Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: Recommend any good horror films? [Re: Fazed]
    #740520 - 07/17/14 12:06 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

If you've seen the grudge, watch ju-on. it's the original grudge. you're gonna have to be ok with subtitles
though. asians make the best horror films. honestly americans suck at horror.

i saw the devil is a good one

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Loc: Babylon
Re: Recommend any good horror films? [Re: iStoner]
    #740523 - 07/17/14 12:11 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

iStoner said:
If you've seen the grudge, watch ju-on. it's the original grudge. you're gonna have to be ok with subtitles

That movie is so good you don't really even mind the subtitles.

--------------------

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: Recommend any good horror films? [Re: TribalSeed]
    #740524 - 07/17/14 12:16 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

The perfect host, was a great one as well.

Quote:

TribalSeed said:
Quote:

iStoner said:

That movie is so good you don't really even mind the subtitles.

yeah, it's not horror but i recommend watching oldboy (not the us version)

man it has one of the best fight scenes i've ever seen.

i saw the devil is the movie i was tlaking about earlier about the possessed pregnancy i think.

--------------------

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

#740526 - 07/17/14 12:24 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

grave encounters 2 was good, i dont remember if the first one was good. But it's a GREAT horror film.

imma keep updating so you niggas better let me know how you like these movies im posting.

--------------------

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#740528 - 07/17/14 01:11 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

iStoner said:
grave encounters 2 was good, i dont remember if the first one was good. But it's a GREAT horror film.

imma keep updating so you niggas better let me know how you like these movies im posting.

The 2nd one was kinda eh for me, but the first one ruled as far as the scares go.

I seen the US version of oldboy on Netflix, haven't watched it.

Jeepers Creepers 1 and 2 were pretty good.
Nosferatu is good if you like silent film
The Stuff (reminds me of airplane for some reason)
Creepshow 1 and 2
The people under the stairs
Tales from the Hood
Wishmaster 1 -3
Darkness Falls
Dead End
Dead Snow (fucking killer)

--------------------

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

#740530 - 07/17/14 01:14 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

watch the original oldboy, i doubt ill ever watch the US one it probs sucks

--------------------

InvisibleFazed
and dazed

#740531 - 07/17/14 01:23 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

iStoner said:

Ok, I will :thumbup:

not all american horror's are bad dude! eg:

currently downloading dreamcatcher & vhs :awesham:

--------------------

InvisibleFazed
and dazed

#740532 - 07/17/14 01:29 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

TribalSeed said:
Quote:

iStoner said:

The 2nd one was kinda eh for me, but the first one ruled as far as the scares go.

Creepshow 1 and 2
Tales from the Hood
Wishmaster 1 -3
Darkness Falls
Dead End

I really enjoyed the first jeepers creepers although the ending was a lil cheesey :lol: never seen the sequel though...wishmaster is also a very good old school horror film.

man it seems like these days they can't create the same atmosphere as they used to, recently i watched mama & the conjouring and imo both were spoiled because of excessive use of cgi and typical 'hollywood' storyline. blair witch shits on both and its budget was a fraction of the cost.

--------------------

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

#740536 - 07/17/14 03:11 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

i know i named a few that were not foreign, such as the perfect host.

--------------------

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#740588 - 07/18/14 10:20 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Fazed said:
Quote:

TribalSeed said:
Quote:

iStoner said:

Creepshow 1 and 2
Tales from the Hood
Wishmaster 1 -3
Darkness Falls
Dead End

I really enjoyed the first jeepers creepers although the ending was a lil cheesey :lol: never seen the sequel though...wishmaster is also a very good old school horror film.

man it seems like these days they can't create the same atmosphere as they used to, recently i watched mama & the conjouring and imo both were spoiled because of excessive use of cgi and typical 'hollywood' storyline. blair witch shits on both and its budget was a fraction of the cost.

You are right man. I think that's why I never get excited for new scary movies. I thought the conjuring would have been pretty good, but at the end of it I was left disappointed. Mama sucked.
That seems like everyone's problem solver with movies now. Throw a bunch of money at it until its good. No creativity.

--------------------

InvisibleBen18
Drunk Derelict
Male User Gallery

#740634 - 07/18/14 06:04 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I am not a horror film fan but here is my contribution-

High Tension

InvisibleP-O

Re: Recommend any good horror films? [Re: Ben18]
    #740642 - 07/18/14 06:36 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

candyman 1

InvisibleFazed
and dazed

Re: Recommend any good horror films? [Re: P-O]
    #740692 - 07/19/14 08:55 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

P-O said:
candyman 1

Yep, great film.

I'll just throw out a few more for those looking for something new:

Cannibal Holocaust (shame about the real animal killings, I'm not into that shit)
Cannibal ferox
Cube
The eye
Wolf creek
American psycho
I spit on your grave (remake)
Rec
Bundy
Them
Cape fear
Killjoy (lol, jk.)

--------------------

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#740695 - 07/19/14 09:07 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Have you seen The Last Lovecraft? It was good for what it was, comedy. Kinda wish they would go big budget film on the call of cthulhu. Can you imagine seeing Cthulhu in a movie now? Shit would be epic. And not that black and white call of cthulhu either.

I saw The Last Lovecraft.  It was fun for the humor on mythos mix.  A year or two ago one of the major studios was going to do a big budget At The Mountains of Madness, which is my all time favorite Lovecraft story.  I was pretty excited, but then it got tabled.  Some people claim The Thing was a partial rip off of the story, but IMO way different.

Agreed a big cut of CoC would be awesome.  Saw the new Godzilla a few weeks ago and he was immense.  I was thinking that modern magic and writing styles could easily capture the look and feel of a Cthulhu encounter.  Go full balls with real psychotic shit happening.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#740730 - 07/19/14 08:39 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

CrayolaHalls said:
Quote:

Have you seen The Last Lovecraft? It was good for what it was, comedy. Kinda wish they would go big budget film on the call of cthulhu. Can you imagine seeing Cthulhu in a movie now? Shit would be epic. And not that black and white call of cthulhu either.

I saw The Last Lovecraft.  It was fun for the humor on mythos mix.  A year or two ago one of the major studios was going to do a big budget At The Mountains of Madness, which is my all time favorite Lovecraft story.  I was pretty excited, but then it got tabled.  Some people claim The Thing was a partial rip off of the story, but IMO way different.

Agreed a big cut of CoC would be awesome.  Saw the new Godzilla a few weeks ago and he was immense.  I was thinking that modern magic and writing styles could easily capture the look and feel of a Cthulhu encounter.  Go full balls with real psychotic shit happening.

Word. What was the movie with the guy from Jurassic Park? Wasn't it Mouth of madness take? I remember hearing about the one you are talking about. I wondered why nothing ever came of it.
Besides the stuart Gordon films and the ones Ezra Godin(?) were in, the other really awesome and close-to-the-story movie was the one with Vincent Price.....The Dunwich Horror I think.

Been dying to see Godzilla, probably have to wait for Netflix or Bluray.

Cool someone else likes Lovecraft. Whats your favorite old one? Think I got that right. Mine, besides Cthulhu, is Nyarlathotep and Azatoth.
On a side note, How in the hell do you actually say Cthulhu?

Quote:

Fazed said:
Quote:

P-O said:
candyman 1

Cannibal Holocaust (shame about the real animal killings, I'm not into that shit)

Is that the movie that was supposedly a real documentary filmed with tribes that still practiced cannibalism?
One day when the kids are gone, I'm gonna check that movie out.
I fucked up and watched the New Elm street when my daughter was up. The part in the library where "freddy" turns around real quick came on when she walked in the living room and scared her to death. Poor thing cried for like 10 minutes.lol

My wife has a deathly fear of clowns, so this morning I grabbed a clown mask and put it on while she was asleep and layed back in bed with her. I started rubbing her back and tickling her neck to wake her up.

Backfired, I got my nose bloodied. She knocked the shit out of me when she turned around and opened her eyes.lol. I deserved it, but at least I scared the fuck out of her. She screamed bloody murder.lol.

--------------------

InvisibleFazed
and dazed

#740755 - 07/20/14 08:22 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, that's the one. It was banned in a few countries for a while and the director was actually taken to court cos the cannibal killings looked so real, that was when he admitted to the real animal deaths like the big turtle that met its end with a knife being plunged into its body. Apparently there's an edited version with the animal deaths cut out...apart from those shitty scenes it's actually a very well done movie for its time & has great soundtrack!

--------------------

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#740757 - 07/20/14 08:51 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Cool someone else likes Lovecraft. Whats your favorite old one? Think I got that right. Mine, besides Cthulhu, is Nyarlathotep and Azatoth.

No idea how Lovecraft intended for Cthulhu to be said.  There is a lot of debate online.  I use the generic white boy saying - ka-thoo-loo

Nyarlathotep is my favorite, probably more so than Cthulhu.  I like the way it is has supposedly interwoven itself into so many religions and cultures.  I am pretty sure that Lovecraft got the idea for him from The King in Yellow, written by Robert Chambers.  Lovecraft cites Chambers as an influence in general.  Read his stuff and you can see where Lovecraft could have picked up a lot of techniques for building atmosphere and mystery.  I bet if you gave someone The King in Yellow and told them it was Lovecraft they would have a hard time telling the difference, especially on that specific story.

Donald Tyson wrote a book called Necronomicon that follows the journeys of the mad arab.  There is no attempt to pass it off as non-fiction and is not written in Lovecraft style, but it does make great use of horror and the mythos.  The "magical texts" written by Tyson are complete airy-fairy shit, not worth the money even to most Mythos fans.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Re: Recommend any good horror films? [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #740805 - 07/20/14 09:45 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

CrayolaHalls said:
Quote:

No idea how Lovecraft intended for Cthulhu to be said.  There is a lot of debate online.  I use the generic white boy saying - ka-thoo-loo

Nyarlathotep is my favorite, probably more so than Cthulhu.  I like the way it is has supposedly interwoven itself into so many religions and cultures.  I am pretty sure that Lovecraft got the idea for him from The King in Yellow, written by Robert Chambers.  Lovecraft cites Chambers as an influence in general.  Read his stuff and you can see where Lovecraft could have picked up a lot of techniques for building atmosphere and mystery.  I bet if you gave someone The King in Yellow and told them it was Lovecraft they would have a hard time telling the difference, especially on that specific story.

Donald Tyson wrote a book called Necronomicon that follows the journeys of the mad arab.  There is no attempt to pass it off as non-fiction and is not written in Lovecraft style, but it does make great use of horror and the mythos.  The "magical texts" written by Tyson are complete airy-fairy shit, not worth the money even to most Mythos fans.

I actually have Necronomicon, Alhazerad, and The 13 grimoires. I agree, the magical texts are kinda ridiculous, but I loved the actual story. He did a good job reviving my interest after so long with not much going on. Before that all I had besides Lovecraft was an Hr Giger art book and The Simon Necronomicon.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals