Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

inconsistant veg cycle ?
    #748725 - 09/17/14 10:16 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I'm trying to help a friend who has a cousin that doesn't have the internet and wants to know if its a problem to accidentally leave the lights on for 24 hours when they are normally just off 18? Is it just the 6 hours off that matters? and what happens if they accidentally get 12 hours of dark one day? can you recover from that?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinematt1208
Stranger

Re: inconsistant veg cycle ? [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #748726 - 09/17/14 10:17 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

does he have a timer for his lights ?

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: inconsistant veg cycle ? [Re: matt1208]
    #748734 - 09/17/14 11:51 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

yea but the problem is they aren't in a room or a tent so they need to be manually covered, and sometimes I check if any light is leaking out, but forget to turn out the lights after establishing none is leaking out. Damnit there are reason! I'm just wondering how bad it is. I haven't had the problem with too much dark but am curious.

Edit: It's not so much that I couldn't find an answer as much as would like to expand growery posts on subjects that a quick growery search gave no results for. Shroomery may have a huge database of answers, but growery could use some more. Also good to potentially lead more people here via google IMO.

Edited by Midgetpawn (09/18/14 12:22 AM)

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#748844 - 09/18/14 08:55 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Well I get the impression it's not a big deal to fuckup the hours of light a few times, but if anyone knows something specific related to messing up veg hours please share. I'm especially wondering if it'd be stressful to adjust back to your normal schedule too fast after having the lights on too long. Like go from 18 on 6 off to 24 on 6 off then to 12 on 6 off then back to 18 on 6 off again, which is the fastest way back to the original schedule.

I'm pretty sure you can do even strange light hours without problems as long as you have less than 9 hours of dark a day. I'm not too sure what would happen if you did say 40 hours lights on and 8 hours lights off consistently. I'm kind of curious. Apparently it's becoming more and more understood that cannabis is extremely adaptable to it's environment, and can even repidly show unique phenotypes or unique characteristics determined by it's environmental factors. Like the same exact cuts of something can come out completely different in 2 different grow rooms. Apparently cannabis leaf temperature may be a very important factor.
This webcast I listen to, the adam dunn show, has been piecing together that a lot of the original OG kush cuts, specifically OG, OGRE, Tahoe, Soul assassin, and Ghost OG were all the same exact thing and from the same place but ended up with slight variations due to environmental factors and potentially because of a very high adaptability to it's enviornment. That show has been talking to a lot of the people involved in spreading those specific cuts and piecing them all to the same place. Of course no one knows what the genetics are or where it came from initially. Dave Richards was saying he thinks it came from some huge underground bunker grow/breeding facility he worked at, and it's a 3way of hash plant, afghani, thai. btw he was saying hashplant makes all crosses stronger. doubt anyone read this entire thing.

Oh and roots organics sucks and I don't say that because they use industrial runoff as their source of water.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #748853 - 09/18/14 09:27 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

One day isn't gonna do shit their fine.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: inconsistant veg cycle ? [Re: Magash]
    #748918 - 09/19/14 02:52 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

heh thanks

Now I just want to know if you can make a plant think its on a larger planet and give it a longer hour day.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #748920 - 09/19/14 03:18 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Some people leave their lights on for 24hrs isn't that a non-stop day?

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: inconsistant veg cycle ? [Re: Magash]
    #748954 - 09/20/14 03:23 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Well even just 24hrs on might have a whole differen't effect on the plants final results, but I'm curious if you can actually extend the hours of dark needed to induce flowering, even with generations down the line. like consistently have 36 on and 8 off but slowly move the 8 hours of dark up to 12 and not have it induce flowering. I guess mainly I'm just trying to figure out how quickly and just how much the plant will adapt to an entirely different light environment.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom