Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenotyuravragepothed
Stranger

Loc: Likeyouneedtoknow!
Re: First grow. Bag seed [Re: Scribbler]
    #801356 - 12/14/15 11:02 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I'll start giving more light then. Usually with my wife's schedule and mine someone is always home, so in the very unlikely event of a fire somebody would catch it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

Re: First grow. Bag seed [Re: notyuravragepothed]
    #801395 - 12/14/15 02:34 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

It's just a T5 right??

Stranger

#801528 - 12/16/15 02:52 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Yes. Just a 2ft t5. By the 7-8 hr mark it's already pretty hot. Anybody have an opinion on a good flowering light? I can't decide.

InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

#801543 - 12/16/15 09:10 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Don't be so paranoid about a T5 lol I think they are something like 54watts a bulb and run cool. If you think that's hot try putting a MH or HPS in there haha. I'm paranoid about certain things too but if I worried about my house catching fire everytime I left a few lights on I would drive myself nuts.

OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Southeast US
    #801800 - 12/18/15 07:33 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

For a flowering light I highly recommend a HPS.  I always run 1k watt HPS lights.  Can't go wrong with a HPS light with an air cooled hood.

Stranger

Re: First grow. Bag seed [Re: ShroomingChaos]
    #804983 - 01/31/16 05:52 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Well over the last month and whatever days I had to toss my plants due do being evacuated due to a fire in a residence below us, I decided not to start up again until I have everything I absolutely need. Decided on a led light off Amazon for flowering, and a big enough tent to hold 3-5 small plants. I was only expecting to get another 5-10 seeds but I got 50 something to work with. Atleast this time I was told they will be a sativa strain so I know they'll get a little tall.

Stranger

#805141 - 02/02/16 10:45 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I decided on a pretty basic 32x18x32 tent. I found a few lights on Amazon with decent reviews. Would 1 mars hydro mars300 led light be enough for a 32"x18"x32" tent or would it be better to get 2 erligpowht 45w led light or 2 ourkens 45w led light? The mars and erligpowht are red and blue light but the ourkens is red, blue, orange and white. Possibly even 3 of the smaller led? I want to keep the cost of the lights $200 or less. Of anybody has a good led suggestion I'm all ears.

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
    #805142 - 02/02/16 10:55 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Those cheap LEDs are junk for growing pot.

Stranger

Re: First grow. Bag seed [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #805144 - 02/02/16 11:24 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I want something efficient and low heat emitting for the summer. Are there good led lights that I don't have to drop 4-800 on? I'm checking websites for local places but they only have a few led's that are closer to a grand and more for large scale.

InvisibleScribbler
because i scribble

Re: First grow. Bag seed [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #805156 - 02/02/16 04:22 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
Those cheap LEDs are junk for growing pot.

I've never used them but from what I've read this is 100% correct. If you want to use LED then you have to drop money on a good one. If not then you're wasting your money and you're better off getting a HPS w/ a cooltube.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #805182 - 02/02/16 11:45 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Those Mars II impress some people, usually those who've never used any before. I'm not a big fan, but those on a super low budget or a small enough grow can get by with one.

Cheap and generic LED's are usually a huge rip off, however if you get one knowing that its not going to provide the best light or longest lifespan, and your needs are minimal then you could get by with a cheap LED.

You might need another one or an upgrade to a real light in the future. I wouldn't drop more than ~$200 for that sized area until you get a better light.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Stranger

Re: First grow. Bag seed [Re: phychotron]
    #805225 - 02/03/16 12:16 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Well glad I looked other places because I found a deal for 2 mars300 for 120. Amazon had them 1 for a little over 100. I'm gonna buy those and it should work fine for what I need. Now on to carbon filters and inline fans...

OfflineGlasPlandai
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Ireland
    #806169 - 02/18/16 05:03 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

How are you coming on your grow closet?
Have you bought anything yet?

Just following along with your post it seams you just happened upon some seeds and now you have the grow bug. At the same time you are concerned about detection, and heat from lighting causing fire. And budget is also a concern.

First let me say welcome to the world of horticulture. Some things I would like to tell you that will help you along your way.

First when you germ your seeds you can soak them over night to soften the shells. Then put them in a wet paper towel and then put the paper towel in a zip lock bag. You are going to want to keep them in a warm dark place ideally around 75-90F and DARK. If you live in an apartment I'm sure you have a dark closet with a water heater. Then LEAVE THEM BE for about a week. Cannabis seeds come with there own built in food and they can germ while sending out a tap root for a long time. The majority of there stored food gets used when they pop out of the dirt and spread there started leaves. After a week check them out and you should have some pretty good tap roots. Put some dirt in a Dixie cup (the small 2 shot ones for rinsing your mouth out) pot a few holes in the bottom and water it till it drips out and let it sit a bit to drain. once the extra water is out put the cup in another cup so it don't leak all over when you water. poke a hole in the dirt deep enough to put the tap root all the way in and the seed pot about 1/8 inch under the dirt. BOOM you done for a while sit back and wait until you see it come out of the dirt. Water it with just 1/4 the volume of your cup when the top is dry until you get your 1st set of true leaves.

For seedling lighting you can use 4x Compact Florescents 40 or 60 watt equivalent so that's about a 14-20 watt Head to the hardware and get you some Daylight ones. while you are there get a timer and some bulb splitters and rig it up like this.

Put them about 2 inches from your plants and move them up as they grow. You can grow with these for well into your 2nd month while you iron out your lighting. If you want stealth grow just 1 plant in a gun cabinet that is 2x2x5 and just add some more CPF trees as your plants grow. Pinch it off @ the 3rd node that grows that will keep it short and bushy. There is nothing wrong with veging a plant for 4-8 weeks and flipping it to get a mini monster. When I was in collage I grew plants in 2 mini fridges one for veg and one for flower and was able to get a nice bag every other month for next to nothing.

Edited by GlasPlandai (02/18/16 05:04 AM)

Stranger

Re: First grow. Bag seed [Re: GlasPlandai]
    #806330 - 02/20/16 04:12 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I just bought a 2x2x3 tent and 2 mars hydro 300w led lights.

Set me back 190 total. I just germed 20 seeds again. The tent and lights will Be here within a week. Anybody have suggestions for carbon filters?

OfflineGlasPlandai
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Ireland
    #806332 - 02/20/16 05:33 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

notyuravragepothed said:
Anybody have suggestions for carbon filters?

DIY carbon filter from active carbon for fish tanks @ your local pet store.

Almost just as easy to just buy one. I use Active Air 6". You can get them on amazon from $50-100us. Lasts me about  a year 1/2 with 10 Flower and 10 veg plants running year long.

Just make sure you get one rated higher CFM than your fan.

--------------------
Dr. Glas Plandai Ph.D.
Major in Horticulture
Minor in Sustainable Agriculture
Glas Plandai on FaceBook

Stranger

Re: First grow. Bag seed [Re: GlasPlandai]
    #806590 - 02/24/16 01:01 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I received my tent yesterday, it is all set up with my seedlings inside waiting for the led's to get here. Post pics soon

Stranger

#806629 - 02/24/16 10:10 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Lights should be here in a couple days. Already weeded a couple out that weren't satisfactory. They sprouted then the stem started turning black and didn't grow any more so down to 17.

Stranger

#807037 - 03/01/16 09:36 AM (8 years, 29 days ago)

Stranger

#807266 - 03/04/16 11:34 AM (8 years, 26 days ago)

The third pic, the plant has always been like that. Even when it first emerged from the seed. The leaves are droopy on almost all of them. I think I'm over watering. So I slowed down and it hasn't seemed to help yet it's been a few days now.

Stranger

#808081 - 03/16/16 01:34 AM (8 years, 14 days ago)

Moving slowly. I'm considering transferring them outside in a month. There are wooded areas and fields nearby that would provide a decent spot. I recently stated dyna grows grow liquid and i did 1 round with some gen hydro products to get a better root system.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom