Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWhiskey
Stranger

Be gentle, it's my first time. (New gardener asking questions)
    #835054 - 12/09/18 02:48 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Hello all and thank you for putting up with me. Hopefully this post is in the right area.

I'm new to the board and the hobby, ive read the cannabis growing guide and soon I'll tackle that noob guide when im up for more reading.
Q:
-what do you know/do now that you wish you knew in the beginning?

-I'm sure it's plant dependant but, I keep reading about adding nutrients to the soil, how much of which nutrients do you add to the soil and how do you know how much?

-Is it better to grow in my half molded dusty AF basement with plenty of space or my 2x3ft closet?

-How much does a single SOG plant usually yield? Im thinking of doing that while my long term plants are growing on the back burner.

-is there anything you do differently from most growers?

Ill think up more questions in time im sure. Until then-

Thank you for your time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: Be gentle, it's my first time. (New gardener asking questions) [Re: Whiskey]
    #835058 - 12/10/18 10:21 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

https://www.google.ca/search?q=how+to+grow+cannabis+book&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiImp3l4JXfAhX5IDQIHVO7CJoQsxgIKw&biw=1067&bih=505

I wish these books were around when I started growing without question they are the best place to start from. But nothing beats experience even a house plants will give you a lot of insight into growing cannabis.

There are literally hundreds of methods to growing cannabis from simply dropping a seed into the ground and hoping mother nature will take over to the most advanced aeroponics.

OfflineWhiskey
Stranger

Re: Be gentle, it's my first time. (New gardener asking questions) [Re: Rider420]
    #835075 - 12/12/18 05:08 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Im aiming to make it worthwhile.

I cant get optimized results in one go but the closer I aim for it the faster I'll produce something to be proud of.

Ill take a gander at that though, thank you.

Offlinemycomaster_420
God amongst men
Male User Gallery

Re: Be gentle, it's my first time. (New gardener asking questions) [Re: Whiskey]
    #835076 - 12/12/18 06:49 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah Cannabis Bible or something similar like Rider said is the only way to go (easily downloadable with a little searching). Most important is observe what the plants need, they will show you everything you need to see. Basic SOG, personally when I first started, I was at least trying to shoot for 4OHs per lady, but there are MANY factors that can greatly increase as well as decrease yields, but you'll learn more about that when you read on.

Good luck, bud

Cheers, Myco

--------------------
Everything I post is in fact entirely fictional

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #835079 - 12/12/18 09:30 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineWhiskey
Stranger

Re: Be gentle, it's my first time. (New gardener asking questions) [Re: Stoneth]
    #835081 - 12/13/18 08:21 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Stoneth said:
https://overgrow.com/growfaq
Great resource

No kidding, saved it. Seems to cover a lot of ground pretty directly.

OfflineWhiskey
Stranger

#835123 - 12/16/18 09:53 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Well I've done more research since posting this 3 days ago.
Didnt see mycos post originally either (sorry)
4(ish) per head? Thats about 4x what I expected.

Now that I know the basics I gotta hunt down seeds/clones, set up my grow space, and soon enough I'll be the proud father of some sweet green babies.

I'm wondering if combining my brewing space and my grow space is smart.
The alcohol yeast lets off CO2 as a natural byproduct which aughta be good for the plants. Right?

OfflineRaRaRasputin
A cat that really was gone!
Other

Loc: St. Petersburg or Siberia
    #835125 - 12/16/18 11:05 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Until a yeast contamination in your soil/plant goes funky. 

I keep my mashing room in a different building from mine so I can't say.  The world of mycology has been affected by it hard.  If I don't take good showers between handling mycology shit and mash barrels I'll have a massive yeast outbreak in my GR and all over agar plates.

But again I don't know how plants view that kind of bacteria.

OfflineWhiskey
Stranger

Re: Be gentle, it's my first time. (New gardener asking questions) [Re: RaRaRasputin]
    #835129 - 12/16/18 01:34 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Well, yeast feeds on starches n sugar.
Hadn't considered it going airborne but it "could" be a problem. I just doubt it unless im pouring my bevvies directly on the plant. I cant imagine yeast latching on to anything in the soil for the life of me though.

Whereas agar should have honey in it, or something similar.
Have you had yeast attack your mycelial work area Rasputin?

OfflineRider420
Stranger

#835132 - 12/16/18 03:37 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

I've had issues with brewing in my grow room. Yeast in the res floating and bloating had to wash out the res, pump and piping with hydrogen peroxide to stop it from coming back again.

OfflineIcetech
Stranger
Male

Loc: Detroit
Re: Be gentle, it's my first time. (New gardener asking questions) [Re: Rider420]
    #835139 - 12/17/18 11:09 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

No real question.. just joined up and wanted to say hello :smile: Since it's legal where i live now, wanna start up a few plants :smile:

OfflineWhiskey
Stranger

Re: Be gentle, it's my first time. (New gardener asking questions) [Re: Icetech]
    #835204 - 12/22/18 09:58 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Welcome icetech then.

Ive got some seeds en route.

Gotta craft a growbox and seal off my grow area. Moldy basement wont do any good.

I was thinking PVC, plastic wrap, and whatever else it takes to make an adjustable light system.
For my passive air intake do you think a stnthetic filter disc would work? Or should I just go buy a hepa filter?
Think 5x5x5ft would fit a 12-24 plant SIG or ScrOG

OfflineRider420
Stranger

#835226 - 12/22/18 10:39 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Hepa filter should work fine but you might want to get a stand alone dehumidifier, heater air conditioner HEPA unit. Total environmental control in one unit. Its best to put it outside your grow tent.

OfflineWhiskey
Stranger

#835233 - 12/23/18 07:37 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Lmao. For now I'll go with the standard filter.
I rent and my basement is not worthy of that trifecta sounding ass device.
There's a support beam or something down there thats mostly squishy black.
Michigan basements*

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom