Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineimportguy89
Male

Need help asap. Harvesting questions. PLEASE ASSIST.
    #791005 - 08/27/15 05:52 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Ok so I'm in week 7 of flower. The strain I got is a 8week strain. Now it's my first grow and I've done a lot of research and a lot of people say to do atleast 2 weeks of flush. But a buddy of mine said I should do 3 weeks of flush. And he told me to use sugar in the raw. Mixed into my reservoir. Within 3 days of starting it I started to get yellowing going on. Now I know that it's ok to get yellowing during flush because the plant is pulling the nutes from the fan leaves. So now I'm 2 weeks of this sugar in the raw crap. Lots of yellowing and leaves drying and falling off. Still wasn't to worried about it until I started to see yellowing on my buds. So my big question is. Since I've already done 2 weeks of flush is it ok to harvest a week early to not cause any more yellowing and to just cut my losses. I don't really wanna wait the last week out and Chance more yellowing. Or even worse damaging what ever is salvageable. The buds still look ok and I've already removed the sugar In the raw from my reservoir. I'm not really to worried about my yield on this go around since it's my first grow. And I've already seen where I need to improve on things.  PLEASE someone give me some feedback. If I'm going to harvest I need to do it Saturday. Fast responses please

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
Re: Need help asap. Harvesting questions. PLEASE ASSIST. [Re: importguy89]
    #791190 - 08/27/15 11:42 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

If quality is going down hill fast as it seems to be, I would pull it now.
Im wondering if the yellowing is from the sugar killing your plant or if its just from flushing.
Ive only tried hydro and am by no means skilled at it but id imagine the flushing phase would be quicker and with a faster response than with soil... just a guess.

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
Re: Need help asap. Harvesting questions. PLEASE ASSIST. [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #791191 - 08/27/15 11:44 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

On the other hand... "8 week strain" doesnt mean much per se.
If you feel the bud isnt near being done and the plant could recover to produce more, then weigh that in as a possibility.
If however, you pumped your plant with chems and it died.  at that point, that would be a disaster.
Pulling it now is a safe route.

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

OfflineBob Weird
Stranger
Re: Need help asap. Harvesting questions. PLEASE ASSIST. [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #791228 - 08/28/15 12:40 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

My Suggestion: 3 week flush is not necessary. If you did a 3 week flush, that would mean stopping nutrients at the beginning of week 5.  And in my experience, depending on the substrate I'm growing in - Usually soil mixed with soil-less - I don't even start flowering nutes until the end of week 3.  That would mean only 2 weeks of nutrients and then a flush on an 8 week strain if i followed your method.

1-2 week flush (leaning towards 1 week) is much more reasonable. Also, Don't add sugar to the water, that is about as logical as a "water cure". :laugh:

If the buds are beginning to yellow, just chop it down.  If you're in week 7, have gone through flushing, and the buds are starting to yellow.  It's time to just take it down.

Offlineimportguy89
Male

Re: Need help asap. Harvesting questions. PLEASE ASSIST. [Re: Bob Weird]
    #791859 - 08/31/15 07:29 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Ok thanks for all the advice. I did cut them down. I wasn't having any yellowing problems before I started using sugar. Which was right at flush. I wasn't worried when the yellowing was on the leaves. It's just when it got to the buds is when it started concerning me.. But they are drying now so. At least I saved what I could. And learned from this and next time just 2 week water flush.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate