Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineeos666
Stranger
Autoflowering change lif´ght duration mid-bloom?
    #747671 - 09/12/14 04:27 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

hey i got some autos on a 12/12 schdeule atm but i was thinking of going uop to 16 or 18 again... can i do that with autos or will it confuse them? they are starting to form buds already.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewebster10

Re: Autoflowering change lif´ght duration mid-bloom? [Re: eos666]
    #747673 - 09/12/14 04:32 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

You could even go up to 24/0 without confusing an auto

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Autoflowering change lif´ght duration mid-bloom? [Re: webster10]
    #747719 - 09/12/14 01:56 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I would go up to 18 or more.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Autoflowering change lif´ght duration mid-bloom? [Re: mhbound]
    #747724 - 09/12/14 02:06 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Autos do best in 20/4.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Autoflowering change lif´ght duration mid-bloom? [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #747725 - 09/12/14 02:12 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

They generally do unless you have problems with heat then those few hours of having the light off can help but yea the more you can tolerate the better.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: Autoflowering change lif´ght duration mid-bloom? [Re: mhbound]
    #747911 - 09/13/14 03:11 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I feel like far less people would choose ruderalis crossed genetics if they had been called "uncontrollable flowering" or "unstoppable flowering" since they aren't exactly up to the standards of regular genetics and are hardly set and forget. "Motherless"? I dunno. I sometimes wonder if people assume they will be saving money or trouble by choosing auto flowering strains. especially indoor growers.

I'm tempted to grow an "auto flower" strain as a house plant in the ambient light.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Autoflowering change lif´ght duration mid-bloom? [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #747915 - 09/13/14 03:52 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Midgetpawn said:
I feel like far less people would choose ruderalis crossed genetics if they had been called "uncontrollable flowering" or "unstoppable flowering" since they aren't exactly up to the standards of regular genetics and are hardly set and forget. "Motherless"? I dunno. I sometimes wonder if people assume they will be saving money or trouble by choosing auto flowering strains. especially indoor growers.

I'm tempted to grow an "auto flower" strain as a house plant in the ambient light.

I don't believe they have anyplace in a indoor garden. You can often just start reg seeds under a 12/12 light and get better results with those. I do breed a auto strain though cause I think they are good for outdoor growers who want some smoke without being tempted to fuck with the good plants.

In other-words it's a lot easier to leave those big colas in the ground to mature when you have a little bud in your pocket rather then having a bunch of empty spots where you nuked that bowl that you swore "I'll  only do this one time and not again till harvest". :wink:

Then there is the other move of coming up with some goofy reason to pull the plants early like "I know I saw the neighbor looking at my plants I gotta pull them" when you know damn well you're just out of smoke and pulling a plant that would be in the ground if you had a little bud in your stash. :crazy2:

There also good for people in apts that only have a balcony to grow on and have to keep them small without a lot of care. We can't all afford lights.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: Autoflowering change lif´ght duration mid-bloom? [Re: Magash]
    #747991 - 09/14/14 08:22 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Well you added at least one more thing to my list of very specific reasons to choose "auto" strains. Still none of the reasons make "auto" strains a better choice than classic indica/sativa for the average grower.
There is certainly a place for "auto flowering" strains in the grow world, but I get the impression a lot of new growers are choosing "auto" strains assuming they are more convenient or somehow a breakthrough in cannabis genetics over straight indica or sativa. Just trying to help people get some potentially better plants. Not trying to put down anyone. I'm not even directing this at the OP, just at anyone who might be interested in auto strains for the wrong reasons.

Even if height is an issue, you can just put your normal indica/sativa/hybrid plants in small containers or indoors put them immediately into 12/12. Though some of those "auto" strains do seem to stay pretty damn small from what I've seen in pics.

in 9+ hours of dark all strains will automatically flower.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds