Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKrishnaDreamer
Stranger
Best strain for equatorial tropics?
    #794053 - 09/21/15 02:07 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Sup guys, some of you might know me from the shroomery. If not, what's up. This is basically a copy and paste of the thread I made in the ethno garden on shroomery -

Can you guys recommend a strain that will be easy to guerrilla grow for a first timer and  that will provide the seeds (if it's allowed), as well as the best yielding outdoor cultivation method? I'm in an equatorial tropical environment if that matters.

Will a scrog type grow work and have better yields outdoors? Ie. Tying the plant down to grow horizontally. Will strain matter much depending on terroir and climate? I'm in the equatorial tropics with high heat and high humidity most of the year.

Looking for pretty much the same info for poppies. Will it be worth it to actively cultivate poppies for personal use? Looking for something with minimal maintenance. Also looking for .

Pm me on the shroomery if you can help, I'm sure I got some stuff that'll interest someone who wants to trade.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Best strain for equatorial tropics? [Re: KrishnaDreamer] * 1
    #794055 - 09/21/15 06:26 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Go with something that has a lot of sativa in it since those tend to come from those areas. Something with a lot of indica in a tropical area is asking for rotting buds.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineKrishnaDreamer
Stranger
Re: Best strain for equatorial tropics? [Re: Magash]
    #794209 - 09/23/15 01:41 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Cool, thanks man. Got any strain recommendations and seed providers?

Another Q: if I grew in a marshy area where the ground is always moist, will I have to do any tending?

And what is the best outdoor cultivation method? Straight natural 15ft. Ganja tree? Topped and pruned bush? Trained horizontal bonsai looking thing?

Are trades for seeds allowed here? I'm outside the U.S.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Best strain for equatorial tropics? [Re: KrishnaDreamer]
    #794211 - 09/23/15 05:23 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Another Q: if I grew in a marshy area where the ground is always moist, will I have to do any tending?

Yup, cannabis is not the humidity loving plant a lot of people think it is. Look at the countries it comes from most are in the middle east.

Quote:

And what is the best outdoor cultivation method? Straight natural 15ft. Ganja tree? Topped and pruned bush? Trained horizontal bonsai looking thing?

That's all pretty much gonna depend on the strain  you choose. Most sativas are better off as tall trees.

Quote:

Are trades for seeds allowed here? I'm outside the U.S.

You need a lot more posts before anybody is gonna do it. There are ways to pull it off.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineKrishnaDreamer
Stranger
Re: Best strain for equatorial tropics? [Re: Magash]
    #794339 - 09/24/15 12:51 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Pffft... I've been posting on the shroomery for like 10 years dude. All my trade ratings are positive, anyone can message me on there if they think my account on this site is fake or whatever.

Otherwise, thanks.

OfflineKrishnaDreamer
Stranger
    #794615 - 09/26/15 06:25 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Can anyone help me out? I've got stuff to trade. Why's trading seeds on the shroomery not allowed but it is here?

Another question: is it possible for plants to get "sunburned"? Like say I wanted to grow near the ocean where it's wide open and the sun is very big, especially being on the equatorial axis, will this be harmful to the plant in any way or will they love it?

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery
    #794643 - 09/26/15 10:28 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Plants grow outdoors in the sun via photosybthesis. So no. And finding quality sativa genetics aint gonna be easy, or just fall out of the sky for you. In real life marijuana has been stigmatized for years and has been driven indoor/underground to cultivate, doing so has spawned a chase for genetics that do well indoors. For a variety of reasons these tend to be indica hybrids or indica doms. What you need is a true sativa for the tropical climate in which you reside.. fact is there isnt tons of outdoor growers on this or any board that has or is plentiful in the genetics which you seek. While you might possibly tease out an aberration to his fact, I highly doubt so and encourage you to maybe look into a landrace variety that maybe can be obtained somehow nearby, or look to seedbanks as they begin to stock more sativa/tropical breeding strains, just  do your research when you are shopping and you shojld get an idea wht may work for you.

Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #794658 - 09/26/15 11:28 AM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Trading seeds isn't allowed on the forums.
It's illegal under federal law still so we don't allow it on either site.

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Best strain for equatorial tropics? [Re: Stoneth]
    #794664 - 09/26/15 12:19 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

:uhno:

OfflineKrishnaDreamer
Stranger
Re: Best strain for equatorial tropics? [Re: Stoneth]
    #794742 - 09/26/15 09:03 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Stoneth said:

I'm outside the U.S., fuck federal law.

Thanks ash, anyone have any strain recommendations that'll work for my climate and reputable seed suppliers?

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
    #794793 - 09/27/15 10:29 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Gorilla ftw!

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery
    #794808 - 09/27/15 03:19 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

KrishnaDreamer said:
Quote:

Stoneth said:

I'm outside the U.S., fuck federal law.

Thanks ash, anyone have any strain recommendations that'll work for my climate and reputable seed suppliers?

The reason stoneth must say something is this, just like shroomery, growery servers are located inside usa, tgerefore they are bothe required to follow and ensure that their users follow the usa federal guidelnes..meaning cannabis is still very illegal.

Now as far as seeds go.. listen to dedken anx head over to gorilla... and look for breeders with strains from africa for your sativa dom needs. Try durban poison. Or a malawi strain something  similar ought to do he trick, like I said do some researcg and try to find anything as close to a true breeding sativa that ya can..

Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

Edited by ashfiken (09/27/15 03:20 PM)

InvisibleAGrower
Hydroponic Enthusiast

#794817 - 09/27/15 04:09 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

KrishnaDreamer said:
Can anyone help me out? I've got stuff to trade. Why's trading seeds on the shroomery not allowed but it is here?

Another question: is it possible for plants to get "sunburned"? Like say I wanted to grow near the ocean where it's wide open and the sun is very big, especially being on the equatorial axis, will this be harmful to the plant in any way or will they love it?

8 years ago when i did most of my seed trading on shroomery, that was all i did for along time, i traded spores for seeds, not just cannabis, i collected seeds from all around the world. was a nice hobby, wish i had my collection still. greedy thieves and there dirty meth cook hands, steal anything for anything.

Lets say seed trading is allowed here, as long as not cannabis right? Because i may catch myself trying to get some seeds of a foreign but still ordinary house plant. Im weird like that i just like plants in general doesn't need to be cannabis to enjoy it. Abide law

OfflineKrishnaDreamer
Stranger
Re: Best strain for equatorial tropics? [Re: AGrower]
    #794889 - 09/28/15 01:57 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Lol... What? ^^

Thanks ash again for excellent advice.

For growing outdoors even though it's the end of the season is there a way to start growing now and have a harvest at an irregular time in the season? I'm guessing not but I could be wrong.

Ps. I know you guys trade here, you can't trick me... Just kidding.

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery
    #794897 - 09/28/15 06:47 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Well,, yes. Seeing tht you are located in a tropical area you should be able to start plants (ones fit for your environment) just about anytime.. if it is not the warmest season, tr starting indoors and hardying them off outdoors. Basically if you havr the right strain, and the sun is as long for you as I think, you could possibly grow year round. They often do it in the caribbean this way wih both local strains and ones that yave been hybridized with said strain.

Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

OfflineKrishnaDreamer
Stranger
Re: Best strain for equatorial tropics? [Re: ashfiken]
    #794902 - 09/28/15 08:40 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Damn... That's fucking badass! :thumbup:

OfflineKrishnaDreamer
Stranger
    #795335 - 09/30/15 05:56 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

For growing outdoors, what's the easiest way to keep propagating future generations? Male and female sexing, ie. Seeds? Or is there some way I can produce clones?

Also, for male x female - is sexing  from the same lineage (incest, I guess?) acceptable? Or will I have to sex with say a different strain or seeds with a different mother and father?

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery
    #795337 - 09/30/15 06:47 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

KrishnaDreamer said:
For growing outdoors, what's the easiest way to keep propagating future generations? Male and female sexing, ie. Seeds? Or is there some way I can produce clones?

Also, for male x female - is sexing  from the same lineage (incest, I guess?) acceptable? Or will I have to sex with say a different strain or seeds with a different mother and father?

as far as  clones\seedsthats completely your bag..
you could take clones from acceptable  plants during veg  or you  can pollinate w maleand  take to seed.. your choice,  your  needs.
now  most  breeding is done to breed in  certain traiuts/phenos, for this yhou  typically use familial  lines to  keep the stock as true  as possible.
again depends on  your needs/wants.
you can cross two different strains where  youwould get a  vastly diverse population of  hybridized f1s.

cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

OfflineKrishnaDreamer
Stranger
Re: Best strain for equatorial tropics? [Re: ashfiken]
    #795591 - 10/02/15 12:47 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Shit... So gorilla won't ship to my location (Asia). Any recommendations for other seed providers that will?

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery
    #795596 - 10/02/15 05:57 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Try a netherlands seedbank(holland) maybe being on mainland europe they'll ship to ya.
Id have to do as much as search as you on which one to go with, but anyone who provides dna genetics/reserva privada would be.exceptional most likely. Google: nl seedbanks and also reviews of said banks. Maybe someone on here will chime in with some exp getting beans in asia/outta nl.
Hope this helps a little.

Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom