Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleChemical Addiction
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
To trim or not to trim? * 1
    #810519 - 04/12/16 06:39 AM (8 years, 7 days ago)

So with my last three crops I thinned out the plant a lot before flowering so the light would penetrate better, but when I see other peoples grow they look so bushy and still have great buds. I've done a lot of trimming from the bottom the last couple weeks but not much thinning out.

It's hard to get a good picture with the flouros/ frame in the way. It's a single sativa plant btw if that helps. I just switched her to flower today.

--------------------
Sure. Don't expect me to compensate your wife and five retarded kids after I've drowned your exposed brain in my semen.
    Spider Jerusalem

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Re: To trim or not to trim? [Re: Chemical Addiction]
    #810542 - 04/12/16 11:27 AM (8 years, 7 days ago)

I dont thin anything out but lollypopping them is a must with scrog nets, yours look like mine when trimmed from the bottom :thumbup:

but as for the canopy just move the branches in the trellis for better light penetration/coverage instead of cutting leaves off.  those leaves feed your buds, they are needed :blazed:

:greenthumb::leafsmoke:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:1:growingweed:3:growingweed:B:farmerdance:U:growingweed:D:growingweed:S:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: To trim or not to trim? [Re: 13buds]
    #810553 - 04/12/16 12:30 PM (8 years, 7 days ago)

lollipopping is the way to grow. Basically take all the thin and lanky branches that are below your screen.  Yours look good. Plus they'll fill in as it starts to flower.

Your plant has a nice open structure that will allow for light/air to pass. Other plants, like dense indicas get much bushier.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: To trim or not to trim? [Re: phychotron]
    #810581 - 04/12/16 05:21 PM (8 years, 7 days ago)

thanks guys, I "lollipopped" it because i'm hoping for denser buds, last time I got a lot of fluffy small buds, when I get more cash I want to replace two of the flouros with another LED.

--------------------
Sure. Don't expect me to compensate your wife and five retarded kids after I've drowned your exposed brain in my semen.
    Spider Jerusalem

InvisibleChakanooga
Always Lmao
Male

Loc: Wonderland
    #810624 - 04/12/16 09:59 PM (8 years, 6 days ago)

Post in the future so I can learn from your grow, looks great. :cookiemonster:

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: To trim or not to trim? [Re: Chakanooga] * 1
    #810641 - 04/13/16 05:51 AM (8 years, 6 days ago)

If I remember to take pictures I might do anther half-assed grow log like the one in my journal, post pics when I change out the nutes each week. I just realized I've been growing 1.5 years and have yet to get a PPM meter :facepalm3: I keep planning on getting one but don't.

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Urban Naturalist Industries
Male

Loc: HI Flag
    #810896 - 04/15/16 02:55 AM (8 years, 4 days ago)

:popcorn:

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: To trim or not to trim? [Re: Chakanooga]
    #811281 - 04/19/16 03:07 PM (8 years, 4 hours ago)

Quote:

Chakanooga said:
Post in the future so I can learn from your grow, looks great. :cookiemonster:

I started a log in my journal but with the frame and flouros in the way I don't imagine i'll have any nice pics until the 5th or 6th week of flowering when I can get pics of the flowers. Will try and update once a week when I change out nutes

--------------------
    Spider Jerusalem

InvisibleChakanooga
Always Lmao
Male

Loc: Wonderland
    #811317 - 04/19/16 11:12 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I'll check out your journal, keep me updated. :thumbsup:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies