Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelorrainesic
Stranger

Auto Grow 300HPS Purple Express (newbie) *UPDATES
    #769149 - 02/15/15 04:52 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Sup guys I'm a newbie here to share my auto Northern Lights and GDP grow, I'm very open to advice at this point.

Set up:
Grow tent 5ft wide, 3ft tall (My tent was much taller than I had thought so I ended up laying it on its side and if the plants get too tall I can cut a hole in the bottom and dig a hole to lower the plants.) My grow is outside but inside a green house

Stealthy, I have a 4" fan sucking air through a carbon filter blowing the air out of the side of the greenhouse. Across the tent I have my 150HPS Lamp hooked up. Inside I also have a small office fan, and two heaters and a humidifier with everything set on timers.

The humidifier goes off every other hour and the lights are set on 18/6. The 4" fan runs 24/7 and my other small fans/heaters run when I need them too depending on the weather outside.

I'm using distilled water and foxfarm ocean soil.

These are my first 4 days of my GDP. My northern lights is taking off a bit slow but I will have pics

GDP seedling

Northern lights

Thanks!

update

1 week old

just transferred my gdp from a 32 oz clear cup to a 2 gallon bucket with holes drilled in the bottom because my plant had some sagging leaves and I realized the roots were showing through the clear cup getting a lot of light:/ plant seems to be recovering fine and likes its new home:)

transferring to the 2 gal was a success:) growth is continuing as normal

Just fed Open Seasme and Flower Kiss

amazing growth over night!:smile:

More rapid growth, showed her gender today:) Purple express

this is my mutant northern lights :/

okay so I flushed this baby yesterday and it seems to be fine, it's a 2 gal bucket of soil and I poured chlorine free water (6 gallons) in it slowly and my drainage system worked great:) good number of hairs are turning red, and I just got my drying set up ready and got a magnifiying glass!

on another note, my little northern lights mutant seedling grew out of its mutant form and is now a beautiful bushy plant actually bigger than my purple express!:smile: (GDP on right, NL on left)

okay so more hairs are turning red, and that micro pic is from 2 days ago, I noticed about 20% clear, 70% cloudy, and 10% Amber tricromes :smile: now I think it's more like 10%,60%,30% :laugh:

harvested 2 days ago, now curing thanks guys looks and smells amazing!

Edited by lorrainesic (04/04/15 09:51 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
Re: 1st Time Auto Grow 150 HPS [Re: lorrainesic]
    #769165 - 02/15/15 07:48 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Sweet. Good luck with it

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

Offlinelorrainesic
Stranger

Re: 1st Time Auto Grow 150 HPS [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #771961 - 03/13/15 03:00 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Guys I'm getting so pumped!

Started flowering and I began feeding it open seasme, and now I'm starting to feed it big bloomz from fox farm.

smells great looks healthy! had to cut one big fan leaf off that I couldn't tuck, and it was blocking light too nearly all the buds. now all the buds have light and the plant seemed to take the cut without stress which I was afraid of:p

how much longer you guys think this has? I know it's early in the flowering stage still lol it's an auto purple express strain

appreciate all the help guys! Sweet and sour trainwreck, Tijuana, and northern lights on the way!!
woot :laugh:

--------------------

“I think people need to be educated to the fact that marijuana is not a drug. Marijuana is an herb and a flower. God put it here. If He put it here and He wants it to grow, what gives the government the right to say that God is wrong?”
Willie Nelson quotes

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

#771984 - 03/13/15 06:35 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

You probably have like 6 weeks left (?)
The top of it kind of looks like its starting to bum a bit. Not saying its overly worrisome per se.
Just an observation. That droopy look means she's not happy.
In my garden I often see various clues to the plants nutrient uptake situation based on the way it holds its leaves.  When my plants are absorbing what I'm giving them and using it well, they often point slightly upward.

Leaves lightening in color (that is not from cold) , pointing downward, curling, stiffening:
Are problems worth investigating. if only for future reference.

If your ph is way off, its better to give your plant no nutrients than to give it some.
Giving a plant food it can't eat can hamper of even kill it.

So, that's the biggest misconception of growing.
A better question a grower can ask than " am I feeding my plant"? is " what is my plant able to absorb"?
  The leaves are where your aftermath clues are.
Point being, anything other than thriving: revert to neutral , chlorine free water.
The more work a plant does, with brighter lights, the more this needs to be on point.

Just my take on this but, don't worry about cutting leaves out of the way. Its the leaves themselves that do the most work in light absorption. Some of the freshest, stickiest buds will be nuzzled beneath one. Its a bit different on a monster bush plant with a thousand leaves but the smaller your plant is, the more it relies on every leaf it has.  In flowering its best to let it do its own thing as far as its physical growth development is concerned.  Not a big deal whatsoever in this case but good knowledge to keep in mind.

--------------------

Offlinelorrainesic
Stranger

#772638 - 03/17/15 08:56 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

really six more weeks for an auto?:/ I thoufht it was supposed to be finished really fast lol. but my plant did look really droopy in that picture it was at the last few minutes of its dark period and was right before a watering so it was really saggy.

now however I lowered the plant deeper so its farther from the light, and I have quit feeding it nutrients. it seems to be coming along nicely and the tips of the hairs are starting to turn red:)

--------------------

“I think people need to be educated to the fact that marijuana is not a drug. Marijuana is an herb and a flower. God put it here. If He put it here and He wants it to grow, what gives the government the right to say that God is wrong?”
Willie Nelson quotes

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

#772675 - 03/18/15 12:11 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Looking good. you don't have to quit feeding it nutrients, just give water in between feedings and account for a 2 week flush prior to finish.

--------------------

Offlinelorrainesic
Stranger

#772991 - 03/20/15 03:06 PM (9 years, 29 days ago)

Update: plant is looking happy to me, buds are growing bigger and the hairs are turning red on the tips, I'm going to wait about 2-3 more weeks then prolly flush it and let it sit one more week or two. (maybe longer depending on how she's looking)

also, I've cleaned up my grow tent, made some extra room for my other plants and added an extra 150w sunbeam. that's 300w total in my tent now. And there is no need for a humidifier right now, with all the plants in there my humidity is at a constant 60%. instead I took out the hunidifier and added a small 10'' clip on fan to help circulate air flow and control heat during daytime temp.

Grow tent 3x5x3
lights 300w (2 150w) HID
fans 1 190cfm, 1 16inch oscillating fan, and 1 10inch clip fan
Plants 1 harvesting, 1 vegging, 3 seedlings
strains gdp, northern lights, sweet trainwreck, Pineapple Express, and Tijuana.
bucket sizes (2gallon for veg and harvest) (32oz cup for seedlings)
soil (light warrior for seedlings) (ocean forest for veg/flower)

learning more and more each day:p

--------------------

Willie Nelson quotes

Offlinelorrainesic
Stranger

#775106 - 04/04/15 09:51 AM (9 years, 14 days ago)

all done!

--------------------

Willie Nelson quotes

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

#775117 - 04/04/15 11:16 AM (9 years, 14 days ago)

Sweet

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds