Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
autoflower help
    #813861 - 05/21/16 11:34 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

hi,

I was wondering if I could simply sprout a few autoflowering seeds and then put them in a large cup with potting soil and put on my windowsill?
I'm not able to spend lots of money on lights and equipment and do not have the resources for such a grow. But I was wondering if I could just put a few sprouted seeds in a few large cups in some potting soil on my windowsill?
I've seen pictures of autoflowers grown in those 7-11 big gulp cups, and one large huge cola would came up through the middle of the plant.
I'm not looking for a huge grow, just a few small auto flowering plants on a windowsill.
thanks

--------------------
I am Jah Jesus Christ Snoop Doggy Dogg Burning Marijuana Tree Lord Shiva King Death Row Kambodia Allah Mahavishnu Masta Killa King Wu-Tang Gautauma Buddha Om Krishna.
My name is Nishith Vijay a.k.a. CannabisPatient

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBobabouy
Strangler
Male

Loc: Shitstainistan
Re: autoflower help [Re: cannabispatient]
    #813862 - 05/21/16 11:41 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Depends on how much sunlight that window gets. If it's not a lot, then I wouldn't hold out much hope.

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
    #813863 - 05/21/16 11:42 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

No putting more than one seed per container is a bad idea as the roots can entangle. Also autos do best at 18+ hrs of light. If its on a window sill it will probably no yeild much at all. Btw you can pickup a 150w Hps for 60.00 on the net.

Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
Re: autoflower help [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #813893 - 05/22/16 05:42 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Bobabouy said:
Depends on how much sunlight that window gets. If it's not a lot, then I wouldn't hold out much hope.

WTF? This pisses me off. It should be like growing any other plant. Millions of people grow houseplants from seedlings that they just put in a cup or in a pot on a windowsill that get *some* sunlight and the plants grow and flower just fine.
Why would weed be any different?

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
No putting more than one seed per container is a bad idea as the roots can entangle. Also autos do best at 18+ hrs of light. If its on a window sill it will probably no yeild much at all. Btw you can pickup a 150w Hps for 60.00 on the net.

My closet has a bunch of horizontal shelves in it, so I cannot grow anything inside it with a light, hence my asking about putting an auto flower on the windowsill.
But still, I could grow in another room. Would one 150w hps be sufficient to grow 2 autoflowering plants? or How about one regular plants?
thanks in advance

--------------------
I am Jah Jesus Christ Snoop Doggy Dogg Burning Marijuana Tree Lord Shiva King Death Row Kambodia Allah Mahavishnu Masta Killa King Wu-Tang Gautauma Buddha Om Krishna.

Edited by cannabispatient (05/22/16 06:53 AM)

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
    #813907 - 05/22/16 11:12 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah a 150w is perfect for 1-2 plants

Invisibleresincoatedlungs
Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

Re: autoflower help [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #813956 - 05/23/16 04:17 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Millions of people grow houseplants from seedlings that they just put in a cup or in a pot on a windowsill that get *some* sunlight and the plants grow and flower just fine.
Why would weed be any different?

Make no mistake, the plants would grow and flower, but it wouldn't be worth smoking at all. And the yield would be next to nonexistent, so not worth growing that way at all when it comes to Cannabis.

Cannabis can survive in damn near any conditions, but to THRIVE and have healthy plants give good yields of good bud is a completely different ballgame that takes patience, homework, time, money, and a little good ol' fashioned common sense and work ethic.

--------------------
:psycho:

Man Eater

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: autoflower help [Re: resincoatedlungs]
    #814051 - 05/25/16 05:01 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Cannabis is a high demand plant, house plants are not. Nothing but your wallet to stop you from trying it, because as you said your not looking for a huge grow. You will not know the potential until you try it.  A ~$100 investment to see if its a viable way of obtaining medicine. Its a risk that they won't have enough light and not grow as well or produce dense buds. Worst case scenario the leafy buds need to be cooked with instead of smoked.

For a small grow you could supplement some small lights, like a T5 2x4 or an LED (warning, lots of garbage out there in the LED market).

A few recommendations:

Plant in a 1 gallon pot at least. (can be smaller if using a type of hydro)
Don't re-pot them, autoflowers can't afford the time to recover.
Don't get houseplant soil, they are for slow growth and longer time between watering.
Don't be afraid to experiment. If you do only change one thing at a time.
You'll probably have to move your plants around to get optimal sunshine.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
Re: autoflower help [Re: phychotron]
    #815218 - 06/18/16 10:11 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

so I could get a 150w HPS light and grow one plant under it to full maturity? But i'm not talking auto flower I mean regular plant

ok thank you

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #815249 - 06/18/16 02:06 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

yep, just gotta make sure you stick to the light schedule for veg and flower and you'll be fine.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineBobabouy
Strangler
Male

Re: autoflower help [Re: phychotron]
    #815263 - 06/18/16 05:55 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

I say if you need it right away... Maybe you should buy some?

Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
Re: autoflower help [Re: Bobabouy]
    #815282 - 06/19/16 07:03 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Bobabouy said:

obtaining herb isn't a problem for me, its just that I've wanted to grow my own plant by myself for quite some time now.

oh well, maybe next year...

--------------------

OfflineBobabouy
Strangler
Male

#815324 - 06/19/16 01:32 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

cannabispatient said:
Quote:

Bobabouy said:

obtaining herb isn't a problem for me, its just that I've wanted to grow my own plant by myself for quite some time now.

oh well, maybe next year...

Why next year? If you grow indoors with a light, it's always next year!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds