Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
rosemary essential oil.
    #743265 - 08/08/14 01:29 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Hey guys,
So... about 6 months ago I took a clone from a "friend" WHO KNOWINGLY had a mite issue and...you know..didn't care much about ruining my life with the ol trojan horse trick.

Luckily I have 3 rooms and the issue was in a single closet.  Those little fucks are so terrible that I even entertained such ideas as that they were spawned by the government to eat the beloved medicine... Iit was like watching my kids die... fuck

Hated neem. gross. doesn't work.

Anyhoo, I came to tell you about the natures miticide. Rosemary. I was researching reports of old school growers who know of its powers and who have kept rosemary plants alongside the goods with great success.
    Rosemary oil as a miticide in botany:
Kills adults
Kills eggs (!)
Repels

I ended up getting distilled oil for 6 bucks, and my standard mix was 30 drops for a standard hand sprayer. mixed with a quarter teaspoon of veg oil and a few drops of dish soap applied foliar spray during the dark cycle.

Kills on contact. smells good on the plants ... REPELS! if there are any mites they will wanna bhe anywhere BUT near your plants :laugh:  Also, of course, great for maintenance or the suspected onset of an issue.

I grew for 20 years and never saw a mite till recently and boy... I never wanna go down that road again!

cheers to the win

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: rosemary essential oil. [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #743334 - 08/08/14 02:29 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

20 years and not one mite is pretty damn lucky man.  That's crazy.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
Re: rosemary essential oil. [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #743345 - 08/08/14 03:37 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I had sure heard of em^.  I guess my luck was a tightly sealed city grow with mostly seed plants.
Definitely had some shitty runs from the fungus gnats and whiteflies, aphids. I usually suspected soil at those times.
  I thought all those were minor compared to the mites...
Haha its like plant AIDS.  I'll probably never take a clone from anyone again.. " oh its what strain?? yeah, hand me a seed"

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: rosemary essential oil. [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #743366 - 08/08/14 06:08 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I've had good success getting rid of small infestations with just water.. I think it just knocks the mites eggs off the leaves so no new mites are born. My uncle used to just blow cigarette smoke on his plants to make them bug resistant.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order