Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Seeking elusive late 90's strain
    #741576 - 07/27/14 09:53 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

It's a long shot, but I'm trying to find a strain I smoked in the late 90's that was absolutely amazing. It was fluffy little ball buds that were memorably green and had what I can only remember as a floral maybe perfumey smell that was very strong esp when smoked. was a pleasant smell. The effect was very dreamy and euphoric, which may have just been my own reaction, but I recall it being unlike anything I've had before or since. certainly 1 hit shit. it came in little jars which may not be significant.

Obviously I haven't given enough info to figure out what it was, but I'm hoping someone was smoking around 97-98 and came across anything extra special that matches my vague description  and remembers the name. Everything was just called chronic back then. This was in the new jersey new York area btw

2 strains it may or may not be are white rhino and bubblegum. Not sure though

The guy who had it got arrested so there may be some in an evidence room somewhere =(

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Seeking elusive late 90's strain [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #741617 - 07/27/14 03:29 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Check out Northern Lights. The strain was really big on the East Coast in the late 90s.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: Seeking elusive late 90's strain [Re: Magash]
    #741640 - 07/27/14 05:31 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

NL is one of the strains I considered it could have been, but I assume I've smoked NL at least 1 other time and if I did then it wasn't the same shit as I'm looking for since I never smelled anything like it again. I've smoked a shitload of different bud too and for a few years was getting all sorts of legitimately labeled bud from NY bike services like cartoon network and god's gifts. They always had the best bud of the times, but never the shit I'm looking for.

Besides being what I'd describe and pungently sweet floral and perfumey and almost bright green, the bud I'm looking for was kind of fluffy like you could squeeze it and it would squish in then come back out a litte, but was full of trichomes and super sticky. I think it might have been refered to as "kind bud". although I don't think there's any actual strain named kind bud. MAn it was such special shit. I really should try to find the guy who sold it and try to get more info.

I might have to try NL just in case. I was thinking it could be ak47 or chronic too, but I almost think it's genetics that people aren't sharing with the public if it even still exists.

InvisibleHazyDays
Stranger
Male
    #743873 - 08/13/14 05:39 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Haze? Haze hit the city in 94(clone from Miami) and was around till about 1999. Funky taste, nothing at the time tasted or smelled the same. If you weren't a heavy smoker it would hurt you bad.... Lol

Edited by HazyDays (08/13/14 05:42 PM)

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: Seeking elusive late 90's strain [Re: HazyDays]
    #743913 - 08/14/14 02:28 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Didn't seem like what I know as haze. Though I'm not clear if what I know as haze is actually haze. I think of haze as smelling almost metallic and musty or maybe musky and has long hairs and foxtail buds that are longer than rounder and usually dark colored. I've had some very good shit called haze on a few occasions.

The shit I'm looking for was really primarily sweet, but very pungent, like bomb a room pungent. It's so hard to describe and was so long ago. I get fragments of what it smelled like, just can't lock it down. I have not come across anything else similar, though I am hunting for it. as soon as I catch even a little smell of it I'll likely recognize it right away.

I got the impression it was the best possible shit you could get back then, and very rare.

InvisibleHazyDays
Stranger
Male
    #743931 - 08/14/14 10:45 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I don't know man, still sounds like the Haze to me? Did you buy it in the hight's? Dominicans? I really miss the Haze and the Crippie.....

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
Re: Seeking elusive late 90's strain [Re: HazyDays]
    #743980 - 08/14/14 10:03 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

There's an inbred NY strain called "the purp" that is a lot like that
(Smells like fruity pebbles cereal)  but by your description, it could be anything...

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

Edited by oeric mckenna (08/14/14 10:09 PM)

OfflineGreg Green
Author

#756644 - 11/10/14 04:24 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I'll guess C99 or Cindy 99 or Cinderella 99. Brothers Grim has seeds but from what I remember this strain started as a good clone, so was only available as a cutting.

--------------------
Author of The Cannabis Grow Bible

Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains