Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Any pH down alternatives that are actually beneficial for plants?
    #784233 - 07/04/15 07:35 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Im looking for nutrients/additives to add to my water that will drastically lower pH the way pH down will. My reason for this is Ive recently switched from RO water to tap water, and whatever they're putting in our local tap water is causing me to use an unreal amount of pH down to get my feed/water to 5.9.

Its not the cost I'm worried about, its the crazy amount of Phosphoric acid I have to use...it cant be good for my ladies. So what nutrients lower pH the most AND are beneficial to plants? Im currently using Canna A&B, they lower the pH a bit but not near enough by themselves.

--------------------
:firecum:

Edited by bEelzeBosS (07/04/15 07:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Any pH down alternatives that are actually beneficial for plants? [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #784235 - 07/04/15 07:59 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah if it seems like your using a lot then the stuff is mostly water. When you get the pure stuff a 20mil syringe will change a 55 gallon drum 4 full points.

I don't think you're harming the plants or using as much as you think you are.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: Any pH down alternatives that are actually beneficial for plants? [Re: Magash]
    #784236 - 07/04/15 08:23 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Im using GH pH down, I assumed it was pretty strong. Just a few drops lowers RO water in a hurry but it barely does anything to my tap water. The weird thing is my tap water starts out neutral, the same as RO so they must be adding some kind of strong buffer.

--------------------

OfflineMof
Male

Re: Any pH down alternatives that are actually beneficial for plants? [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #784256 - 07/05/15 02:31 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I had some bottled water that got recalled recently
the shit was at like 5.0 lol

so yeah always check your water
even if it's in a bottle
lesson learned

Edited by Mof (07/05/15 02:47 AM)

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
    #784260 - 07/05/15 06:52 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

stick with whats designed FOR plants...

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #784261 - 07/05/15 07:09 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

bEelzeBosS said:
Im using GH pH down, I assumed it was pretty strong. Just a few drops lowers RO water in a hurry but it barely does anything to my tap water. The weird thing is my tap water starts out neutral, the same as RO so they must be adding some kind of strong buffer.

Advanced nutrients makes VERY strong ph up and down. I used to use it. I still use their ph down in my flower rooms. I found GH's ph up and down to be very weak. I'd almost go through 1/2 quart buffering 60 gallons of feed. Not very cost effective. With advanced I used only 1.5 - 2 ml per 30 gallon reservoir.

If you're dead set on using nutrients to raise/lower your ph these are the two I have used. Humboldt's SI to raise your ph. Advanced Nutrients B-52 to lower. If you're growing more than 6 plants it'll get expensive real quick to manage your ph this way. You also have to be concerned with the increase in ppms.

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Re: Any pH down alternatives that are actually beneficial for plants? [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #784262 - 07/05/15 07:15 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

damn farmer joe, gone for a year and now you're back eh? where ya been at?

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: Any pH down alternatives that are actually beneficial for plants? [Re: CrushNazT]
    #784264 - 07/05/15 07:56 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

CrushNazT said:

lol I just asked him the same thing in another threaD :bigjoint:

I had the same prob. I was going  threw a bottle fast as hell. Till Mag told me about ph up and down i  powder form.
Now i mix my own how ever strong I like. I use powder nuts also. I will never pay/ship water around again.:baaaam:

Edited by budgrowerwannabe (07/05/15 08:01 AM)

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Re: Any pH down alternatives that are actually beneficial for plants? [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #784266 - 07/05/15 08:17 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

what kind of powder nutrients are you using? im tempted to try botanicare's growilla nutrients but i have a gallon of pure blend pro bloom im still workin on.

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: Any pH down alternatives that are actually beneficial for plants? [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #784267 - 07/05/15 08:19 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Farmer Joe said:

Advanced nutrients makes VERY strong ph up and down. I used to use it. I still use their ph down in my flower rooms. I found GH's ph up and down to be very weak. I'd almost go through 1/2 quart buffering 60 gallons of feed. Not very cost effective. With advanced I used only 1.5 - 2 ml per 30 gallon reservoir.

If you're dead set on using nutrients to raise/lower your ph these are the two I have used. Humboldt's SI to raise your ph. Advanced Nutrients B-52 to lower. If you're growing more than 6 plants it'll get expensive real quick to manage your ph this way. You also have to be concerned with the increase in ppms.

Thanks. I never need to raise my pH but it always needs lowered. I'll try AN pH down. I didnt even think of the PPM increase in using nutes instead of acid. its been a long week.

--------------------

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Any pH down alternatives that are actually beneficial for plants? [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #784269 - 07/05/15 08:31 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

CrushNazT said:

Back in action. I'll be around now. I spent the last yr tending multiple gardens. It was fun, but too much of a work load. Now I'm just taking care of my patients and working on getting my gf's grow up and running.

Quote:

budgrowerwannabe said:

I had the same prob. I was going  threw a bottle fast as hell. Till Mag told me about ph up and down i  powder form.
Now i mix my own how ever strong I like. I use powder nuts also. I will never pay/ship water around again.:baaaam:

I prefer the powders also. I use earth juice ph up. Love the stuff.

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#784330 - 07/05/15 05:36 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Woot woot! nice to have you back around! Glad nothing bad happen. 

I know you have some killer plants/room going!

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Re: Any pH down alternatives that are actually beneficial for plants? [Re: CrushNazT]
    #784922 - 07/10/15 08:42 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

CrushNazT said:
what kind of powder nutrients are you using?

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/731819#731819

Im never going back to expensive waters... :nono:

:baaaam:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:1:growingweed:3:growingweed:B:farmerdance:U:growingweed:D:growingweed:S:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Any pH down alternatives that are actually beneficial for plants? [Re: 13buds]
    #784933 - 07/10/15 10:47 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I'm still using the maxi line myself. I love that you never have to fuck with the ph with those nutrients.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom