Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

SoG Solo Cup Log - Advanced Kaya 47 and Feminized Double Berry
    #771142 - 03/06/15 10:57 PM (9 years, 24 days ago)

This is my first log and it probably wont be very interesting because Im too lazy to go into much detail and I take shitty pictures but here it is anyway. I have 29 sativa dominant Advanced Seeds Kaya47 clones going right now and one nice healthy indica dominant Feminized Double Berry that I plan on turning into another SoG once the Kayas are finished.

So far Im already pretty far into this grow but have been taking pics for awhile so I'll post what has taken place so far and update from now on. Im pretty paranoid about this kind of shit so I dont know how long I'll leave them up.

I have an extremely small grow space, growing out of a 10 ft x 15 ft closet split in half for veg/flower. My veg lights are some random CFL's and this cheap LED that surprisingly has done a great job so far. I wouldn't even think about trying to flower with it but its fine for veg.

My flower light is a Hortilux 600W Super HPS powered by a cheap Apollo digital ballast.

The medium is coco/perlite, and Im using Canna A&B nutes. Ive tried growing in soil and had success but I LOVE coco. To me its much more forgiving and easier to control, although it is quite a bit more work with the constant feeding that is required.

This is the first pic I have, taken on Feb 3. The cuttings are from the Advanced Kaya47 and were just taken that day. I had a pic before I chopped them all up but I must have accidentally deleted it. The plant on the right is the Feminized Seeds Double Berry. Im keeping it as a mom until the Kaya's are almost ready to harvest because like I said before my space is extremely limited. It wasn't as unhappy as it looks in the pic, it was just taken about 20 minutes before lights out.

These next two pics were taken Feb 16th, the day I transferred my Kaya clones from the aerocloaner to the solo cups. The Double Berry was moved temporarily to my flower area since I didn't have anything flowering at the time and placed under some shitty CFL's.

These next two were taken 5 days later on Feb 21st, I have no rhyme or reason for when I decide take pics, these are just to show progress I guess. (I know I suck at logs, feel free to stop reading at anytime :tongue2:)

And three days later on Feb 24th, notice the double Berry starting to stretch under the shitty CFL's...

These next two were taken four days later on Feb 28th, the Double Berry was moved back to the LED veg area and the Kaya's were finally moved to flower. I let my last SoG grow of Afghan Kush x Yumboldt get quite a bit taller before switching to flower because they were heavy indica dominate but these Kayas are sativa dominant so I decided to start flowering earlier expecting them to stretch. Coming up you'll see why.

And finally, these were taken today (3/6). The Double Berry is looking great and healthy as can be. The Kayas are as close to the 600W HPS as I can get them without causing heat problems but are still stretching way more than I anticipated (damn sativa) but are still growing well and very healthy.

If you notice in the DB pic I have three more of the Kayas still in veg, these were the runts that I havent decided what to do with yet.

I'll try to start taking better pics and keep this updated.

--------------------
:firecum:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: SoG Solo Cup Log - Advanced Kaya 47 and Feminized Double Berry [Re: bEelzeBosS] * 1
    #771143 - 03/06/15 11:01 PM (9 years, 24 days ago)

:popcorn:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: SoG Solo Cup Log - Advanced Kaya 47 and Feminized Double Berry [Re: Deadkndys420] * 1
    #771147 - 03/06/15 11:50 PM (9 years, 24 days ago)

Should be fun to watch this one pan out. Good to see the LED is vegging well, that's pretty much all those cheap one's are good for. I'm still using some cheap generics in veg until they die completely.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: SoG Solo Cup Log - Advanced Kaya 47 and Feminized Double Berry [Re: phychotron]
    #771207 - 03/08/15 08:23 AM (9 years, 22 days ago)

3/8/15

DB getting too big for the tent, cant close it now. Need to cut it back but dont have room for anymore clones and nobody to give them to.

Kaya clones are stretching about an inch/day and are only about 24 inches from the HPS. Anyone think I should cut off the new branches so that when they do start to flower the plants energy will focus more on the main cola or should I just leave them alone?

--------------------

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: SoG Solo Cup Log - Advanced Kaya 47 and Feminized Double Berry [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #771348 - 03/09/15 03:45 PM (9 years, 21 days ago)

So last night I was messing with my timer and accidentally left it to outlet on all night instead of timer on.

My Kaya's havent had a lights out in 32 hours now and they're supposed to be on a 12/12 schedule. Hope they dont herm on me now.

:doublefacepalm:

--------------------

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: SoG Solo Cup Log - Advanced Kaya 47 and Feminized Double Berry [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #771517 - 03/10/15 02:37 PM (9 years, 20 days ago)

3/10 - Kaya 47's starting to flower

--------------------

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
    #771546 - 03/10/15 07:16 PM (9 years, 20 days ago)

Did you have any problems last time with them getting rootbound and fucking up in those little cups?? I remember you saying before that thy did good.  Somehow I've had issues even in veg with small cups. I think the soil is so rich and loamy they go nuts on me

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: SoG Solo Cup Log - Advanced Kaya 47 and Feminized Double Berry [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #771556 - 03/10/15 07:43 PM (9 years, 20 days ago)

No problem at all last time and none so far this time. I grow in coco and feed everyday, dont know if that has anything to do with it or not. The last batch I did in solo cups did seem pretty root bound when I dumped after harvest but there werent any adverse effects from it, I got about a half oz per plant.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #771564 - 03/10/15 09:03 PM (9 years, 20 days ago)

I think everyone should try the 1L AirPot. It takes the same footprint as a 2 liter bottle but is ideal for small plants. I use them in early veg to prepare to transplant into a larger pot, but they dominate small plant growth.

Clone that was cut off the mother 27 days prior (aerocloner first week). I cut off the tips of the leaves of the original clone off, most of that is new growth.

Veg day 0(roots), day 1, day 12

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: SoG Solo Cup Log - Advanced Kaya 47 and Feminized Double Berry [Re: phychotron]
    #772362 - 03/16/15 06:48 PM (9 years, 14 days ago)

3/16: Progressing nicely.

Double Berry - this thing is huge, especially for being in an only 1 gallon pot.

Kaya 47's

--------------------

InvisibleP-O

#772664 - 03/17/15 10:22 PM (9 years, 13 days ago)

nice grow dude

im surprised they get so big in just a dixie cup :eek:

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: SoG Solo Cup Log - Advanced Kaya 47 and Feminized Double Berry [Re: P-O]
    #772702 - 03/18/15 08:03 AM (9 years, 12 days ago)

I know, my last batch netted a half oz dry per cup. It was an indica strain though and they didn't stretch so much. These are sativas and I can already tell they're gonna need a lot of support once those buds start to mature.

--------------------

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#773182 - 03/22/15 10:08 AM (9 years, 8 days ago)

3/22: Everything going great. I think Im going to end up getting more than a half/cup from this batch!

--------------------

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

#773224 - 03/22/15 02:25 PM (9 years, 8 days ago)

Badass man. I hope you do

--------------------

InvisibleP-O

Re: SoG Solo Cup Log - Advanced Kaya 47 and Feminized Double Berry [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #773695 - 03/25/15 11:27 PM (9 years, 5 days ago)

what do you feed em (everyday?) ? 

I like this idea of lots of small plants instead of a few big ones.  mag seemed to have good success with dixie cup sog too

make sure too keep us updated.  i wanna see how these these girls do :hi5:

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: SoG Solo Cup Log - Advanced Kaya 47 and Feminized Double Berry [Re: P-O]
    #773718 - 03/26/15 06:28 AM (9 years, 5 days ago)

Right now they're getting 600PPM Canna A&B. Once the buds are close to being fully developed I'll cut that in half for a week and replace it with Canna PK 13/14.

Ive tried several growing methods, and for a small space this is by far the best way to do it in my experience. I'll get three times the harvest than I would from four big plants (all I can fit).

The only downside is the everyday feeding. If I miss one day they'll wilt, so I really cant leave town for more than a day until they finish. And when they're done I'll have 30 clones from my Double Berry ready to take their place.

--------------------

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#773726 - 03/26/15 09:10 AM (9 years, 4 days ago)

3/26:

--------------------

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

#773756 - 03/26/15 03:21 PM (9 years, 4 days ago)

Maybe someday get some cheap fish tank parts and rig a simple hydro drip with your coco .
Then you could go camping n shit

--------------------

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: SoG Solo Cup Log - Advanced Kaya 47 and Feminized Double Berry [Re: oeric mckenna] * 1
    #773759 - 03/26/15 03:34 PM (9 years, 4 days ago)

Yeah I thought about that, I probably will eventually.

--------------------

InvisibleP-O

#775353 - 04/06/15 07:54 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

update?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck