Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
trimming alive/ in ground
    #740573 - 07/18/14 01:43 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Hey folks.
Just thought I'd share something I recently discovered and upon searcing could find no research on...
  I did some compare trials and found my hunch correct.
After complete flushes and when your buds are done ripening, if you do a full trim with the plant in the dirt still and wait 3 days before harvest, she will exude massive amounts of sticky resinous juice...  I'm working with a homemade strain "gumdrop", and the compare samples are like night and day.
On the trimmed samples, the taste, potency and overall dankness are just unbelievable...
Feel free to be skeptical and doubt this but hear me now and thank me later...try it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewebster10

Re: trimming alive/ in ground [Re: oeric mckenna]
    #740581 - 07/18/14 08:00 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Would you mind posting some pictures of some gumdrop bud that was trimmed and let sit for 3 more days next to a plant that was cut and then trimmed?

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Re: trimming alive/ in ground [Re: webster10]
    #740612 - 07/18/14 01:51 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

That'd be cool if I could but its long since jarred up. I have a monster I call "the purp" that's done half and half, but there's not much difference that could be seen by eye... its more of a stickiness you can feel. The real result differential is in the pipe.

Yup... the "gumdrop" is an original experiment that I now wish I grew more of..
  You know the things folks who don't like indicas complain about? it had LOTS of such qualities... body stone so heavy I always feel like there's pressure in my feet and have to take my shoes off.  I'd love to spread this strain around someday :smile:

I did length trials too:
I recommend full trim in ground, and letting the plant sit in light for a single cycle, then watering (with pure water of course), followed by 2 days of darkness and then picking/hanging.
    Too many days under the light after trimming and, althougth the buds produced insane amounts of stickiness, they were more harsh overall.

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Loc: Babylon
    #740614 - 07/18/14 01:56 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah man, around here we are the kind that preach "pics or it didn't happen".

--------------------

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Re: trimming alive/ in ground [Re: TribalSeed]
    #740616 - 07/18/14 02:20 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Its just an if you like "hey try this"  haha I don't care man... I felt like it was something I should share with the community
They say that on the shroomery too. You know who else says pics or it didn't happen? the DEA.
      Like I said, the pictures would look identical. if someone can't fathom the validity of thiks simple logic as to why or how any woulded plant exudes more of its juices idk what to say...

Any science is constantly evolving and sometimes, a very good idea that was long overlooked is discovered by some random dude in an attiic...
  I have nothing to lose or gain by someone else trying this.  Just thought I'd be nice and share a discovery.  Like I said, I could do picture comparisons on this purp I just did a split on, but the look is the same. The clear difference is in the pipe.  Next time you hack a plant, leave a single bud on it and trim it. Do what I did, and if you don't agree, tell me I'm wrong :laugh:
Either way I don't care, shoot the messenger, that's ok too

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#740617 - 07/18/14 02:48 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

So by trim, do you mean trim it completely like you would before you jar it or just knock all the leaves off?

Sounds interesting, if true though I cant imagine how nobody would have already discovered this...

--------------------
:firecum:

OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Southeast US
Re: trimming alive/ in ground [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #740618 - 07/18/14 02:59 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I usually trim all big unnecessary fan leaves off a week or so before harvest and it helps light penetrate through the canopy and ripen buds on the lower branches that wouldn't usually see that much light.

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Re: trimming alive/ in ground [Re: ShroomingChaos]
    #740625 - 07/18/14 04:22 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah I mean full, tight trim. I avoid even trimming a single leaf until that point as they use every leaf until the end.

--------------------

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: trimming alive/ in ground [Re: oeric mckenna] * 1
    #740823 - 07/21/14 04:30 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

oeric mckenna said:
Its just an if you like "hey try this"  haha I don't care man... I felt like it was something I should share with the community
They say that on the shroomery too. You know who else says pics or it didn't happen? the DEA.
      Like I said, the pictures would look identical. if someone can't fathom the validity of thiks simple logic as to why or how any woulded plant exudes more of its juices idk what to say...

Any science is constantly evolving and sometimes, a very good idea that was long overlooked is discovered by some random dude in an attiic...
  I have nothing to lose or gain by someone else trying this.  Just thought I'd be nice and share a discovery.  Like I said, I could do picture comparisons on this purp I just did a split on, but the look is the same. The clear difference is in the pipe.  Next time you hack a plant, leave a single bud on it and trim it. Do what I did, and if you don't agree, tell me I'm wrong :laugh:
Either way I don't care, shoot the messenger, that's ok too

We say it, because people come in claiming shit like this all the goddamned time.  Of course using a controlled scientific method, with documentation is going to be requested.  Otherwise it's just some random guy spewing an opinion. 

Around here, we ask for documented evidence.  You are supplying none, and make excuses like were the DEA :rolleyes:

Post come pics with the crops, and then we'll decide.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Re: trimming alive/ in ground [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #740856 - 07/21/14 04:25 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I've been growing for over 20 years and its just something I stumbled across recently.
Like I said man, the pictures would look the same.  Next time you wack a plant, leave a bud growing but trim it and use my method (if you like, I'm not pushing). If you don't like the results, come back and tell me I'm mistaken.
        Its just a suggestion

--------------------

InvisibleMr. Wilson
purty-weiner-dog

#740916 - 07/22/14 11:10 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

here's something i heard a while back

the Colombian/Jamaican "gold" thing

they girdle the trunk and let it somewhat dry on the stalk producing that golden look and supposedly gets a sweeter taste

but say if it were in the woods and a week of straight rain came

could be disastrous

just some random BS ive heard over the years

--------------------
bit of last year's bounty

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Re: trimming alive/ in ground [Re: Mr. Wilson]
    #740917 - 07/22/14 11:25 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Mr. Wilson said:
here's something i heard a while back

the Colombian/Jamaican "gold" thing

they girdle the trunk and let it somewhat dry on the stalk producing that golden look and supposedly gets a sweeter taste

but say if it were in the woods and a week of straight rain came

could be disastrous

just some random BS ive heard over the years

Man I have heard that one strain that comes out of Africa, I think, gets chopped and then wrapped in banana peels/leaves and gets buried underground for about 6 months. Evidently that type of curing process puts some kick into the bud. :shrug:
Read about it in the cannabible the 3rd one. I don't really like the way King boasts about organically grown bud throughout his books but I do like the rundown on a lot of the strains.

God I wish I could find a cut of Dumpster.

--------------------

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

#740955 - 07/22/14 03:02 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

All my method does pretty much is make the plant ooze more sap-like resin. To the plant, every trim cut is a wound.

I would just recommend doing it to whatever I personally planned on smoking. The difference in the cut bud is that its so dank you can hardly hold a hit in. Trimming alive in the dirt is a giant pain in the ass so that's a reason to just do some. That and the comparison factor. 

The gumdrop strain I'm working with produces a very leafy indica bud but the small leaves look like they just came in from a snowstorm...

--------------------

Offlinewebster10

#740956 - 07/22/14 03:07 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I'll try this on one cola of a plant I'm growing but not the whole plant. Also it's a CBD strain so it'd be interesting to see how the cola reacts

InvisibleMr. Wilson
purty-weiner-dog

Re: trimming alive/ in ground [Re: TribalSeed] * 1
    #740957 - 07/22/14 03:25 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

talkin about that Malawi "cob"

--------------------
bit of last year's bounty

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
    #740961 - 07/22/14 03:54 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

You should buy a THC/CBD potency test kit and do a side by side test. People would be more inclined to believe you if you have hard evidence instead of just saying 'it works'.

InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

Re: trimming alive/ in ground [Re: Deadkndys420] * 1
    #740993 - 07/22/14 08:16 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

To be fair you're saying OPs thought process should have been:

"I just tried this thing, it seems to have had a strong and noticeable effect for me.  I should share this with others- oh wait in order to share my experiences on a forum I need to order some test kits and/or find some other way to prove to everyone that I'm not lying"

Seems a bit... excessive, considering he was just sharing something he noticed.  It's not like he's selling anything.

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Re: trimming alive/ in ground [Re: Mr. Wilson]
    #740995 - 07/22/14 08:25 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Mr. Wilson said:
talkin about that Malawi "cob"

Yeah thats it brother. I probably didn't hit the nail straight on the head for how its done, but that's interesting as hell.

--------------------

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Re: trimming alive/ in ground [Re: Inocuole]
    #741011 - 07/22/14 10:33 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Inocuole said:
To be fair you're saying OPs thought process should have been:

"I just tried this thing, it seems to have had a strong and noticeable effect for me.  I should share this with others- oh wait in order to share my experiences on a forum I need to order some test kits and/or find some other way to prove to everyone that I'm not lying"

Seems a bit... excessive, considering he was just sharing something he noticed.  It's not like he's selling anything.

You know I will agree with you. I don't want to chase off new members or anything like that.

But oeric, this is how it is around here. Its not that we aren't appreciative of the idea, its just we all have our own methods that work for us. Some are more apt to try different things, but still they do what they know works.

The reason we ask for some pics is so we can see if it is really worth the amount of time and effort put into it. Most of us have our gardens on a tight schedule or we are just too busy in our personal life to get way in depth with experimental methods.

We definitely appreciate it, so please don't take our posts offensively, however a little proof goes a long way around here.lol.

Seriously OP, thanks for bringing this method to us. Maybe someone will try it and post a bit of a harvest-log for us.

:happyweed:

--------------------

InvisibleInocuole
The Wind Fish

#741015 - 07/22/14 11:20 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

If I start my next grow in the near future I'll try it with one plant and report back here.  No real harm caused that I can tell.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale