Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineLuko
Stoneman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Heaven/Hell
Juicy Fruit
    #838866 - 09/17/19 12:08 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

I decided to germinate my 3 Juicy Fruit seeds last week.  I have put them in a container together with some soil until they get big enough to transfer to their own bigger pots.  I'm excited to get my first grow going and I hope it goes smoothly.  Its getting ready to be the fall season, so I will be doing an indoor grow.  My one question is, how to keep the little mites from eating my plants?  I had a friend that couldnt seem to get rid of them and he also told me they are really hard to spot.  Any suggestions on what I can use to keep the bugs of my plants, but nothing that will harm my babies?  Thanks in advance for answering my questions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Onlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Re: Juicy Fruit [Re: Luko]
    #838867 - 09/17/19 02:14 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

The best thing you can do is prevent them from entering your grow area.  Don't allow pets near your plants, don't accept plants from friends, be mindful of potential mites on your clothing after going outside, and keep a clean grow area.

If mites become a concern, a weekly IPM spray is recommended.  Certain essential oils like lavender or rosemary can help repel them.

Another option is predatory mites.  They are expensive but effective when used properly.

Completely eradicating an infestation can be a challenge.  It's usually best to start fresh, unless you can eliminate the mites while the plants are small.

OfflineLuko
Stoneman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Heaven/Hell
Re: Juicy Fruit [Re: yoosername]
    #838868 - 09/17/19 04:46 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Awesome, thank you for the advice.  I'm going to try and keep them in a clean enclosed area.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies