Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

Re: First dab [Re: SleepAid]
    #778550 - 05/12/15 10:16 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

ya it keeps coming up in strong waves.  Have to sit down every time.  Mixed it with reishi and green tea extract.  My body can't decide if it is amped or lethargic lol.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleP-O

Re: First dab [Re: cheezymold]
    #778565 - 05/12/15 11:44 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

ill give it a try sometime...

Im thinkin of puttin a oz into a brick of coconut oil and letting it reharden then just keeping it around.  I like coconut oil in my coffee in the mornings, and this could be a easy way to dose it.

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
Re: First dab [Re: P-O]
    #778569 - 05/13/15 12:31 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I used to make rice crispy treats from that green butter. mighty strong.
That and cooking weed into cream and making green ice cream

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

Offlineclosed veil
'nother 'merican zombie
 User Gallery

Loc: land of the dead
    #778573 - 05/13/15 02:19 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SleepAid said:
-I grind up my bud (don't need more than a 1/2g of medical quality bud)
-toss it in the oven at 310F ish for about 15 minutes in a pyrex dish or something
-take it out, lightly coat the plant matter with coconut oil
-Heat water, add herb, simmer it just under a boil for about 20-30 minutes

Usually near the end I add creme and the usual ingredients for chai tea, just for flavour. Add some honey and consume.

I know most people will tell me that with the coconut oil n' boil method you don't need to decarb your weed in the oven or anything but I've tried both ways and feel using the oven first is the preferred method ( jus my opinon)

How much water?

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: First dab [Re: SleepAid] * 1
    #778583 - 05/13/15 05:49 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks dude I had tried previously but never really had it work. I like edibles a lot but never wanna use all my shit on it. I'll have to experiment because I just want a light high that'll last most of my day. I'll try a half gram and see how it goes.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Re: First dab [Re: closed veil]
    #778588 - 05/13/15 07:28 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
Thanks dude I had tried previously but never really had it work. I like edibles a lot but never wanna use all my shit on it. I'll have to experiment because I just want a light high that'll last most of my day. I'll try a half gram and see how it goes.

If you want a light high then it may be reasonable to use less than half a gram depending on your tolerance and all of those related factors.

Quote:

closed veil said:
How much water?

I use a medium sauce-pan that functionally holds about 6 cups of water at the most. I suppose that would depend on if you are sharing it with somebody or how much fluid you are willing to consume by yourself.

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #778593 - 05/13/15 09:06 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I might do a quarter gram to start, it's not like I'm gonna miss that small of an amount. I used to have higher tolerance but I haven't been smoking daily even anymore. But IDK, I still roast down 5-6 doobies every Saturday and smoke in between so we'll see. I'll let ya know how it goes when I get around to it.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Re: First dab [Re: RasJeph]
    #778613 - 05/13/15 11:08 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

If it helps at all with consideration in dosage, I am a heavy daily smoker.

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

#778614 - 05/13/15 11:15 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I think I will try this with butter next time.  The oil floated and clung to the mug so I had to make more tea in it to get it all.

OfflineBruceDabber
Stranger

#779197 - 05/18/15 08:24 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SleepAid said:
-toss it in the oven at 310F ish for about 15 minutes in a pyrex dish or something

Usually near the end I add creme and the usual ingredients for chai tea, just for flavour. Add some honey and consume.

I know most people will tell me that with the coconut oil n' boil method you don't need to decarb your weed in the oven or anything but I've tried both ways and feel using the oven first is the preferred method ( jus my opinon)

Fuck, I gotta get some flower.

Edit: could you go about this with a loose leaf green tea?

Edited by BruceDabber (05/18/15 08:25 PM)

OfflineSham87
マリオ
Male

Re: First dab [Re: BruceDabber]
    #779199 - 05/18/15 08:55 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Haven't dabbed in 3 years but have really been enjoying edibles lately.

--------------------
...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

#779217 - 05/19/15 08:37 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

BruceDabber said:
Quote:

SleepAid said:

I don't see why not, chai is just black tea and 5-8 spices depending on where you're from. Honestly just pot tastes fine by itself with some honey but I don't see what would stop you from adding green tea at the end to help the flavour. I guess just try not to use a tea that is too strong in caffeine, that would be my only suggestion - but really you can use whatever kind of tea you like, I'm sure, I just use chai out of personal preference and availability in my home.

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

OfflineBruceDabber
Stranger

#779244 - 05/19/15 02:03 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SleepAid said:
Quote:

BruceDabber said:
Quote:

SleepAid said:

I don't see why not, chai is just black tea and 5-8 spices depending on where you're from. Honestly just pot tastes fine by itself with some honey but I don't see what would stop you from adding green tea at the end to help the flavour. I guess just try not to use a tea that is too strong in caffeine, that would be my only suggestion - but really you can use whatever kind of tea you like, I'm sure, I just use chai out of personal preference and availability in my home.

Right, I was really just concerned with the loose leaf part, but I think it doesn't matter. A better question is could you use concentrate to make the tea? Maybe adapting a milk/cannaoil mixture.

Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

#779247 - 05/19/15 02:38 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Concentrates would be easier to make it for sure.  Just have to make sure you dose it properly or you will be in for a rough ride.  The leaf matter absorbs some of the oil and with such a small amount of material, it might be slightly wasteful compared to concentrates.

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

#779248 - 05/19/15 02:46 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

BruceDabber said:
Right, I was really just concerned with the loose leaf part, but I think it doesn't matter. A better question is could you use concentrate to make the tea? Maybe adapting a milk/cannaoil mixture.

Well the loose MJ and chai is in there so you have to strain it all at the end anyhow.

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

Edited by SleepAid (05/19/15 02:47 PM)

OfflineBruceDabber
Stranger

#779249 - 05/19/15 02:56 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

cheezymold said:
Concentrates would be easier to make it for sure.  Just have to make sure you dose it properly or you will be in for a rough ride.  The leaf matter absorbs some of the oil and with such a small amount of material, it might be slightly wasteful compared to concentrates.

Please explain. If using fresh concentrate (not reclaim) no decarb is required?
Also, please note I use a strainer (tea infuser) in the tea pot and only steep my green tea in the hot water for '1 minute' if using green tea (side note I steep darker teas such as black longer for 3-5 minutes). Keeping this in mind, how would I apply the concentrate?

Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

Re: First dab [Re: BruceDabber] * 1
    #779254 - 05/19/15 03:27 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

You will need to decarb it for sure.  I personally wouldn't use a high quality concentrate to make it. Would rather just smoke it lol.  I think using some of the lower grade stuff when making bubble hash would be perfect.  Sleepaid's method is nice because it is inexpensive to make.  I don't think the blend of tea makes much difference, just really for taste.  I personally prefer my tea pungent rather than sweet. 

The thing you need to think about is the decarb.  Water boils at it hottest 212f without being under pressure.  If you do not decarb the material beforehand, you will need to boil it for much longer to make the THC active.  I find it easier to decarb beforehand. 

This chart just deals with THC.  At the higher temps, CBD and other terps will evaporate as well.  So in theory, if you want something more stoney, use a lower temp over a longer time. If you want something racey, use the higher temp with a lower time.  This will be strongly dependent on your strain though.

OfflineBruceDabber
Stranger

#779255 - 05/19/15 03:51 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

cheezymold said:
You will need to decarb it for sure.  I personally wouldn't use a high quality concentrate to make it. Would rather just smoke it lol.  I think using some of the lower grade stuff when making bubble hash would be perfect.  Sleepaid's method is nice because it is inexpensive to make.  I don't think the blend of tea makes much difference, just really for taste.  I personally prefer my tea pungent rather than sweet. 

The thing you need to think about is the decarb.  Water boils at it hottest 212f without being under pressure.  If you do not decarb the material beforehand, you will need to boil it for much longer to make the THC active.  I find it easier to decarb beforehand. 

This chart just deals with THC.  At the higher temps, CBD and other terps will evaporate as well.  So in theory, if you want something more stoney, use a lower temp over a longer time. If you want something racey, use the higher temp with a lower time.  This will be strongly dependent on your strain though.

Thank you for coming through on that! It is unfortunate that a quality concentrate is a waste. I think I'll forgo on the concentrate concoction and just go pick up some well needed flower.

Invisiblenannybooboo
 User Gallery
Re: First dab [Re: BruceDabber] * 4
    #779305 - 05/20/15 01:39 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Dab

Edited by Stoneth (05/22/15 12:25 AM)

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Re: First dab [Re: nannybooboo] * 1
    #779462 - 05/21/15 11:52 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom