Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBigD
Stranger
Organic Outdoor Potted Sour Diesel Issues WITH PICTURES
    #745979 - 09/01/14 11:04 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Greetings everyone! Hope your day/night is going well.  Happy NoLabor Day!

So a big of a background.

It's a Sour Diesel strain in approximately 3.5 gallons of 40/30/20/10 mixture of Vermicompost, Homemade compost, topsoil, and perlite.
It pretty much always had signs of nutrient deficiency(most likely N).
Started flowering approximately 3 weeks ago.
I water it with compost tea about 3 times a month.
Every other watering I water it with Neptunes  2-4-1 Fish Fertilizer.
About once a week I use a ratio of about 1:20 of urine to water.
The last week the temperature has been an average of about 86º and basically mostly sunny.
I watered it with an EpsomSalt water mixture of about 1TBSP/.5gal about 2 or 3 times a few months ago and haven't since.

Now on to the picture album.
https://imgur.com/a/IZQ8B
Think those are decent pictures to show what I'm inquiring about.
The brown tips have only started to show up the past maybe 2 weeks and I'm nervous that I perhaps burned them with maybe a little too much urine and nutrients (for about 4days, I watered it with my urine mixture twice along with the fish fertilizer).
I'm thinking that perhaps that little bit of burn combined with the hotter than usual temperatures are the reasoning as to why this plant looks like this.

So numberone, what is going on with this plant?!
And two...i'm aware that SourDiesel is a heavy Nitrogen feeder, should I continue to water her with diluted urine once a week despite her flowering?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Organic Outdoor Potted Sour Diesel Issues WITH PICTURES [Re: BigD]
    #746004 - 09/01/14 03:02 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Are you adjusting your pH of your water? Know the pH of the soil? That is what comes to mind first.

I keep a little nitrogen for the first couple of weeks until they start really flowering.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Organic Outdoor Potted Sour Diesel Issues WITH PICTURES [Re: mhbound]
    #746007 - 09/01/14 03:06 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Well first off, you should stop watering with your fucking urine.  You can't know or control exactly how much nitrogen they are getting from it.  Plus it's just fucking stupid.  Get some real nutrients dude. 

Second off, yes it looks like you burnt your plant.  You need to flush the soil, and then start your nutrient regimen over at a lower level.  With REAL nutrients.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

Re: Organic Outdoor Potted Sour Diesel Issues WITH PICTURES [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #746008 - 09/01/14 03:42 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Hawksresurrection said:
Well first off, you should stop watering with your fucking urine.  You can't know or control exactly how much nitrogen they are getting from it.  Plus it's just fucking stupid.  Get some real nutrients dude. 

Second off, yes it looks like you burnt your plant.  You need to flush the soil, and then start your nutrient regimen over at a lower level.  With REAL nutrients.

So it's safe to say, piss off?

Sorry, couldn't resist. 

I think growing in a container that small, and in the sun, can't be good.  Indoors I don't think this is as much of a factor, but even in a big black plastic pot with my tomato plant recently it just about killed it, until I put it into the ground.

Then, you have the window reflecting the sun back onto the plant as well as the dark containers.  So, maybe you have burned your plant literally from the hot roots and soil. 

Nutrient issues aside...

OfflineBigD
Stranger

Re: Organic Outdoor Potted Sour Diesel Issues WITH PICTURES [Re: GoonerHeClips]
    #746009 - 09/01/14 04:47 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Well I moved the SmartPot out of the sun for a little bit because a)i could get a better picture in the shade and b)it was really hot and sunny today and some leaves started to curl up a little.

OfflineBigD
Stranger

#746010 - 09/01/14 04:50 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I haven't been checking the pH of the soil and I suppose I should but I was under the impression that an organic grow with the use of well-made compost and compost tea should not have any pH issues.

OfflineBigD
Stranger

Re: Organic Outdoor Potted Sour Diesel Issues WITH PICTURES [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #746011 - 09/01/14 04:51 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I can see you're not pro-organic grow.

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

#746012 - 09/01/14 04:57 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

BigD said:
Well I moved the SmartPot out of the sun for a little bit because a)i could get a better picture in the shade and b)it was really hot and sunny today and some leaves started to curl up a little.

I'm glad they called them SmartPots because otherwise I would have really felt dumb for buying woven plastic that dries out too fast, yet somehow manages to actually grow mildew if you do manage to keep it moist.

Edited by GoonerHeClips (09/01/14 04:58 PM)

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #746014 - 09/01/14 05:24 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

BigD said:
I can see you're not pro-organic grow.

I have nothing against organics.  I'm against pissing into your plants.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineBigD
Stranger

#746021 - 09/01/14 05:49 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not exactly sure why. There have been plenty of experiments showing it to work well.

Offlinewebster10

#746036 - 09/01/14 06:52 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Think about this logically. Look at both of your credentials. How many grows at what sizes have you both done(advantage hawk) who has been growing for longer(advantage hawk).

Now that the credentials are out of the way, examine the evidence. The evidence is right in front of you, you uploaded the evidence actually. Take a look at your plant, possibly burnt and not looking very healthy. Yet you are still advocating piss as a nute. Why? Just absorb the information, man. Some of the growers on this website are a gold mine of information. :thumbup:

OfflineBigD
Stranger

Re: Organic Outdoor Potted Sour Diesel Issues WITH PICTURES [Re: webster10]
    #746043 - 09/01/14 08:29 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I know I'm being stubborn and my intentions were not to get into a urine fertilizer debate...but I feel that thinking about it scientifically as opposed to logically is where we would find the truth about using urine as fertilizer. 
Just because I'm not very experienced in growing cannabis I do have experience in gardening for many years and I found that urine has worked quite well.  And this evidence would hardly stand up when looking at it under the scientific method per se.  Just because my grow isn't looking too happy doesn't mean that me using urine as a fertilizer falsifies many studies that show the benefits of urine as a fertilizer.
I'm obviously doing something wrong...no doubt about it, but i've yet to see why my urine is the cause of it.

Edited by BigD (09/01/14 08:31 PM)

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
    #746054 - 09/01/14 11:13 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Well, the safe thing to do is flush your plants. Checking pH of the water first would be best but if you can't get pH strips from the store or something then just flush it.

If your pot is 1 gallon use 3 gallons of water. 3:1 water to pot size ratio.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
    #746126 - 09/02/14 07:02 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

, in order of decreasing concentrationurea 9.3 g/L, chloride 1.87 g/L, sodium 1.17 g/L, potassium 0.750 g/L,creatinine 0.670 g/L and other dissolved ions, inorganic and organic compounds.

I'd worry about the urea and the salts...  "piss is know to be salty" haha , really tho, salt fries plants. Nute burn is pretty scary if you've ever done that...

A good simple organic fertilizer is cow manure. I've had plants really surprise me in a coir/manure blend.

Like these guys said tho, you'd be really surprised how a bucket can dry out in the sun.
But yeah salt=no bueno

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

OfflineBigD
Stranger

Re: Organic Outdoor Potted Sour Diesel Issues WITH PICTURES [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #746187 - 09/03/14 03:51 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah definitely.  But the ratios that are recommended are 1:10...my ratio I'd say is about 1:20 and I just do that around 3 times a month.  And the urine I use is like the 3rd urine of the day and that's after I've been drinking lots of coconut water and water.

Cow manure..mmm...Next year I'll have to get some.  I'm aware of the glory of cow manure but I didn't remember to pick some up before I put the soil together.

This fish fertilizer that I bought seems to be doing well but I most likely was way too enthusiastic with it.  Too much too soon.

OfflineBigD
Stranger

#746189 - 09/03/14 03:53 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I took your advice and flushed it out.  The burn seems to have stopped progressing.  I think I got too enthusiastic with the fish fertilizer :/

Thanks

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals