Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Loc: its cold
Paper on Marijuana
    #796601 - 10/11/15 06:46 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

So I was recently surprised with a random drug screen for at work.  Unfortunately I didn't have my "kit" with me and dropped a hot sample.  The company has a zero tolerance policy and I was relieved of my position....  With that my licenses are in jeopardy.  To maintain my operational status I have to see and addiction counselor.  That counselor has "recommended" that I write a 3-4 page paper on the negative effects that marijuana has on people and what safety concerns it can cause.  Now I agree I wouldn't ever use it at the job because of what I did and how it could be a safety concern.  I am here to ask for suggestions on how I should write the paper.  I was thinking of touching on the safety concerns and why it shouldn't be used in certain work environments.  But I was thinking the main focus of the paper should be how it helps people. Not just the obvious medicinal that we know about but how does it help you in your daily life.  Mentally, with your family, socially.  The types of things that you don't see on the news the stuff that isn't talked about in the media. I intend this paper to be 8-10 pages.  I refuse to write a paper of hearsay. 
I have a new job that doesn't require me to have safety clearances but it does have randoms.  Unfortunate I am in this position but I need to feed my family and it is not federally legal.  I'm sure there are some people in here with quality information.  Thank you all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblethoughts
Stranger

Re: Paper on Marijuana [Re: sveumy] * 1
    #796613 - 10/11/15 10:15 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Tl;dr

You got it backwards, you put the MARIJUANA on the paper. Then you roll it up and smoke it.:bobmarley:

--------------------

OfflineBumble_Dick
loathsome brute
Male User Gallery

Loc: cage-free tomatoes
Re: Paper on Marijuana [Re: sveumy] * 1
    #796614 - 10/11/15 10:32 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Just send them a link to growery.org. There are plenty of examples on how marijuana affects the brain.

InvisibleP-O

Re: Paper on Marijuana [Re: Bumble_Dick]
    #796648 - 10/12/15 10:17 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

So I was recently surprised with a random drug screen for at work.  Unfortunately I didn't have my "kit" with me and dropped a hot sample.  The company has a zero tolerance policy and I was relieved of my position....  With that my licenses are in jeopardy.  To maintain my operational status I have to see and addiction counselor.  That counselor has "recommended" that I write a 3-4 page paper on the negative effects that marijuana has on people and what safety concerns it can cause.

that sucks dude

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: Paper on Marijuana [Re: P-O]
    #796690 - 10/12/15 04:39 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

P-O said:
Quote:

So I was recently surprised with a random drug screen for at work.  Unfortunately I didn't have my "kit" with me and dropped a hot sample.  The company has a zero tolerance policy and I was relieved of my position....  With that my licenses are in jeopardy.  To maintain my operational status I have to see and addiction counselor.  That counselor has "recommended" that I write a 3-4 page paper on the negative effects that marijuana has on people and what safety concerns it can cause.

that sucks dude

I feel like i'd just lose my licenses because i'm a dick. Same reason I didn't pass DARE, I wasn't willing to sign my name to a testimony of lies.

But it's your life man, and you paid money for those licenses. We live in a shitty world where we are forced to do this shit. Do what you gotta do to keep on keeping on.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

Re: Paper on Marijuana [Re: sveumy] * 3
    #796707 - 10/12/15 06:50 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

sveumy said:
But I was thinking the main focus of the paper should be how it helps people.

Seriously?  Wake up man.  Your employers and counselor most likely don't give two shits about what your opinions are about drug use.  The employer has set a standard they expect maintained (fair or not) and the counselor has already told you he/she is biased based upon expecting anything you write to be against marijuana use.

If this is about keeping a professional license then you should fake it, repeat all the stupid propaganda about drug use and include whatever workplace safety concerns they want to hear about.  This isn't your time to change the world and reeducate your counselor or develop new policies for your prospective employers.  You are not going to win points for honesty.  This is your chance to save your own ass.  Leave your personal commentary, beliefs, and anything else they don't want to hear out of it.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

Edited by CrayolaHalls (10/12/15 06:54 PM)

InvisibleP-O

Re: Paper on Marijuana [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #796709 - 10/12/15 07:17 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

+1

Offlinepizzeria
Stranger

Re: Paper on Marijuana [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #796848 - 10/14/15 07:57 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

It could be a corporation ....here's how I'd start your paper...Marijuana is a plant loved by some and hated by others, all of these people have their reasons for why they feel this way, passionately or not so lets look at the effects both negative and positive that Marijuana has on society....than I'd compare how murders occur thru burglaries ..how accidents occur thru intoxication(then delve into mechanism of action mj has on brain methods of testing used to detect metabolites) that's a little shot because the hypocrisy thru which mj effects and is stored in the body is assanine with testing and severity of punishments ....I mean fuck this can go ask them mother fuckers if their opinion on this shit even matters what the fuck are u 18 and they're just power tripiin fuckthem I'd slap the shit out of em come at me like that

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Loc: its cold
Re: Paper on Marijuana [Re: pizzeria]
    #796921 - 10/15/15 02:07 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

The point is I don't care if they want my opinion or not.  I was asked to write a paper on the effects of MJ.  I feel the need to write it as my opinion because that is the point of the paper.  If the counselor didn't want my opinion he shouldn't have asked me to write a paper.  Policy won't change as it is illegal federally and my licenses fall under federal mandate.  Nothing I say will change that.  I am not stupid.  Honesty is the point of it all.... If I were to write the paper that he wants then I would be going against everything I believe in.  Tell the truth, live by that truth, and treat others with respect regardless of the outcome.  Simple life guidelines.  Because if at the end of all of it I loose my licenses because I was honest I can live with that and my conscious is clear.  If I write 4 pages of bullshit then it was a waste of my time and his.  I am not an activist but I refuse to go down with out stating my opinion.  Good, bad, or indifferent. 
Thank you for your opinions and input.

OfflineBumble_Dick
loathsome brute
Male User Gallery

Loc: cage-free tomatoes
Re: Paper on Marijuana [Re: sveumy]
    #796947 - 10/15/15 12:35 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Your original post says the "negative effects".. It's a waste of time either way, just write the paper how they want, or quit. It sounds like you were already fired, why put in the effort?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale