Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lemon Grinderz OGK - Bean Boyz GROWERY SPONSOR grow log [Re: dmtcorey]
    #618138 - 04/14/12 02:32 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Rockwool for the win.  You just have to soak it overnight in pH'd water at 5.5 or so.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

Re: Lemon Grinderz OGK - Bean Boyz GROWERY SPONSOR grow log [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #618235 - 04/14/12 06:21 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

what is the differnce in soaking for 5 min compaired to over night ?could have been the problem !tryed the cube slabs one and only got %50 so i just went back to the peat pucks

--------------------
:whereismiddleman:

Offlinethe man

#618244 - 04/14/12 08:55 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

the ph is the dif..  how much REALLY it affects it is questionable

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lemon Grinderz OGK - Bean Boyz GROWERY SPONSOR grow log [Re: the man]
    #618267 - 04/14/12 11:18 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Well if the pH of the rockwoll is at like 8 or so, I would think it would have quite an impact.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Lemon Grinderz OGK - Bean Boyz GROWERY SPONSOR grow log [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #618297 - 04/15/12 05:42 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I rarely have trouble with it. I like it a lot because if a plant ends up being a super stretchy sativa, it gives it an extra footing that it doesn't always get in coir. Especially because coir loosens up so much when it dries out.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflinebeanboyzgeneticsV
Breeder

Loc: Amsterdam - Cali
Re: Lemon Grinderz OGK - Bean Boyz GROWERY SPONSOR grow log [Re: RasJeph]
    #618355 - 04/15/12 04:50 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Hey Rasjep ~ I'm wonder'n if you rinsed the coir? That shit is so salty, my choice is Pro-Mix BX , , great for the roots as it has the beastees in it, needs no PH , , and is a kick ass way of getting my F-1's to use their Hybrid vigor. Things appear a tad SOFT, everything should be pointing towards the lights, maybe a bit too wet? These are simply my suggestion, I haven't checked in to see how you were doing, Clops told me all the 7 popped, which isn't unusual for my gear. I use Seaweed extracts every third watering, is a super way to improve viability.
The lemon Grinderz I have running here at the Battcave are off the charts lemon/fuel/funky/and they're only at 21 dayz of flowering. The larger the plant, the stronger the resin , , but not a rule.
Subcool hates large plants, says that the tch is limited, so larger is diluted by its sheer size. I disagree. Sounds weird, and against my growing experience over 43 years.
The end proof is always in the results, , , If anyone supports the legalizing of herb , , , get off the soapbox, and start growing HERB !
Then and only then will it be legal.
Battman/Breeder/BeanBoyz

--------------------
Our Bean Boyz mission will be to bring into the world the best, most interesting genetics we can possibly create i.e.  genetics that we, ourselves, love and strongly believe in.  After creating these unique hybrid genetics', we'll then make them available for the best price we can possibly live with, while still making our lives better by what we've created. In short, ":what we believe in" is more important than anything else. This belief will be the 'tracks' we'll run on, the most important path we will follow.

Batts

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Lemon Grinderz OGK - Bean Boyz GROWERY SPONSOR grow log [Re: beanboyzgenetics]
    #618472 - 04/16/12 08:12 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, I didn't rinse it as good as I should have. Whenever I start in coir the plants have a slow go because I'm not sure when to feed them to begin with.

I gave a 1/4 feeding, and they've started growing pretty fast now. Starting their first true leaf set :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #618491 - 04/16/12 11:39 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

dmtcorey said:
what is the differnce in soaking for 5 min compaired to over night ?could have been the problem !tryed the cube slabs one and only got %50 so i just went back to the peat pucks

pH adjustment isn't instantaneous. Since pH is a function of Hydrogen ion concentration within solution, it takes awhile for the reagents (pH up and down in this case) to catalyze the suspended compounds that are creating an alkaline or acidic solution.

--------------------

OfflinebeanboyzgeneticsV
Breeder

#618517 - 04/16/12 01:09 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

LOL WE here at BBG hate rockwool too!
When it comes to Dank, Go Big or Go Home , , ,
Rasta vibe to all , ,

Battman/BBG

--------------------
Our Bean Boyz mission will be to bring into the world the best, most interesting genetics we can possibly create i.e.  genetics that we, ourselves, love and strongly believe in.  After creating these unique hybrid genetics', we'll then make them available for the best price we can possibly live with, while still making our lives better by what we've created. In short, ":what we believe in" is more important than anything else. This belief will be the 'tracks' we'll run on, the most important path we will follow.

Batts

OfflinebeanboyzgeneticsV
Breeder

#618521 - 04/16/12 01:27 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Jeph , , checking in on you Danksters here at the Growery. Growing indoors in 5 gallon buc shouldn't require drain holes. If you are outdoors, it rains in them, and yes dude, yous need them like crazy.
I do things by weight , , , I know what is correct jess by lift'n.
With holes indoors, the water runs out the holes before it soaks in.
5 gallon buckets require water about every 3rd day inside. I let them dry out too , , , as  stress is great way to increase the resin production, and good for them roots too.
I make my own soils here, love the hybrid vigor I get with it. The advantage of hybrids is this vigor.
I realize peeps want to grow in space ships, in mid air, in tubes, steel wool, yet olde tech might be abandon too quickly?
A quick way to grow with ease is Pro-Mix BX , forget the PH, forget the hassles , relax, roll a small reef(larger the less THC transfer)
Fill a 5 gallon 4/5 way with PMBX, dusting time release in the bottom for when the roots get larger. Larger roots mean larger buds. What you cannot see is the most exciting part of the grow , ROOTS !
Buds can and often do lie to us , , , ever see Hemp? LOL !
Battman/BeanBoyz Gentics

--------------------

Batts

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lemon Grinderz OGK - Bean Boyz GROWERY SPONSOR grow log [Re: beanboyzgenetics]
    #618661 - 04/16/12 10:42 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

beanboyzgenetics said:
Rasta vibe to all , ,

Battman/BBG

What does rockwool have to do with going big?  Are they mutually exclusive in some way?

--------------------

Invisibleunknown
Mr.

Re: Lemon Grinderz OGK - Bean Boyz GROWERY SPONSOR grow log [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #618782 - 04/17/12 05:25 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

:popcorn:

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lemon Grinderz OGK - Bean Boyz GROWERY SPONSOR grow log [Re: unknown]
    #618786 - 04/17/12 05:40 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I love rockwool.  It's what I use to clone all the time.  Works great for me.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

Re: Lemon Grinderz OGK - Bean Boyz GROWERY SPONSOR grow log [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #620663 - 04/29/12 10:25 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

thanks for clearing that up mr ball sack,think ill just stay wit the peat pucks since there down in the ph 5 range anyway ,stay with what works well i guess,little extra work but hey !

--------------------
:whereismiddleman:

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #620670 - 04/29/12 11:46 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Quote:

beanboyzgenetics said:
Rasta vibe to all , ,

Battman/BBG

What does rockwool have to do with going big?  Are they mutually exclusive in some way?

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #625695 - 06/02/12 04:47 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

So how's this grow going?  I'm really interested in what they're genetics are like.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#625827 - 06/03/12 11:16 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

God I feel like such a dickbutt for not posting in this thread. I've had a lot of shit going on in the past few months, including a really REALLY hot early summer that made me have to redesign my entire grow room. I can usually go to early July before I have any trouble, but I was getting August heat in May.

Its so funny you bumped this because I didn't even look here. I pulled out my girl today to water her and figured it was definitely time for an update.

Shes 2 weeks in flower, however many weeks vegged. Not a spec of burn even though I've switched to FloraNova and I'm not familiar with it. Showing mainly its kush part as far as I can tell.

Very very little odor, which I'm loving.

I got 1 female out of the bunch...it seems my luck is always shit when it comes to regular seeds.

This has just been one of those times where the grow is fine, but everything else in my life is fucking me around and preventing the attention it deserves haha.

A little stretchy, but thats probably my fault.

I've managed to lose my good fucking camera somehow, but as she gets some trichs I'll borrow one of my homies cameras.

Once again, I feel really bad for slacking on this. I've just been getting fucked around a lot lately.

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#625828 - 06/03/12 11:18 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Oh, and I topped once (twice?) and shes in a 3 gallon bucket. Its the best I could do with all the other factors I had to work with (the new room, the heat, etc).

Shes a little top heavy so I might have to support her with stakes or something. Couldn't really bush it out like I wish I could have because I had to take down the entire veg room to make this work.

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #626049 - 06/04/12 06:06 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Looking good, I'm very interested in seeing what these guys genetics are like.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Lemon Grinderz OGK - Bean Boyz GROWERY SPONSOR grow log [Re: Hawksresurrection] * 1
    #626253 - 06/06/12 04:56 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, I'll definitely update once it starts to get frosty with some macros if I can find a good camera.

Probably around the beginning of week 5, thats when it usually starts to get really noticeable.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds