Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJJambo
Stranger
1st room design: ventilation, irrigation, lighting.
    #799526 - 11/24/15 07:17 PM (8 years, 4 months ago)

This will be my first grow and I'm just about done with the initial builds for lighting, ventilation, and irrigation.  Tent is a 4x4 gorilla lite with extension to make it 7' 7".  One 650 xml from Advanced LED for lighting (Brightest LED that I've ever seen). 
    Venting order starts with a Can 6" charcoal filter in the tent with a 6" line that goes out to my bedroom ceiling.  No need to drill a new hole, just used a spot where a light was and that can be covered with the light if ever removed.  From the ceiling into the attic to a suspended CAN 6" HO fan followed by a duct muffler to a 4 inch reducer then out a louver vent.  All lines are wrapped in insulation for noise control.  Fan is controlled by a motor control switch.  In the end, VERY quiet and hardly noticeable.
    Irrigation starts in a 27 gallon Tough Box that will be filled with 15 gallons of solution.  A 250 GPH pump feeds a manifold with four outlets all with quick connects(will be using mobile scrogs for all four plants)  as I cannot reach the back of the tent if problems arise or if pruning underneath is needed.  The drains are in 20 inch saucers that were modified by gluing 1/2 inch tubing to the perimeter.  When screwing in the bulkhead fitting to attach it to the grow tray the saucer took on a funnel shape to help in draining so no abundance of water to be standing.  I know, I cut holes in a perfectly good grow tray.  Each tray has its own drain line that follows right back to the reservoir.  A 137 GPH pump with venturi attachment and air pump stirs and aerates the solution.  A float valve gravity feeds RO water from my top off reservoir when the initial solution drops.  I've also added quick connects to switch from the feed line to a drain when changing over the reservoir once per week.  Its your basic top feed recirculating system.  I also have a Blue Lab continuous monitor for PPM's, PH and TEMP readouts.
    With the lights on the temps stay at 83 degrees and lights off at 72.  I could open all three vents but so far these readings are with two vents open and the vent fan adjusted where you can barely hear the noise from the fan (about 70% power setting).
    This will be my first grow so I tried to plan the design with somewhat simplicity in mind but more for convenience, as I work many hours a week.  The design for the saucers with drains came when there was just too much standing water in the table after a watering and tilting the table enough for draining was cutting down on available height as well as an uneven canopy distance from the light.
    There you have it, folks.  Any suggestions or complements are welcome.  Now on with the pictures.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Southeast US
Re: 1st room design: ventilation, irrigation, lighting. [Re: JJambo]
    #800732 - 12/08/15 08:21 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Do you have a grow journal?  If not, you should start one because I am interested to see how this LED grow is going to turn out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies