Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Indoor strains outdoors
    #452439 - 07/28/10 01:10 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

So I went to take a look at my neighbors grow to advise him on it.  He has two GDP clones and two "Boulder Creek Kush" clones from Harborside Dispensary.  They are about 14" tall each, the GDP are basically one main cola and the BCK are more bushy.  They are about two weeks into flowering on his balcony outdoors.  They are exposed to a lot of wind.

I was wondering what problems you think he will have, if any, growing indoor strains outdoors.  They look perfectly healthy so far.

The same neighbor is going to finish my outdoor plant after I leave next week.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethe man

Re: Indoor strains outdoors [Re: SmOakland]
    #452618 - 07/28/10 08:19 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

well tight buds can be a problem when they get so huge outside and its moist. and because sativas are equatorial they trigger flowers with less change in daylight hours where a indica needs a bit more drastic change generally speaking. so as long as it flowers on time and doesnt get mold or overly sensative to adverse conditions your fine.

why what where you thinking was th edif b/w indo and outdoor species.

i accept GDP cutting/seeds in return. haha :wink:

Edited by the man (07/28/10 08:20 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Indoor strains outdoors [Re: SmOakland]
    #452713 - 07/28/10 10:45 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

No such thing as a indoor or outdoor strain all of em can be grown in both places.

Some people say our buds are so dense moisture can't get in em.

Some say dense will mold faster.

Some plants show a little resistance to bugs now it called a outdoor strain while others will call it a indoor strain cause bugs can go nuts indoors if not controlled and a plant that shows resistance to them should be a indoor plant.

Some say airy bud plants should be indoor plants cause they need a lot of light while others call em outdoor cause the buds air out fast so they won't mold.

Kinda get what I'm saying here. :wink:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinethe man

Re: Indoor strains outdoors [Re: Magash]
    #452763 - 07/29/10 02:23 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

magash, you dont think (or know) they say that because of how easy flowering is triggered? it could be a 7 weeker but if in a bit more northern climate it doesnt trigger till august or something and then your likely hooped regardless of bud density etc. Also one other thing they will claim an outdoor is how hardy it is to cold hot dry, but if your taking care and know your climate your good to go. also if it grows like a thai or something. you cali folk have it a bit easy as 30% of gear seems to be from some oldschool cali north mex shiz

on another note,speaking of bug resistance, i like seeing plants that kill bugs with the trichs, GO NATURE!

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: Indoor strains outdoors [Re: the man]
    #452857 - 07/29/10 01:34 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Cool thanks for the info.  I went over there today and gave him a bottle of Tiger Bloom.  He had previously just used some bone meal and some lawn ferts :facepalm3:.
Quote:

the man said:

why what where you thinking was th edif b/w indo and outdoor species.

I was afraid that maybe GDP would end up with very loose buds if it was not flowered under exactly 12/12 or something like that.  It might also have been bred to require 100% darkness as in no moonlight or anything.

BTW has anyone heard of Boulder Creek Kush?  What kind of stuff should he expect from it?

Edited by SmOakland (07/29/10 01:35 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds