Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

from nothing to something
    #754759 - 10/26/14 10:28 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Let it be god or the big bang theory. Are you able to wrap your mind around the nothing to something? Is there something far greater going on like an ant is to the internet?

Can you remember what it was like before you were born? This is mostly likely how it will be when you die as well. Are you okay with that?

Your brain releases DMT upon death. Is this white bright light and all these outter body exp just a DMT trip?

Do you go through life without a single thought other than what's going on directly?

--------------------
Learning to love life by living through loss and mistakes
Lessons learned then gradually surfacing, Letting go, stripping naked to scream
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
I'm a retarded, disfigured clown
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
I'm an equal being of no race, or color, a hallucination if you will
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Re: from nothing to something [Re: poor boy]
    #754774 - 10/27/14 06:44 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

There is no evidence as of yet that dmt is produced in the brain.

http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.php?ID=3146

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: from nothing to something [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #754777 - 10/27/14 07:12 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I honestly never looked into it. I heard it a few times and just went with it.

--------------------
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #754778 - 10/27/14 07:27 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I've personally come to terms with the no life after death thing. I don't believe in a heaven or hell, or god. I believe we rot in the dirt, we eventually turn back into the stars we're created from. That's more beautiful to me than some monotonous eternity.

The reason heaven sounds so good is because you're expected not to have any fun on earth before you get there.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Invisibledrawde
    #754780 - 10/27/14 08:41 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

There was never nothing at all for even the potential to become something is not nothing.

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: from nothing to something [Re: drawde]
    #754789 - 10/27/14 12:29 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Que?

I too do not believe in a life after death or a god. Would be nice though...

--------------------

OfflineSham87
マリオ
Male

#754797 - 10/27/14 01:04 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I like to think that once I die my soul will pass onto a flower or a rain drop :sun:

--------------------
...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: from nothing to something [Re: Sham87]
    #754809 - 10/27/14 02:42 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

:facepalm:

i like to picture my jesus in a tuxedo tshirt cause it says like, i want to be formal, but im here to party too. i like to party so i like my jesus to party.

--------------------

OfflineSham87
マリオ
Male

Re: from nothing to something [Re: poor boy] * 1
    #754811 - 10/27/14 03:11 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

That's so cliche'

--------------------
...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: from nothing to something [Re: Sham87]
    #754818 - 10/27/14 05:00 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

:pokerawe:

--------------------

Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur

Loc: Cannafornia
    #755050 - 10/28/14 09:49 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

poor boy said:
Are you able to wrap your mind around the nothing to something?

Well even nothing is something :smirk: ....I remember being around 4 to 5 years old and trying to wrap my head around the idea of nothing, or pondering what's outside of "space" or before "time" . I asked my parents but they didn't have any answers, neither did religion, so I'd spend a good chunk of time each day just sitting there trying to visualize or grasp these ideas....now more than 20 years later and I haven't gotten much farther :lol: .

I think the nothing is outside of our understanding....beyond space/time, where this idea of "something" was constructed by something that wanted novelty and/or a question answered....Or maybe something merely arose from the frustration of nothing :strokebeard: .

I don't have any firm beliefs in anything, just lots of ideas about things...and one of those ideas is that this situation we finds ourselves in called "reality" might just be a simulation of sorts. It's still "reality", but it is just one step, or system, within another (like those russion nested dolls). A simulation in which we/consciousness (the stimulation itself) will never be able to pry itself out of or back into the nothing it came from. I think consciousness will eventually find a way to create a new simulation/reality that it can inject or mesh itself into....and it/consciousness will use that new simulation/reality to learn more about itself and where it originally came from, and so on, and so on (if that makes sense).

So there is a "nothing" in between the somethings, but that "nothing" only appears to be "nothing" when you're within the something, it's actually just another "something" that can't be understood from the "something" you're standing in  :nut:  :tunnel: ...so proceed forth and create a new something to figure out that nothing.

....Or maybe not :shrug:, just a random rambling of an idea I've had. It all sounds ridiculous, but so is all of "this" and the fact there is some-thing to happen at all, or even a such thing as "happening", it's all absurd.

Quote:

Is there something far greater going on like an ant is to the internet?

I do think so :yesnod: .

Quote:

Can you remember what it was like before you were born? This is mostly likely how it will be when you die as well. Are you okay with that?

I can't remember what it was like before being born....but I have experienced what I can imagine that might possibly be like from high doses of mushrooms :lol: . Having no concept of self or any-thing, nothing more than a point of awareness among an infinite void of nothing, no-nothingness. I don't really firmly believe that's what it's like before birth or post-death, but it's an experience I've had that I like to use to frame or entertain various ideas.

And yea...I'm totally OK with that, or how ever death may be or what ever it may bring, something I became comfortable with after a few experiences with mushrooms.

Quote:

Your brain releases DMT upon death. Is this white bright light and all these outter body exp just a DMT trip?

Well the dmt thing is debatable, no particular proof of such things....It is interesting, though, how approaching or merging with a bright/white light has been reported by those that have had near death experiences or were momentarily pronounced dead (or were on enormous amounts of LSD :grin: ).

Quote:

Do you go through life without a single thought other than what's going on directly?

I'm usually either in a purely observational mode, where I am in a thoughtless state with a silent mind doing nothing but observing/taking in the present moment directly around me....Or I'm day dreaming, thinking/pondering various ideas and rather disconnected from the present moment of what's around me. In either case I likely appear to be spacing out :smirk: .

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
There is no evidence as of yet that dmt is produced in the brain.

http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.php?ID=3146

True...dmt being produced in the brain shouldn't be stated as fact, but still I think it's reasonable to speculate that dmt is indeed produced there :shrug: . The brain has the DMT precursor, the brain has the enzymes needed to convert it into DMT, and it has been found in blood & urine.

Now as far is it being produced or released in large amounts upon death, during dreaming, etc...that's a much bigger unknown. It has to be playing a role in something somewhere though :strokebeard:.

-OM

Edited by openmind (10/28/14 09:54 PM)

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: from nothing to something [Re: openmind]
    #755089 - 10/29/14 10:48 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Great post!

--------------------

Offlinepizzeria
Stranger
    #755095 - 10/29/14 11:14 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

What I find strange is most of us are psychonauts yet overwhelmingly people state there's no god they believe in...have none of u ever experienced mushrooms or LSD , not that these drugs allow divine communication but when confronted with my reality Ive experienced there is a life after death and something out there gives me signs as to it's feelings or judgements lol

OfflineSham87
マリオ
Male

Re: from nothing to something [Re: pizzeria]
    #755096 - 10/29/14 11:17 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I believe in a creator but not a man made god. I feel like 'god' would be a sexless being of energy or something.

--------------------

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: from nothing to something [Re: Sham87] * 1
    #755098 - 10/29/14 12:36 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Energy, brother man.

--------------------

Invisibleharri
ˈko͞okē
    #755369 - 10/31/14 02:05 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

nothing doesn't exist, somethings exist, but by the definition of nothing, it is void of existence, where as things exist.

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: from nothing to something [Re: harri]
    #755378 - 10/31/14 07:41 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Riiiight...

For us, everything has a beginning... It all had to start from some where. For it to have always been is :mindblown:

--------------------

Invisibleharri
ˈko͞okē
    #755405 - 10/31/14 11:25 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

it's all transformations, whether it just started without anything preceding or it always existed is equally hard to imagine.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies