Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineGator00
Stranger
help with experiment
    #820091 - 10/10/16 07:54 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Okay so ive wondered to myself which of the two smoking methods is more effective?

A. Take a draw then inhale and keep repeating until you cough or are at lung capacity  or

B. Take one draw then inhale and wait for your next hit.

Because when i think about it you only have so much surface area in your lungs so when taking in all that extra smoke is it being used or just wasted?

Please do you own experimenting and post your results below.
(you can get stoned in the name of science)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Re: help with experiment [Re: Gator00]
    #820092 - 10/10/16 07:59 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Lol.

Just take a fat rip,hold it in for as least 5 seconds, Then exhale.

Invisibledrawde
Re: help with experiment [Re: Deadkndys420] * 2
    #820093 - 10/10/16 08:10 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

:underage:

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

OfflineMof
Male

Re: help with experiment [Re: drawde]
    #820126 - 10/11/16 01:45 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

eating it is more effective

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: help with experiment [Re: Gator00]
    #820130 - 10/11/16 06:05 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

I don't understand the question. I just smoke until it's cached and rip through and exhale. I don't gotta get fancy with my weed I just smoke it.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: help with experiment [Re: RasJeph]
    #820133 - 10/12/16 12:59 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

So, what were are talking about here is a gas absorbing into your bloodstream through the tissue in your lungs. In chemical processes involving the solvation of a gas within the air into a liquid one would refer to "Henry's Law" for the given process. It states "At a constant temperature, the amount of a given gas that dissolves in a given type and volume of liquid is directly proportional to the partial pressure of that gas in equilibrium with that liquid." -This is the definition from wiki, but it falls in line with it's a description in line with what I learned it.

So in the process Good Shit (g) => Good Shit (aq) we would have some value that would correspond with the ideal equilibrium for the system in units of Concentration per Partial Pressure of the gas in question. This means if you wish to dissolve as much withing your blood at a single time, you probably want as high of a partial pressure as possible and you want the exposure to be as long as possible (observations which are likely assumable without all this fancy shmancy arm-waving 2 am drunk and allergy suffering science i'm throwing down).

What I don't understand, due to my lack of knowledge specific to biological sciences, is the interaction of the membrane within this problem. I'm sure it has an effect more like changing the value of this constant than it does change the nature of how the dissolution takes place. I also do not understand the way in which these chemicals metabolize within the bloodstream, whether they are volatile when in solution (how much they will pass from the blood into the air in your lungs, and if this doesn't occur the presumption of an "equilibrium" value is inappropriate), nor do I understand the metabolization or removal of the compound(s) or if it even occurs. This gas also changes temperature rather quickly throughout this process, almost certainly it being warming when arriving is best. Inhaling extremely hot gas is generally ill advised though.

What I'm saying is inhale the thickest smoke you can, hold it as long as you can.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Edited by Thebooedocksaint (10/12/16 01:00 AM)

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US
Re: help with experiment [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #820134 - 10/12/16 05:20 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
So, what were are talking about here is a gas absorbing into your bloodstream through the tissue in your lungs. In chemical processes involving the solvation of a gas within the air into a liquid one would refer to "Henry's Law" for the given process. It states "At a constant temperature, the amount of a given gas that dissolves in a given type and volume of liquid is directly proportional to the partial pressure of that gas in equilibrium with that liquid." -This is the definition from wiki, but it falls in line with it's a description in line with what I learned it.

So in the process Good Shit (g) => Good Shit (aq) we would have some value that would correspond with the ideal equilibrium for the system in units of Concentration per Partial Pressure of the gas in question. This means if you wish to dissolve as much withing your blood at a single time, you probably want as high of a partial pressure as possible and you want the exposure to be as long as possible (observations which are likely assumable without all this fancy shmancy arm-waving 2 am drunk and allergy suffering science i'm throwing down).

What I don't understand, due to my lack of knowledge specific to biological sciences, is the interaction of the membrane within this problem. I'm sure it has an effect more like changing the value of this constant than it does change the nature of how the dissolution takes place. I also do not understand the way in which these chemicals metabolize within the bloodstream, whether they are volatile when in solution (how much they will pass from the blood into the air in your lungs, and if this doesn't occur the presumption of an "equilibrium" value is inappropriate), nor do I understand the metabolization or removal of the compound(s) or if it even occurs. This gas also changes temperature rather quickly throughout this process, almost certainly it being warming when arriving is best. Inhaling extremely hot gas is generally ill advised though.

What I'm saying is inhale the thickest smoke you can, hold it as long as you can.

I'll agree that attempting to maximize concentration of "Good shit" at the membrane surface is the ultimate goal, but I'm still iffy on the assumption that the good shit is a gas at that point.

Delta-9-thc has a boiling point of 315 deg. F, while direct thermal burning of the face, mouth, and upper respiratory tract occurs when gases above 300 deg. F are inhaled. Being that permanent burning and ulceration of the upper respiratory tract is a rare occurrence after smoking, it can be reasonably assumed that the bulk smoke/gas mixture is below 300 degrees prior to entering the body. What this ultimately means is that the thc is more than likely a liquid or solid aerosol upon entering the body.

So at this point, the goal would be to try and deliver the aerosol to the mucus membrane, where it will deposit on the surface until either completely absorbed via diffusion or forced out of the lungs.

In order the do this with any real efficiency, you need to get the bulk gas as turbulent as possible, in the areas where there is the highest concentration of capillaries (the aveoli). The aveoli also secrete several surfactants (in order to reduce air-mucus surface tension) that would more readily dissolve said aerosols and allow faster difusion into the bloodstream.

The aveoli never fully deflate in a happy human, and therefore always have a little bit of stale air in them after a complete exhale. Upon inhaling, the new gas is directed down into the branching airways in the lungs, and thus (I'm assuming, will validate with calcs later) more turbulent, ultimately being driven into the aveoli chambers with a good amount of velocity and turbulence, to facilitate maximum tumbling and mixing of the new air with the stale air, thus maximizing the average partial pressure of oxygen across the entire available exchange surface.

All other subcomponents of the respiratory system act to inhibit immediate absorbtion of thc aerosols, as thc is nearly insoluble in low-surfactant mucus in the bronchial tree and upper respiratory tract, and the lining of these structures contain cilia which actively move mucus out of the lungs (where it is eventually coughed up or swallowed). If it is swallowed, it will eventually be utilized, but the delay in absorption is long enough to not be considered part of the initial smoke session high.

In reality, it really doesn't matter...if you smoke, you get high. In theory, it would seem to be more efficient to completely exhale, fill the beginning of the breath with smoke, and then inhale fresh air deeply. This will ensure that the majority of the thc aerosols end up in the aveoli, and not wasted or delayed on the bronchial tree or upper respiratory tract. You could also try doing some quick shallow breathing after you inhale deeply to recirculate the smoke through the aveoli and maintain turbulence. It should also be obvious that you'll need to do this a few times more than a deep bong rip, as I'm sure the brochial tree isn't completely impermeable to thc, so thick smoke filling the entire lung isn't being completely wasted (this is also evident during empirical testing).

:shrug: That's my take on it...

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: help with experiment [Re: Data]
    #820139 - 10/12/16 11:10 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

See, I definitely wasn't prepared to think about aerosols. But yea. I'm even less prepared to talk about membrane lung stuffs.

Maybe short and repeated breaths when drawing would maximize turbulence within the lungs? OR installing a fan within your lungs to increase turbulence DUH.

Hurray both of us taking it more serious than it required just to say the same common sense answers.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: help with experiment [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #820141 - 10/12/16 12:04 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

:highfive:

Fuckin' right, bruh!!

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order