Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Grow room from scratch [Re: webster10]
    #752546 - 10/12/14 06:56 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I personally go 10 to 15 minutes after the table is full.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #752547 - 10/12/14 06:56 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Turn on the pump and time how long it takes to fill all the containers. Then set the timer accordingly. :awetongue:

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinewebster10

Re: Grow room from scratch [Re: Magash]
    #752561 - 10/12/14 07:09 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry for needing so much explanation. I didn't know if it needed to be flooded for extra time even after the whole setup is filled or not. I'm just going to fill to top then let drain... every 3 hours around the clock.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #752590 - 10/12/14 07:36 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

webster10 said:
Sorry for needing so much explanation. I didn't know if it needed to be flooded for extra time even after the whole setup is filled or not. I'm just going to fill to top then let drain... every 3 hours around the clock.

That will work fine. :thumbup:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Invisiblevinsue
GRAND OLD FART
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
    #754157 - 10/21/14 09:22 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Some good info in this thread.
It got me thinking about that empty corner in the basement...:strokebeard:
:growingweed: . . . :peace:

--------------------
" One toke over the line...

Offlinewebster10

Re: Grow room from scratch [Re: vinsue]
    #754178 - 10/21/14 03:34 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

:thumbup:

Getting gifted some clones very soon :awesomenod:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #756677 - 11/10/14 03:10 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

So, what's the story how are things growing?:growingweed:

--------------------

Offlinewebster10

#756679 - 11/10/14 03:35 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup:

There was an unexpected delay pertaining to a relative getting ill and needed to stay with me for a while. So construction was delayed a while but I finished the veg room last weekend. I used dry wall instead of plywood. I hope that was alright :lol:. Now I just got some babies going under the t5. I'll pm you with some pics when everything is really rolling along.

You were really an enormous help throughout this whole process. :cheers: my friend

Invisiblevinsue
GRAND OLD FART
Male User Gallery

#756681 - 11/10/14 03:46 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Yea, Magash is the man.:thumbup:
Yesterday, I sent him a rather lengthy :pm: full of 'noob questions',
and he got right back to me and answered everything.

:hatsoff: . . . :peace:

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Grow room from scratch [Re: vinsue] * 1
    #756685 - 11/10/14 04:10 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

That's what guys like myself, Hawk, phychotron and a few others around here are here for. :thumbup: I shouldn't be a mod if I can't answer questions. Next year makes my 30th year under the lights and even longer under the sun so I better know something about this shit. By the way I don't think in anyway that I'm a better grower then anybody. I just know what damn near 30 years at this will teach you and I like the others just try and pass on what time has taught so you don't have to have the same hassles. (Like the fact that there was no internet when I was learning-----hell there weren't even home computers yet unless you count a calculator).

Now off my soapbox and back on track

Quote:

I used dry wall instead of plywood. I hope that was alright

That's fine but if your not gonna use some kind of liner and go with paint (just as good) use flat white and not the glossy stuff. The glossy stuff directs the light while the flat white sends it in all directions at once. :wink:

--------------------

Offlinewebster10

#756686 - 11/10/14 04:25 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I covered it all in mylar. Not the "crinkly" kind you use though which I was told was better because it bends the light in a million different directions.

@Vinsue - Yes he is the man. None of what I'm doing would be possible without him.

Edited by webster10 (11/10/14 04:35 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #756687 - 11/10/14 04:36 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Got the dimples. Cheap and insulates from cold in winter and heat in summer.

I think this may be good in your grow.

Thanks again for the comments :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinewebster10

#756690 - 11/10/14 04:49 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

:ooo:

Will it reflect anymore light than mylar does? I really don't have a need for insulation because I've decided only to do two cycles per year, both during winter. And it doesn't get cold enough where I live to where I'd need insulation.

During summer, even with insulation board and that insulation tape, I still think I'd have to introduce an AC unit which I don't want to bother with.

Besides, I'm only growing enough dope for myself and two cycles will easily last me the entire year. I don't have a need for growing year round other than accumulating a massive head stash.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #756693 - 11/10/14 04:59 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Nah, your fine. The mylar will do the job just fine.

Quote:

Besides, I'm only growing enough dope for myself and two cycles will easily last me the entire year.

lol........haha........I was a semi-pro baseball player that just got drafted to the bigs. Just before training camp I get hit by a drunk driver and the end of my baseball days. My brother in the meantime is growing in Mendocino county and is about to move to Amsterdam (now you guys know how I know the breeders). I get him to teach me a little so I can smoke when my back herts and boom now even he thinks I'm fucking batshit crazy about growing.

PRAYyou don't get addicted to growing the way I did. Worse then meth.:crazymonkey: Ya just never stop coming up with ideas for another strain or hydro improvement or cutting machine or whatever it just won't stop..............:facepalm3:

--------------------

Offlinewebster10

#756790 - 11/11/14 08:09 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Drunk drivers :facepalm: :thumbdown: Sorry to hear about that.

Pray that I don't become addicted? I've already accepted that is going to be my fate :lol:

I'm just not in a time in my life where I can put so much focus on growing. I will say that after I'm done with all of my education(that won't be a while because right now I'm leaning towards getting a doctorate) I'm ditching this draconian ass state, moving somewhere legal or at least medicinally legal and getting the show on the road :rockon:

And anytime you come up with those tiny little improvements and innovations don't hesitate to PM me with a lengthy write-up or just post it publicly. I like to learn everything I can and trust me, I don't think it's possible for someone to be more nit-picky and detail oriented than I. So even if it's an essay on some insignificant aspect, I'll be interested every time.

Invisiblevinsue
GRAND OLD FART
Male User Gallery

#756855 - 11/11/14 06:01 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

There's definitely worse things to be addicted to.  As for my rediscovered hobby, I wish I stuck with it back when I was a 'farmer'.  I wouldn't have so much to learn now, though I'm really lovin'  the science side of the grow...:growingweed: . . . :peace:

--------------------

Offlinewebster10

#757727 - 11/16/14 05:44 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

So after realizing there was some compatibility issues with my set up, I decided to covert from a full hydro ebb and flow to a semi-hydro coco ebb and flow. I was planning on running a PVC system where I had installed upside down 2 liters filled with lava pebbles for my flowering system(7 plants). My whole system was based on fast turn around strains that I could just put clones of into the hydro system and flip from there and still get a good yield. I have decided to switch to full coco to now be able to give my babies some time in the veg room before I put them in flower.

So, here is my updated plan:

For the flower room: I'll be running a 3'W x 3'L x ~1'H flood table that will hold (7) 2.27 gallon smart pots full of GH brand coco coir(cocotek). I am using this method to make my smartpots (https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=262977). I am under the impression that in coco I will have to change how many times I flood weekly in flower to best accommodate my plants needs. This number of floods per day will range from 1-2 in very early flower, up to 4, maybe even 5 a day during peak flower. I am flooding for 15 minutes every single flood to make sure the coco gets thoroughly saturated and the nutrients can wick up to saturate the top layer. I'll have the overflow pipe and will be recirculating it back to my res despite the popular notion that DTW is far superior in coco. 400W HPS as usual, 27 gallon tote and maxijet600 for the pump. I'll also be building a PVC structure about ~1' above the rim of the flood table and have nets hanging over the table (SCRoG :crazy2:)

For the veg room: Nothing really has changed except that I will be actually vegging some babies in this room prior to putting them into flower. I'll be using 1.7 liter smart pots for these plants and will just hand water every day to every other day and have the pots sitting in a tray. I understand it might be a PITA to hand water these but whatever :shrug: I'm not expecting these plants to grow up to be big, I just want to give them enough time in veg to completely recover from being cloned and establish a nice root system and maybe gain some size. Mothers will be in 2.27 gallon pots as well. For the time when the clones are rooting before they are put into the 1.7 liter pots, they'll be in an SGFC and sprayed daily to keep humid. All coco(except the clones I'm using rockwool plugs). 200W of t5 (20,000 lumens) apposed to the 150W 16,000 lumen MH I was looking at buying.

Ventilation: I have two 240cfm vent fans and a 4" ~250 cfm inline fan + carbon filter combo. Ample air is flowing through both rooms.

Where I am now: I just got the coco today and had one clone a friend gave me in some FFOF in the veg room. I have neglected it and it was given to me looking unhealthy as fuck so it isn't looking too well. A friend is making some proper clones now(sativa :thumbup:) but it will take a few days to get to me :popcorn:

What I'm going to do: Get the clones, grow them into mothers. Take clones off of those, root them, transfer to the 1.7 liters of coco and give them a few weeks of some veg just to put on some size and establish a thriving root system. Then put those in flower, take 4 more cuttings, grow them out to the size of the mothers, put the 3 mothers and 4 cuttings in flower and done until next fall/winter. I don't want to bother with AC in my climate and only growing during the winter will supply me with all of what I need for the year. Maybe I can try again outdoors during the summer :shrug:

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck