to mature, they also go through a brief transitional period; a sort of cannabis-puberty if you will. And just as humans undergo a burst of rapid growth, cannabis plants will also create a large portion of their final height in a very short period of time. This explosion of vertical grow this commonly called the cannabis ‘Flowering Stretch’.

What is the Flowering Stretch?
The best way to give you an idea is with pictures. Here’s a cool animated .gif Nebula made showing the flowering stretch in action.

https://www.growweedeasy.com/flowering-stretch

Quote:

What to Expect
A seedling stretching its heart out!Depending on the strain you’re growing, you can expect a pretty wide range of stretching. Some strains can double their height or more, while some do almost nothing. However, if you know the name of the strain you’re growing, you can look up the breeder recommendations to get a good idea of what might happen. Additionally, there are other factors that can give you insight:

Sativas – Sativas tend to grow taller, lanky stems even when trained; inch-for-inch they tend to stretch much more than indicas.
Strain height – Many breeders and seedbanks have the average height of their strains listed. Sometimes it’s as vague as “short – medium – tall”, but even that is enough to give you an idea of its growth characteristics. Expect "tall" strains to stretch!
Light type – Certain light types are more conducive to stretching than others. You can use the right light color spectrum to help control growth characteristics. More on that later…
Light distance – Plants also stretch when they're trying to get more light (like this plant to the right). As a result of this type of stretching, plants grow taller, but with fewer bud sites. Note that this is not the same thing as the flowering stretch, rather it's a symptom of too-little light. Most growers want to avoid stretching caused by not enough light as fewer bud sites means less bud.
One of the main reasons it’s so important to know about stretching is that it can rapidly reduce the amount of space you have in your grow tent/area. If you’re growing in a space with limited height, a good stretch can make it so you no longer have room to raise your lights. This leads to light/heat stress and lost buds.

I personally had a stretch where there was no longer any room to raise the lights. I used a CFL/LED combination at the time, and the LEDs absolutely cooked the buds underneath it until I got desperate and cut the stuff that was too close. I would handle that situation differently now, but it shows that no one is immune if they’re unaware.

:goodluck::ganja:

OfflineIcetech
Stranger
Male

Re: Herer and Durban poison under low power LED's.. [Re: Rider420]
    #836987 - 04/08/19 11:15 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Rider420 said:
That is a very healthy looking plants how tall are they? Cannabis does not stretch until flowering here is a good link to find out how tall your plants will get. Those sativa are going to at least double if not triple in height unless you are topping and training.

Quote:

When cannabis plants start to mature, they also go through a brief transitional period; a sort of cannabis-puberty if you will. And just as humans undergo a burst of rapid growth, cannabis plants will also create a large portion of their final height in a very short period of time. This explosion of vertical grow this commonly called the cannabis ‘Flowering Stretch’.

What is the Flowering Stretch?
The best way to give you an idea is with pictures. Here’s a cool animated .gif Nebula made showing the flowering stretch in action.

https://www.growweedeasy.com/flowering-stretch

Quote:

What to Expect
A seedling stretching its heart out!Depending on the strain you’re growing, you can expect a pretty wide range of stretching. Some strains can double their height or more, while some do almost nothing. However, if you know the name of the strain you’re growing, you can look up the breeder recommendations to get a good idea of what might happen. Additionally, there are other factors that can give you insight:

Sativas – Sativas tend to grow taller, lanky stems even when trained; inch-for-inch they tend to stretch much more than indicas.
Strain height – Many breeders and seedbanks have the average height of their strains listed. Sometimes it’s as vague as “short – medium – tall”, but even that is enough to give you an idea of its growth characteristics. Expect "tall" strains to stretch!
Light type – Certain light types are more conducive to stretching than others. You can use the right light color spectrum to help control growth characteristics. More on that later…
Light distance – Plants also stretch when they're trying to get more light (like this plant to the right). As a result of this type of stretching, plants grow taller, but with fewer bud sites. Note that this is not the same thing as the flowering stretch, rather it's a symptom of too-little light. Most growers want to avoid stretching caused by not enough light as fewer bud sites means less bud.
One of the main reasons it’s so important to know about stretching is that it can rapidly reduce the amount of space you have in your grow tent/area. If you’re growing in a space with limited height, a good stretch can make it so you no longer have room to raise your lights. This leads to light/heat stress and lost buds.

I personally had a stretch where there was no longer any room to raise the lights. I used a CFL/LED combination at the time, and the LEDs absolutely cooked the buds underneath it until I got desperate and cut the stuff that was too close. I would handle that situation differently now, but it shows that no one is immune if they’re unaware.

:goodluck::ganja:

Thanks, i LST'd the crap out of them.. the durban grew at a night pace.. the herer never really took off but is healthy and has good new growth lately.. they are maybe 16" tall over the pot, i need to measure them. The durban has at least 20 tops going though, really happy with how it grew, i just hope it's a solid strain cause i wouldn't mind growing more of it :smile:

P.S. i think the shortness might be cause i had my lights very close (i actually was seeing how close i could get without dmg, which ended up like 6" and 105k lumens.. i recently moved them up to like 12")

OfflineIcetech
Stranger
Male

#837034 - 04/10/19 07:34 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Switched to flowering last night (forgot to measure height.. cause drugs..) Will see how it goes..

OfflineIcetech
Stranger
Male

#837054 - 04/11/19 07:25 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Clones in second tent are going yellow as i'm told they should.. i need to check them for roots and hopefully i can transplant them into coco soon:) made 4 clones.. hoping 2 are good enough..

OfflineIcetech
Stranger
Male

#837096 - 04/12/19 06:14 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

K. so it has always bugged me that my QB setup was too narrow and wouldn't cover the outer edges of the tent very well... so last night i took it apart and cut the heatsink in half so now i can center the lights and raise/lower for each plant :smile:

And woke up this morning to a ton of new growth.. even the herer looks hapy as hell and has sooo many tops it's crazy...

OfflineIcetech
Stranger
Male

#837201 - 04/19/19 08:29 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

About 8 days into flower... going ok... looks like only 1 of my clones made it.. will probably trash it and start from seeds, maybe try some autos..

OfflineIcetech
Stranger
Male

#837311 - 04/23/19 08:04 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Still goin... slowly... Weed takes forever! :smile: Have the second tent setup with 1 clone of the durban and had to start a seed of white widow.. so that will be bout 2 weeks behind :frown:

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
    #837477 - 05/05/19 02:19 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Yea I think Herer is usually a 100-200% stretch, while Durban is less than 100%.

Those are some nice lookin' plants, you're gonna be soaring with those pure sativas. :bobmarley:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies