Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJml417
Stranger
Led light question
    #824726 - 03/14/17 11:28 PM (7 years, 15 days ago)

Well I am ordering LED lights gonna start growing, in videos I see people having lights on? They will have the bloom spectrum on, and at times have just the white light? Are they just doing this so you can see there buds and not under the other spectrum? And how would I operate would I have full spectrum, both settings turned on during bloom, or only veg lights during veg, and bloom light during bloom?  All help will be greatly appriciated and there will be future information from myself as I continue on with the hobby thank all!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Led light question [Re: Jml417]
    #824727 - 03/14/17 11:37 PM (7 years, 15 days ago)

Depends on how much light you have, but the white is for veg and you use both for flower. Sometimes you need to run both in veg. You need more light in flower to support building buds. The more the better for the most part.

Which lights are you ordering? Its important you don't get the wrong one's. The market is very sketchy right now.

Check out the links in my signature for my former setup.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineJml417
Stranger
Re: Led light question [Re: phychotron] * 1
    #824728 - 03/14/17 11:40 PM (7 years, 15 days ago)

1200w advance platinum leds?

OfflineJml417
Stranger
    #824729 - 03/14/17 11:46 PM (7 years, 15 days ago)

Phycotron stay with me brotha is greatly appriciate the help, for my first cultivator with guidance I greatly appriciate the silly questions I ask!!! But I promise you be proud!!!!

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #824730 - 03/14/17 11:59 PM (7 years, 15 days ago)

This one?

Bad move. First its a knock off of Advanced LED, which might not be bad in its own but its way to jam packed with diodes. The canopy distance won't be right. The thing will probably bleach too much so you'll need to raise it up real high, but it won't have the area coverage. You'd be better off with 2 fixtures side by side with half the wattage so you can spread the light out a bit more.

What size area are you trying to grow in?

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineJml417
Stranger
Re: Led light question [Re: phychotron]
    #824731 - 03/15/17 12:06 AM (7 years, 15 days ago)

Yes that's the one , 15 x 20 room idk what she's gonna do with the room right now I'm still trying to plot all, what do you mean it's a knock off?

OfflineJml417
Stranger
    #824733 - 03/15/17 12:07 AM (7 years, 15 days ago)

I've read great reviews about it from several, and bleaching? I'm taking in everything you tell me
I'm just here asking questions brother just so I know more is all, I've read and saw that 18 inches it could be okay?

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #824734 - 03/15/17 12:13 AM (7 years, 15 days ago)

There was a lot of generics out there using that design. It all comes down to having a company in the US handle the warranty and quality control from the factory.

Bleaching the buds white cause the light is too bright. The video they posted shows readings way too high. Its too much of a spot light. Spacing fixtures out and hanging them at the right height is crucial. The area coverage they give is only good for when you have a bunch of them and they overlap.

--------------------

OfflineJml417
Stranger
    #824735 - 03/15/17 12:20 AM (7 years, 15 days ago)

Well Imight just do as you say and load the room up, but if I have to make them higher from the plants, or  I could get different lights, as the spydr lights... or would it not benefit to get them all in there at higher heights,  further away has less micomoles... More= better or am I wrong?

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #824736 - 03/15/17 12:20 AM (7 years, 15 days ago)

https://platinumgrowlights.com/products/p600

that's essentially the same thing that I use. The area coverage they list is more like 4x2 not 5x2. 4x2.5 if you have multiple fixtures.

Compare how they combine the fixtures to make the 1200 and then just double the area coverage but the light is not much wider to compensate. the 90degree lens only goes out so far to the side and the lights just don't have the intensity at the edges like two smaller fixtures would.

--------------------

OfflineJml417
Stranger
    #824737 - 03/15/17 12:22 AM (7 years, 15 days ago)

You think it would be more efficient that way hm?

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #824738 - 03/15/17 12:31 AM (7 years, 15 days ago)

The premise behind LED growing is that you spread the diodes out as much as possible over the plants to evenly distribute the light.

Having a bunch of small fixtures tends to be a pain in the ass, for airflow, hanging, power cords, etc. So sizing up the fixtures that will work for you is important.

Remember you can only hang your lights so high, so when they buds are too tall and you can't go any further up with the lights your buds will suffer. Something with a dimming function on it can be nice too.

--------------------

OfflineJml417
Stranger
    #824739 - 03/15/17 12:38 AM (7 years, 15 days ago)

I will be on tomorrow to tell you my setup I'm planning and ask ya if you think it is up to par

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #824741 - 03/15/17 01:08 AM (7 years, 15 days ago)

The spydr looks like a really good fixture. Its one of the few fixtures I'd buy if I wasn't building them now.

--------------------

OfflineJml417
Stranger
    #824742 - 03/15/17 01:22 AM (7 years, 15 days ago)

Checked that video out too, you think that would be more worth it than getting the 600s? Fr some reason I'm just skeptical about those bigo things... Hmm

OfflineJml417
Stranger
    #824743 - 03/15/17 01:26 AM (7 years, 15 days ago)

https://fluence.science/store/spydr-series/spydrx-plus/
Now what idont understand the size of the LEDs... These are 600s?

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#824753 - 03/15/17 08:26 AM (7 years, 14 days ago)

Alot of good info in this thread !  I really wanted to try LED's too but like phychotron there are alot of cheap stuff or knock offs .
My question is, Im looking for a cheap good Led for my grow! My flowering tent is 96x78x48  Any suggestions Phychotron?

Edited by budgrowerwannabe (03/15/17 08:27 AM)

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #824760 - 03/15/17 10:13 AM (7 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Jml417 said:
https://fluence.science/store/spydr-series/spydrx-plus/
Now what idont understand the size of the LEDs... These are 600s?

The p600 is named for marketing. The company is more into hype than science. Like when they give you a single point PAR reading directly under the brightest part of the light but no readings anywhere else and then claiming to have the highest PAR value in the industry. That's BULLSHIT --see the video on their product page.

"3-watt" diodes multiplied by diode count do not equal the power draw. Those 200 3-watt diodes you'd expect to use 600 watts, like they're claiming but if you look its 345 watts. That makes their diodes really much less than 2watts each, which is around where they need to be. They use deception to sell you product.

The Spydr lists the true power draw (660w), which is much more appropriate. I've never used the spydr but they appear to have a really good design. The spread of the diodes alone says they're more concerned with the results of the light instead of just reselling you some Chinese fixture that suits the market trend.  Spydr was designed for professional applications, whereas the Platinum lights are more home consumer grade.

The spydr is probably much more efficient at putting out the light too, so that its not generating extra heat and should extend the life of the diodes. Just because two P600's use more power doesn't mean they will produce more light.

--------------------

OfflineJml417
Stranger
    #824766 - 03/15/17 01:28 PM (7 years, 14 days ago)

I understand what your saying pychotron and I'm grateful for You dude you probably saved my ass here,now I'm looking into the spydr series, what's the difference between the Spydr+ band normal spydr? I'm trying to understand the frequencys  but it's so difficult at the moment, as I see the normal spydr appears to have full spectrum and spydr+ has just the ... White light spectrum?  The plus says it's better but just why is this?
I'm room is 10x10 room I guess I thought it was larger but I guess not.
And what is this about co2 it says ?

https://fluence.science/technology/spydr/

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #824781 - 03/15/17 06:10 PM (7 years, 14 days ago)

The spydr looks like its a veg light and the spydr+ a flower light.  Looks like they've changed a few things recently. I'd email them if your serious about getting some. I haven't really done much LED research recently since I don't really need more lights and have been looking at building them more than buying a factory built fixture.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck