Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

Re: enzyme products [Re: Mrshroom]
    #763035 - 12/23/14 09:05 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mrshroom said:
Quote:

dmtcorey said:
i dont understand what you mean there c koons ,are you saying the warmer the water the less oxygen is available to the plant?

with water the warmer it is the less air can be held in by the water. It like beer if u drink warm beer more of the co2 will come out of the liquid when u open the bottle. but when it its cold the beer can hold and store more co2 and less will escape when u open it up.

what is considered the best temp for maintaining maximum oxygen levels in the solution ?

--------------------
:whereismiddleman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: enzyme products [Re: GreenHorns]
    #763073 - 12/24/14 01:12 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I ended up buying a gallon of that stuff for $60 + 10 shipping. Seems like it might work well. I'm going to test the two different enzyme products on some excess roots next time I clean out my coco.

dmtcorey, res temps should be ~65F

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: enzyme products [Re: phychotron]
    #763249 - 12/25/14 12:01 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Anyone use concentrated pond enzyme products? I was also under the impression that em-1 and bokashi work as enzyme products or something. I'm not entirely sure what the deal is with bokashi or that's even how you spell it.

I have some cannazym but I don't know if it benefits the plant in any way. Advanced nutrients seem like an all around rip off.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: enzyme products [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #763509 - 12/27/14 04:35 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Got the Big Time Enzyme today. The stuff smells like orange cleaner, but its got a citrus based surfactant based on a few fruit and coconut oil. I still have some Cannazym left and want to do a side by side comparison of what it does to the roots.

Next time I clear out some coco I'll set an equal weight of dry roots in a solution of each enzyme product for a few days and see what happens. I'm thinking I need to soak them, strain them, dry them and reweigh them for quantitative analysis. I'll be able to do qualitative analysis on the roots both wet and dry to see how they have changed over time. I also need to start with roots of relatively the same length to see if they break down in size. Of course I'll also need to do a control with just plain water. I was thinking of doing a double or triple strength solution to help speed up the reaction, as the test is to see if the products themselves work and not necessarily which is better, but that may reveal itself in the test.

If anyone else thinks of something for the test let me know, it'll be going on in a few weeks. I'll start a new thread about it.

I've seen the test by Canna where they break down paper pulp and apple sauce, but I put neither of those in my root zones.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

Loc: funkytown Flag
    #763514 - 12/27/14 05:09 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Rad I'd like to hear the outcome.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: enzyme products [Re: dmtcorey]
    #763543 - 12/27/14 10:22 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

dmtcorey said:
Quote:

Mrshroom said:
Quote:

dmtcorey said:
i dont understand what you mean there c koons ,are you saying the warmer the water the less oxygen is available to the plant?

with water the warmer it is the less air can be held in by the water. It like beer if u drink warm beer more of the co2 will come out of the liquid when u open the bottle. but when it its cold the beer can hold and store more co2 and less will escape when u open it up.

what is considered the best temp for maintaining maximum oxygen levels in the solution ?

THIS

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

#763560 - 12/28/14 07:17 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Got the Big Time Enzyme today. The stuff smells like orange cleaner, but its got a citrus based surfactant based on a few fruit and coconut oil. I still have some Cannazym left and want to do a side by side comparison of what it does to the roots.

Next time I clear out some coco I'll set an equal weight of dry roots in a solution of each enzyme product for a few days and see what happens. I'm thinking I need to soak them, strain them, dry them and reweigh them for quantitative analysis. I'll be able to do qualitative analysis on the roots both wet and dry to see how they have changed over time. I also need to start with roots of relatively the same length to see if they break down in size. Of course I'll also need to do a control with just plain water. I was thinking of doing a double or triple strength solution to help speed up the reaction, as the test is to see if the products themselves work and not necessarily which is better, but that may reveal itself in the test.

If anyone else thinks of something for the test let me know, it'll be going on in a few weeks. I'll start a new thread about it.

I've seen the test by Canna where they break down paper pulp and apple sauce, but I put neither of those in my root zones.

Spend more money and try some Hygrozyme along with the other two.

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

Re: enzyme products [Re: Data]
    #763567 - 12/28/14 07:53 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

agmotes165 said:
Quote:

dmtcorey said:
Quote:

Mrshroom said:
Quote:

dmtcorey said:

THIS

thanks buddy ,

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: enzyme products [Re: GoonerHeClips]
    #763598 - 12/28/14 01:26 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

GoonerHeClips said:

As much as I'd like to do a full on product comparison I just don't have the cash to burn on experimentation right now. I just sent Advanced Nutrients an email seeing if they could provide a sample for my experiment.  I'm only going to need a couple gallons worth of mixed up solution so buying a product that is $20-40/liter just to use 10-20mL is too expensive of a test.  I'm gonna see about emailing other companies that make enzyme products and see if I can get a few samples.

--------------------

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

#763678 - 12/29/14 09:34 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Quote:

GoonerHeClips said:

As much as I'd like to do a full on product comparison I just don't have the cash to burn on experimentation right now. I just sent Advanced Nutrients an email seeing if they could provide a sample for my experiment.  I'm only going to need a couple gallons worth of mixed up solution so buying a product that is $20-40/liter just to use 10-20mL is too expensive of a test.  I'm gonna see about emailing other companies that make enzyme products and see if I can get a few samples.

hey let me know if they respond with willing to give u a sample cause i emailed them over a year ago and they just flat out denied me saying that there product sells it self so they have no need send out samples to try to get new customers.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #763711 - 12/29/14 03:33 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Ya, sounds like them. They were dicks to me when I was a customer trying to get help with their product.

--------------------

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

#763713 - 12/29/14 03:36 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Ya, sounds like them. They were dicks to me when I was a customer trying to get help with their product.

yah so i ended up just using mb ferts line up and have had great results sense i been using it.and there a hell of alot cheaper

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #763732 - 12/29/14 08:15 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I asked AN about their Kushie Kush product and WHY it's going to preform well. They said it's proprietary and will grow both indica/afghani kushes and west coast kush. :ilold:

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Loc: Babylon
Re: enzyme products [Re: captain.koons]
    #763996 - 12/31/14 08:03 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Wow.
Big business at it's finest.

--------------------

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

Re: enzyme products [Re: TribalSeed] * 1
    #764046 - 01/01/15 11:45 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

ya they can take a hike along with the canadian corperite growers to .

they think they can come and steal the work of many generations ,the people who brought this plant forth deserve the living that comes with it !  they continue to destroy familys and jail people that have helped countless folks ,sick fks

--------------------

OfflineGoldilocks
Stranger

Re: enzyme products/ don't buy from mbferts.com [Re: GreenHorns]
    #806531 - 02/22/16 09:55 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Please stop spamming the boards, no matter how upset you are.

I left one version of your thread in the link below.

https://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/806534#806534

Edited by phychotron (02/23/16 01:20 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale