Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
some pictures from work :) * 2
    #737384 - 06/23/14 08:14 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

so a few weeks ago i scored a BADASS job. landed a trimmer position at a really nice dispensary. really good company to work for, and they're expanding quickly right now. for the first 2 weeks i was at one store, working in the back in the grow, trimming. they transferred me to their warehouse grow to trim, and i started working at that spot today. the grow is at least twice as big as the first grow i was working in. and it gets better...

we have a new grow set up that we're moving into in the next week or 2. it's pretty much ready to go. lights are hung, AC is blastin, and theres already 300 plants in there in various stages vegging right now. this building is about to get crazy... 4 licenses, 3 for stores and 1 for hash production, with 500 plants being dedicated to hash production alone.

this new building is going to have 240 lights total, not counting T5s. 2 flower rooms, each with 90 lights, 1000w a piece. thats 180,000 watts. plus 60 600w metal halides for vegging...

i'm just trimming right now, but i'm pretty sure i'll get bumped up to a grower once we get the new building in full operation. until then, i thought i'd post some pictures i took today.

the only pic of the new place i got

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewebster10

Re: some pictures from work :) [Re: CrushNazT] * 2
    #737397 - 06/23/14 08:49 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Wow this post really makes me want recreational weed in my state :feelsbadman:

Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur

Loc: Cannafornia
Re: some pictures from work :) [Re: CrushNazT]
    #737408 - 06/23/14 10:45 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Beautiful site to see, and the fact it's being done legitimately and legally is totally awesome.

500 plants solely for hash :drooling: . What sort of method will be used for the hash production?

What sorts of strains do they have going there?

Also curious what your pay like?

-OM

--------------------

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Re: some pictures from work :) [Re: openmind]
    #737437 - 06/24/14 06:19 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

we've been sending our trim to Colorado Extract Company (i believe is what its called) to process into BHO. from what ive heard, they want to get a closed loop system at this new grow so we can do the extractions in-house. pretty sure that's what one of the licenses is for. that's definitely not my area though. idk much about blasting butane.

ive trimmed so many plants/strains that i cant remember them all lol; casey jones, flo, OG, willie nelson, pac10, blue dream, blue god, critical mass X white widow, durban poison, vanilla kush, grape kush, green crack, sour willie... the list goes on. i think we have about 80 strains between the grows.

the pay is great, and so are the hours. i work monday through saturday 8-4:30ish. better than anywhere else i've worked. they dont care if we work overtime and dont mind paying us overtime either. i'm in a probationary period for my first 3 months. i started at $10 an hour and from what i hear the owners are cool as fuck and if you work your ass off, they'll notice and hook you up with raises and bonuses. they even hook people up with loans. this is definitely a company i can see myself working for, for years. i think this might end up being my career, especially if i become a grower.

i think that new building is going to hold about 4000 plants. theyre going to need a few more veg and flower growers, not to mention trimmers. so i have a good feeling i'll get promoted to a grower when we move to the new spot and are up and running. i think growers can make $15-20 an hour.

InvisibleMycophile
 User Gallery

#737447 - 06/24/14 08:44 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Casey Jones is a good one :yesnod:

InvisibleP-O

Re: some pictures from work :) [Re: Mycophile]
    #737512 - 06/24/14 04:47 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Great pics

thanks for sharing crush  :hi5:

Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur

Loc: Cannafornia
    #737521 - 06/24/14 07:12 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Duuude...That sounds way too legit of a job and company to work for, I'm a bit envious. That's cool though, good for you man :thumbup: .

I'm hoping California legalizes in 2016, and goes about it in a similar manner that Colorado has.

-OM

--------------------

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

Loc: funkytown Flag
    #737566 - 06/25/14 04:16 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quite an expose on your work hopefully it.doesn't raise any unwanted eyebrows with the boss. Whats a commercial unit go for out there?

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

#737575 - 06/25/14 06:00 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

openmind said:
Duuude...That sounds way too legit of a job and company to work for, I'm a bit envious. That's cool though, good for you man :thumbup: .

I'm hoping California legalizes in 2016, and goes about it in a similar manner that Colorado has.

-OM

so far everything we produce is medical only. the CO springs city council banned rec sales last year, but people are trying to change that. the new stores in pueblo and vail will be recreational from what i hear, and im sure theyll have their own grows at each place. itd be nice to see california go recreational soon. i think a lot of states will adopt a similar system to colorados. the most important thing is to create a new state amendment so it's in your constitution. that, along with the MED regulations prevent the DEA from coming in and picking off anyone they want. the cali mmj system seems a bit weird to me.

Quote:

GreenHorns said:
Quite an expose on your work hopefully it.doesn't raise any unwanted eyebrows with the boss. Whats a commercial unit go for out there?

i got the OK to take pics and video. theyre cool with it. im not giving out locations of grows or anything lol no idea how much it costs, but im guessing a lot.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies