Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesmokeonedaily
Stranger
first timer
    #804914 - 01/30/16 06:09 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

This is my first time growing medical marijuana. . My plants are 4 weeks old (under light) first I was useing a heat light for veg. However I recently (yesterday)got a 125w vitalume daylight light  with ballest ..for being 4 weeks there still a foot long..is there something I can do to make them grow??.. also I have 4 plants under this one light..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: first timer [Re: smokeonedaily]
    #804934 - 01/30/16 10:48 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Patience is a virtue in this game. You should occupy your time with as much reading as possible on the subject of indoor gardening.

More light usually means faster growth. They're chemical processing factories, using light as a source of power. They breath CO2 so making sure you have good air exchange and fans on your plants.

Photos?

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

Re: first timer [Re: phychotron]
    #804959 - 01/31/16 09:44 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I was in your boat a couple years back and the best advice everybody said was read as much as you can. with not knowing anything i thought i was people who did not know or was just lazy not willing to help but in fact it was the best help they could give. There are so many factors to look at. Type of strains, lighting, nuits, co2,ph, stress, style of growing.. soil (what brand), coco, hydro, and others things as well. all these can factor in the speed of growth due to the how these effect the plants health.  As phychotron stated read and more light.  the more light you have (but also in the right light spectrum) the plant can make more food and be able to grow faster. Also the more co2 the plant can get will allow the plants to be able to use more light.  on avarage a good amount of light u want to aim for is around 50 watts per a square foot. also if your plants are all squished together they wont grow as fast because they will be blocking each other from there light source. 

so the best thing to do is read. anybody can put a seed in soil and grow weed but if you want quality medical pot then you will only get as good as what time you put into it.

Offlinesmokeonedaily
Stranger

Re: first timer [Re: Mrshroom]
    #805791 - 02/11/16 09:20 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I want to thank you two for the replys.. I have been doing my research (reading) & now Im looking for a new light.. has any one used the mars 2 700??.. if so how'd it turn out.. and home many plants can I put under it??..

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #805801 - 02/11/16 01:19 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I've had friends with Mars2, it doesn't compare to what a full power LED can do. I only recommend those to people who are on a super low budget and small space, with no expectations that it will be the best. They do produce, but not as dense or quantity as a high end LED.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinesmokeonedaily
Stranger

Re: first timer [Re: phychotron]
    #805825 - 02/11/16 08:20 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

What would you recommend for a high end led for 4 plants.. my grow area is 3x3..

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #805845 - 02/12/16 12:26 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I'm a fan of the Advanced LED XML lights right now, the XML350 says its enough, but the 650 would be more than enough for that size. I'd say get the bigger light and dim it if its too intense.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck