Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Smoke Report template * 4
    #655649 - 01/19/13 10:10 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

In a community like the Growery, there exists the potential to provide a phenomenal amount of information to both new and veteran growers. 
Because of the enormous, and ever-growing number of strains and breeders that exist in the cannabis world, it can be very helpful to have a catalogue of first-person experiences with those individual strains.
The reason for this is that many reviews consist of "This strain is dank!", "This strain got me so stoned!", or the usual "schwag", "reggie", "beasters", or "medical-grade" nomenclatures.  These descriptions do little in the way of indicating the traits each strain exhibits within the various phenotypes.

With that in mind, I've reviewed various smoke report templates available on multiple cannabis-centric forums, taken what I consider to be the most pertinent factors, and organized them into the following template for Growery members to use when reviewing strains with which they have experience.
Filling in this template will take some effort on the part of the users here, but could also be an invaluable feature of this site.  Therefore, if you know (with a reasonable degree of certainty) the strain and breeder of the buds you're smoking, I'm requesting that you copy and paste this template, fill it in to the best of your ability, and post it for our other members (present and future) to review.

---------------
SMOKE REPORT
---------------
Before beginning the report, please upload photos of the finished buds if you're able.
If no photos are available, please include a brief description including colors present in the bud and sugar leaves, quantity and color of pistils, and trichome concentration.

Date:
Strain name:
Breeder: (if not a commercial strain, information regarding the origin of the strain-if known)
Breeder's Description: (Usually found on commercial breeder websites)

Link to Growery Journal: (If report is being submitted by the grower)

Length of Cure: (if known)

Method of ingestion: (pipe, bong, joint, vape)
          *ensure that any glass is cleaned prior to use so that a pure sample is reported*

Aroma: (What various scents are present upon opening bag/jar; upon breaking the buds)
          *for common cannabis aroma profiles, refer to the jpeg at the bottom of the thread*

Flavor profile: (What flavors do you experience upon inhalation, upon exhalation, and any 
                      flavors that linger on the palate beyond exhalation)
          *for common cannabis flavor profiles, refer to the jpeg at the bottom of the thread*
Smoke characteristic: (Does it feel thick and heavy, or is it light and thin? Does the flavor
                                  dissipate soon after you exhale, or linger on the palate?  Does the
                                  smoke expand in your lungs or is it easy to hold the hit?)
Dosage: (How many hits, bowls, joints, grams, whatever)

Onset: Are the effects instantaneous, or is it a "creeper" high?

Potency: (On a scale from 1-10; 1 being very mild, 10 being very strong effects)

Psychoactive Characteristics: (common descriptors are cerebral, soaring, motivational, energizing, racy, tachycardic, stoney, narcotic, stupefying, disorienting, psychedelic, body-high, etc. Also address any effect on appetite, mindset, memory, sex drive/sexual activity, etc. Anything you notice, come up with your own too!)

Duration: (How long do the effects last?)

Final notes: (Does your experience with the strain match the breeder description? What's your overall reaction to the strain? If you are the grower, is this strain a keeper in your garden? Feel free to add any other comments, quirks, and/or notable effects)

Aroma Wheel

Flavor Wheel

Edited by 81renaissance (01/20/13 08:48 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineowngrown
cultivator of herb
Male User Gallery

Re: Smoke Report template [Re: 81renaissance] * 1
    #655690 - 01/20/13 11:47 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

idk if im sober enough to fill that out bro let alone read it.

cool colored wheels though:youthemandawg:

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Smoke Report template [Re: owngrown]
    #655692 - 01/20/13 12:10 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

:lol: I know it's a lot, but if people start using it, I'll start an alphabetized listing in documents where people can click the strain name and link to the report.
I thin kit'll be cool!

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Offlineowngrown
cultivator of herb
Male User Gallery

Re: Smoke Report template [Re: 81renaissance]
    #655704 - 01/20/13 01:46 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

fo sho

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

Loc: funkytown Flag
Re: Smoke Report template [Re: owngrown]
    #655771 - 01/21/13 07:54 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Date: 1/21/2013
Strain name: white widow max
Breeder: Purchased from San Diego Clone Conservatory original seed is unknown, but sdcc is a good org who i trust.
Breeder's Description: written description unavailable.

Link to Growery Journal: none on this strain, but do have journal on Green Crack from sdcc
Green Crack T5 LED FLOWER

Length of Flower: 72 days

Length of Cure: 3 weeks

Method of ingestion: glass blunt, or joint usually.

Aroma: very strange it starts out around day 30 of flower and smells like the sweetest berry's you've ever smelled. then starts getting earthy tones around day 55-65. full cure has the berry, the earthy, and a richness that's very heavy and lingers the longest in your nose. nothing on the wheel seems to describe it. i think blueberry/raspberry syrupy sweetness with i guess mushroom or wet wood earthy undertones.

Flavor profile: the flavor is very nice. the berry is less prominent on the tongue but is still there in the exhale. its a very smokey smoke that tastes rich and earthy. leaves the flavor of the berry and wood on your tongue just drenched in this richness that overwhelms in a good way. would say there is the oak/cork/caramel part of the spectrum.

Smoke characteristic: it is a pretty thick and heavy smoke that does cause some coughing. i should smoke from a bong more though. it does linger for a bit. the oak/cork/caramel richness sticks around for a while. makes for a very good joint to puff on while working in the yard or taking the dog for a walk.

Appearance: grows like an indica. short bushy with many bud sights. this strain does great with lst too to get dozens of little 8th sack size branches. dark green with orange hairs. resin production is good and makes lots of great shake since the glands spread out far past just the buds.

Dosage: it doenst seem to be that heavy on the head. your throat will be done before your brain is. good day time smoke, but does cause a bit a sedation. does cause lethargy when its the only med iv got cured and its all im smoking for a couple weeks.

Onset: effects are pretty instant. you get the soaring high and the tingle in your nose and behind your eyes by the time your done with your bowl. isnt super strong and can easily be smoked all day without causing disturbance to daily tasks or driving unless your smoking for sport.

Potency: id estimate it being about 15% active or so. im going off what dispensaries say is "23% top shelf fire brah" comparison. could be my lighting conditions not getting full potential but more than likely its just a mid level high. being an all day smoker i prefer being high over stoned so this works for me just fine.

Psychoactive Characteristics: this strain has a pretty mild calming relaxing effect. not too much sativa that your heart races or you get energized, but doesnt make you lazy. typical mellow high that is fairly short lived. ill top off every few hours when im smoking this. it does seem to cause some lethargy when it is the only thing im smoking which does get irritating. in a perfect world this would be my after work strain.

Duration: for me about an hour then im feeling pretty much sober again, maybe a bit tired or bored feeling.

Final notes: all in all its a good strain. its easy to grow and less prone to powdery mildew which my green crack has gotten in the same tent. takes well to lst yields well cures fast. im happy with it.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Smoke Report template [Re: GreenHorns]
    #655774 - 01/21/13 09:40 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Nice, man!
Great report, and thanks for taking the time to do it!
:kenthumbup:

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

#655775 - 01/21/13 09:45 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

for sure! im all over it.
got my green crack en route, a couple indica clones from a craigslist deal vegging, and vanilla kush wrapping up germination. more to come in following months!

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #737518 - 06/24/14 05:30 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Okay stoners, looks like it's up to me to keep the possibility alive of legitimizing the Growery as a destination for growers and stoners seeking actual Cannabis information!
:seriousbusiness:

I'm gonna start hitting up those of you with killer grow logs to contribute here in the smoke report thread.  You've already gone to the trouble of creating a grow log over the course of several MONTHS, why stop short of letting people know exactly what you've achieved?!

Also, if you purchase from a legit dispensary and you know the genetics you're chiefin' on, you can contribute here too...it's not like there's a shit-ton of new posts going up for you to read. :grin:

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

#737556 - 06/24/14 10:05 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Fuck good point. Been meaning to do one for my most recent strain.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Loc: Babylon
Re: Smoke Report template [Re: GreenHorns]
    #737714 - 06/26/14 10:20 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I will hook you up with a report for Greenhouse's Trainwreck, Bubba Kush, and World of seeds NLxSK1 and 00 Seeds bubble gum. Would be cool to have a subforum just for smoke reports. A thread is cool, but on the outside looking in.....its a pain in the ass to search through a thread for one particular thing. If we had a subforum we could just make a new thread for each different strain we review.

Cool idea bro! Shit would help a lot of growers to decide their next grow as well.
We could have a leafly like thing going on, but with a better explanation of each strain, from harvest to smoke.lol
Link back to our growlogs of that strain too.

Awesome idea.
:happyclaps:

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Smoke Report template [Re: TribalSeed]
    #737734 - 06/26/14 01:37 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks man!
The way things historically have happened here is that we gather momentum for a subforum within a thread, and then when the participation gets to a certain point we can address the feasibility of a dedicated sub.  At this point though, you can see that we haven't gotten to that level of participation.  While we wait for that to happen, I'll begin compiling reports into a site doc with links to the grow logs...then nobody will have to search for the thread, just go to the doc that contains all the reports and grow log links.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies