Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblebmac420
Realist

600W Apollo LED grow- Lady Burn 1974 & Northern Lights:SCROG-**5/27 NEW PICS! and UPDATE**
    #774541 - 03/31/15 09:26 AM (9 years, 22 hours ago)

Whats up Growery!  I'm baaaaaaaaack. 
Glad to be back in the mix.  This time around I'm in a different state and this time teaming up with my brother in this venture. 

We have a 5'x 5' grow space which will eventually be our flower room.  We have an additional 2'x 3' space for our veg space.  On this first grow due to scheduling conflicts we are going to grow 3 Lady Burn 1974 from seed to harvest.  On our next cycle, we will be growing a mother, and clipping from her for the foreseeable future.

We are using 2, 300 watt Apollo Horticulture LED grow lights.  We will be adding another 300 watts of light upon start of flowering. 
Also, my preferred method of growing is ScrOg, so we will be putting the net over the ladies as soon as we cut and train them nicely.  keep checking back for updates on this log.  In my signature is the link to my previous grows. 

Edited by bmac420 (05/27/15 09:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: 600W Apollo LED grow- Lady Burn 1974: Greenhouse Seeds SCROG [Re: bmac420]
    #774566 - 03/31/15 02:16 PM (9 years, 18 hours ago)

I have that same LED. Great for vegging, but dont expect much for harvest weight...compared to 600W HPS anyway.

Looking forward to this journal, Ive been debating on trying out a SCROG grow myself soon.

--------------------
:firecum:

Invisiblebmac420
Realist

Re: 600W Apollo LED grow- Lady Burn 1974: Greenhouse Seeds SCROG [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #774571 - 03/31/15 02:46 PM (9 years, 17 hours ago)

oh really?  I read reviews on it, and to be honest they were mixed reviews.

Do you have any idea why it doesnt work well for flowering?  Man, that concerns me...

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#774736 - 04/01/15 04:47 AM (9 years, 3 hours ago)

It's just a cheap LED and doesn't put out near the light as a HPS or a quality more expensive LED. You'll get some decent top colas if you keep them really close, but they're not powerful enough to penetrate through the canopy. A scrog or SoG is definitely your best bet.

--------------------

Invisiblebmac420
Realist

Re: 600W Apollo LED grow- Lady Burn 1974: Greenhouse Seeds SCROG [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #774751 - 04/01/15 08:09 AM (9 years, 9 minutes ago)

Quote:

bEelzeBosS said:
It's just a cheap LED and doesn't put out near the light as a HPS or a quality more expensive LED. You'll get some decent top colas if you keep them really close, but they're not powerful enough to penetrate through the canopy. A scrog or SoG is definitely your best bet.

Thanks BEeiz

Well that makes me feel somewhat better about the deal.  Since I do scrog method it doesnt need much penetration strength.  I was curious to see if you had stated the light lacks RED UV light.  Which is one of the reviews on read on the unit.  So I have two of these.  And for the space we are using I would think that two of these will do just fine for the canopy. 
I am considering adding two RED LED grow panels, to give the plant the reds it needs to help out the budding. 

but again, thanks for the heads up bEeiz

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #774846 - 04/01/15 09:18 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Cheap LED's don't have the power to flower bud to its full potential. Even when you add a bunch of them its still questionable. I would recommend you save up for a decent LED instead of chasing the quality by buying a bunch of cheap fixtures that won't compare.

Your 600w LED is more like a 300-330 fixture most likely-- part of the marketing that comes with the territory.

I'm currently recommending Advanced LED's XML650 for $1600 (call for discount) that has a lifetime warranty and will send you replacement parts to keep it operational for as long as they are in business. In the long run its much cheaper than replacing those generics, as well as pay for itself in added production within the first harvest or two.

http://advancedledlights.com/3w-led-grow-lights/new-diamond-series-xml-10w-cree-xml/

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Invisiblebmac420
Realist

Re: 600W Apollo LED grow- Lady Burn 1974: Greenhouse Seeds SCROG [Re: phychotron]
    #774885 - 04/02/15 08:52 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Cheap LED's don't have the power to flower bud to its full potential. Even when you add a bunch of them its still questionable. I would recommend you save up for a decent LED instead of chasing the quality by buying a bunch of cheap fixtures that won't compare.

Your 600w LED is more like a 300-330 fixture most likely-- part of the marketing that comes with the territory.

I'm currently recommending Advanced LED's XML650 for $1600 (call for discount) that has a lifetime warranty and will send you replacement parts to keep it operational for as long as they are in business. In the long run its much cheaper than replacing those generics, as well as pay for itself in added production within the first harvest or two.

http://advancedledlights.com/3w-led-grow-lights/new-diamond-series-xml-10w-cree-xml/

I just dont think we can flip that bill....
I do appreciate the heads up though.  Here's my question to you- we have a 400w mh/hps unit.  do you think adding that to our light setup will change things?

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #774901 - 04/02/15 12:11 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

If you want to use the entire 5x5 area then yes, use the HPS as a primary light source with the LED's on the sides. I would say those LED's are good for roughly 2x2' area each.

I understand not being able to front the cash, but its worth investing in if you really wanted to go with LED. Think of it for your next LED purchase, as those cheap one's really can't do the plant justice and its not worth throwing more of them in. They will end up costing a lot more in the long run if you keep buying generic.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#774905 - 04/02/15 03:31 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

bmac420 said:
I just dont think we can flip that bill....
I do appreciate the heads up though.  Here's my question to you- we have a 400w mh/hps unit.  do you think adding that to our light setup will change things?

Like phycho said, that 400W HPS should definitely be used as your main light. For veg the LED's should be plenty, no need to waste electricity but for flower that 400W HPS with those two LED's should give really good results.

--------------------

Edited by bEelzeBosS (04/02/15 05:17 PM)

Invisiblebmac420
Realist

#775309 - 04/06/15 01:20 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Whats up guys.

So this isnt the post I wanted to be making right about this time, but I have to do it. 
After we transplanted our ladies from the seedling cubes to the next size pot, and into the Fox Farm soil, it seems like we have stunted the growth of our girls.  I've grown three or four times in my life and never come across anything like this.  see pictures below:

(sorry about the sideways pictures, they uploaded like that and I cant seem to fix it.) 

so ya, there it is.  all of our seedlings popped out of the soil and seemed to be fine.  Right at transplant into FF soil something happened where they turned into that.  its been 2.5 weeks since seeds were cracked. 
hopefully someone has some insight here as to what went wrong. 

cheers

bmac

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #775312 - 04/06/15 03:07 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

I know foxfarm is suppose to be some good soil, but from the looks of it I would guess its not aerated enough. It has that look of too dense of material, although its really hard to tell from photos alone.

Are you over watering? It looks like the stem is green in that second pic, but the third its purple and the soil looks much denser, makes it look like you watered before it even grew and used the water it had.

--------------------

Invisiblebmac420
Realist

Re: 600W Apollo LED grow- Lady Burn 1974: Greenhouse Seeds SCROG [Re: phychotron]
    #775319 - 04/06/15 03:35 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Okay.  So what I can do is replant them in a different container.  These ones that I have absorb too much water possibly? 
I'll transplant and add some more perlite? 

Let me know if you have any other options or anything else you suggest. 

Thanks

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #775330 - 04/06/15 04:50 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Its gonna be risky, but I would try and get a little bit more perlite in there. Your soil LOOKS like the type that is dense and not very aerated.  I'm assuming your root mass is not going to be that developed, but you'll need to work around that as carefull as possible. I'd try and wash some of the outer soil away if possible to get the new soil touching the roots.

--------------------

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery

#775416 - 04/07/15 08:12 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Ive used fox farm in the past. And I just may put out there that when I have I have "watered it down". Added perlite, and coco, spent soil.
Ive tampered quite a bit. It seems that ffof, at least, is perfect strength for some strains, I think. But, others burn like a mofo , as its just too strong , hence it being a decent 'leave it be' medium.
But this I would only do going into vegg...
I'd never put seedlings in ff soil.

Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

Invisiblebmac420
Realist

Re: 600W Apollo LED grow- Lady Burn 1974: Greenhouse Seeds SCROG [Re: ashfiken]
    #776570 - 04/20/15 07:55 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Whats up yall

Its been a good couple weeks since I last posted. 
In the last post I let you all know that our ladies were somewhat sick, and not growing very much...phsycotron suggested to transplant and wash all the old soil off of the roots.  This seemed to do the trick, so I thank you phsycotron.

below are some pics of our very healthy Lady Burn 1974's.

they have since been topped and are going to be in a new container in about a week. 

in the meantime, since our first 3 girls were struggling we decided to pop another 3 just in case we stunted the other ones too much, effecting the yield.

so here are 3 Ministry of Cannabis Northern Lights

so there it is.  we should be seeing some nice growth over the next few weeks.

side note:  we are using the "lucas formula" nute schedule.  We did 1/4 nute feeding on the Lady Burns last watering.  Seemed to help them a lot. 

thanks for checking in...

bmac

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #776578 - 04/20/15 09:18 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Wow those are looking much better. Glad to know it worked out well.

--------------------

Invisiblebmac420
Realist

#777142 - 04/27/15 07:59 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Good day yall
We are on the 6th week of veg with our Lady Burn 1974's.

We just transplanted to their forever homes (5gal buckets)/ we intended to have much bigger growing containers, but the space we have just didnt allow it to happen.  here are some pics under the LED's

we seem to have a deficiency in a couple of our Lady Burns...we think its a boron deficiency but if any of you guys have another idea on what it is please let me know.  We noticed our waters pH (with nutes) is a little off... check out these pics in natural light.... The water tested at 5.8 last night :frown:

so theres that....we also have 3 Northern Lights that have been put in 5 gal buckets. They are on their 4th week of veg. check em out!  They look pretty good.

Thank for popping in guys-

bmac

OfflineTheHeisenberg
The World Is Yours
Male

#777195 - 04/28/15 01:02 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Them are some beauts man:rockon:

--------------------
Knowledge is power.

Invisiblebmac420
Realist

Re: 600W Apollo LED grow- Lady Burn 1974: Greenhouse Seeds SCROG [Re: TheHeisenberg]
    #780179 - 05/27/15 09:17 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Whats up growery. 
Its been a while since we made a post.  All has been going very well for us.  since my last post we have installed a 400w MH/HPS cool hood light. 
here is a chronological picture timeline of our grow:

early to mid april :

mid to late april:

early to mid may:

mid mad to present:

so there you have it.  its been a challenge trying to dial in a new grow space, but after a couple months we are ready to flower.
this weekend we will be introducing the ladies to the HPS bulb, and a couple days after that we are flipping to 12/12. 

make sure to check back for the fun part, THE BUDSSSSSSS!!

Cheers yall

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery

#780231 - 05/28/15 11:52 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Very nice scrog sir nice to see the leds in use as well.
Beautiful stuff, hope it finishes nicely for ya.

Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom