Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinec1d
Stranger

Jardin darkroom tent vs HTG grow tent - worth the extra $ for Jardin
    #736895 - 06/20/14 07:43 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

So after digging through about every different pre-built grow tent kit available, I'm coming to find that they are indeed over priced which wasn't a deal breaker necessarily, but also are not optimal grow spaces by any means with the included equipment - So I have finally settled on piecing together my own tent piece by piece.

So the two tents I'm looking at to begin construction with was originally the HTG 2x3x5, but after reading some reviews on it, I've seen a few people suggest the Jardin grow tents of which I'm looking at the 3x3x6 model (Darkroom 2.5). There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of info as to why people are preferring Jardin tents for the extra $100 price jump from HTG aside from that it's truly sealed to be light proof at the zippers, and I personally like the fact it doesn't have the big green leaf symbol on the top front that screams grow tent.

So the HTG tent comes in at around $90, the Jardin at $190, and wondering if you guys have any input? After reading some different grow threads, it seems like that extra foot on the Jardin will also come in handy, as it seems running out of room can be the bane of newcomers first grows.

Thanks for any input!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepopcorn900
MMU
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Jardin darkroom tent vs HTG grow tent - worth the extra $ for Jardin *DELETED* [Re: c1d]
    #736910 - 06/20/14 08:57 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by popcorn900

Reason for deletion: na

Offlinec1d
Stranger

Re: Jardin darkroom tent vs HTG grow tent - worth the extra $ for Jardin [Re: popcorn900]
    #736915 - 06/20/14 09:35 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Well the HTG is $90 so I mean you can't really beat that price by much unless your stitching up your own tent, I just saw some people suggesting the Jardin tent without reason and wondering if anyone may know why.

There are actually a couple of cheaper no name ones that I inquired about the frame materials for them, which I'd probably go with before the HTG tent, as that bugs the shit out of me that there is a big green leaf symbol smack dab on the front of their tent.

Edited by c1d (06/20/14 09:44 AM)

Offlinepopcorn900
MMU
Male

Re: Jardin darkroom tent vs HTG grow tent - worth the extra $ for Jardin *DELETED* [Re: c1d]
    #736918 - 06/20/14 09:47 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger
Re: Jardin darkroom tent vs HTG grow tent - worth the extra $ for Jardin [Re: popcorn900]
    #736919 - 06/20/14 10:03 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

in your other post i did tell you about gotham hydro website were i did get my tent from.. for the size you are looking for you will be in the $90 range. There tents are very strong frame wise and there cloth is a 900d with is 50% thicker then the htg brands.  I was looking at htg before cause they have a store about 40mins from were i live so i checked it out and as soon as i saw the quality of the tents i walked out cause there not that good at all. I am VERY VERY happy with my tent i got from gotham that is the reason why im bring it up again.

secret jarden is a good brand.. but one thing to keep in mind is they addvatise in grow mags. So with them doing that they have to charge more for the products to cover that cost. If you go with jarden u will be happy for the quality but... you can find a good quality tent for less also that is not a name brand .. just got to do your research on that part to find the good ones.

Offlinec1d
Stranger

Re: Jardin darkroom tent vs HTG grow tent - worth the extra $ for Jardin [Re: Mrshroom]
    #736924 - 06/20/14 10:19 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Ahh that is right, I completely forgot about you suggesting Gotham, I will definitely check them out here - thanks for the reminder on that!

As far as tallness goes, I know the sky is the limit for height you can use, but is a 6' tent a good size for a grow tent?

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger
Re: Jardin darkroom tent vs HTG grow tent - worth the extra $ for Jardin [Re: c1d]
    #736928 - 06/20/14 10:43 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

they have all differnt sizes at gotham.. 

but for the 6foot part if u have the room for it i would go with it cause look at it this way.. u dont have to grow your plants super big if u dont want to but the smaller they are the the less u bud u will get.. but if u buy a small tent and have the room for a taller one and you decide that you want to grow bigger in the future then you will have to spend alot more money.. so u will wast money on a smaller tent were you could spend another 50-70  for a bigger one. i view it as its better to have extra room to play wiht... like right now im using the 6.5x6.5x6.5. and i let my plants get to big and the room is stuffed and had to take 4 plants out and bring them to my patients flower room and my room is still stuffed. (ill post a pic today my grow log). now i know your not looking to go as big as i am but extra head space is a great thing for plants cause you also got to remember is that when they go into flower they stretch a good amount.

well just for example i just looked it up at gotham real quick
3x1'7"x5  is $91.75
4x2x5 is $104.95
4x4x7 is $ 138.95
6.5x6.5x6.5 is $169.95

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Jardin darkroom tent vs HTG grow tent - worth the extra $ for Jardin [Re: c1d] * 1
    #736929 - 06/20/14 10:44 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I've used just about every tent out. HTG is junk, Appollo tents are decent and are pretty much a blatent copy of the Jardins. Agro tents are ok and cheap. I myself use Jadins and won't use anything else. Easily the strongest I've seen and I've been growing since 1985. Jardins are also thermal protected so the cops can't pick up the lights if you live in a area where that is a worry. The inside is a computer design in the reflective material and not just any white mylar or dimpled surface.
They don't tear as easy and I can hang from the light holders in them and no other tent could hold my weight let alone even come close.

Since your new I'd go with some cheap tent. Newbs tend to make a ton of changes to their gardens quite often and if you end up wanting to change up the grow space the tent didn't cost much.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinec1d
Stranger

Re: Jardin darkroom tent vs HTG grow tent - worth the extra $ for Jardin [Re: Magash]
    #736946 - 06/20/14 01:04 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
I've used just about every tent out. HTG is junk, Appollo tents are decent and are pretty much a blatent copy of the Jardins. Agro tents are ok and cheap. I myself use Jadins and won't use anything else. Easily the strongest I've seen and I've been growing since 1985. Jardins are also thermal protected so the cops can't pick up the lights if you live in a area where that is a worry. The inside is a computer design in the reflective material and not just any white mylar or dimpled surface.
They don't tear as easy and I can hang from the light holders in them and no other tent could hold my weight let alone even come close.

Since your new I'd go with some cheap tent. Newbs tend to make a ton of changes to their gardens quite often and if you end up wanting to change up the grow space the tent didn't cost much.

Thanks for info! I was actually wondering if the insulation would contain most of the heat, or if exhaust from the tent would fill the room up with equivalent temperature to make an even larger heat signature overhead. I don't immediately suspect that I'm in a fly by zone, but I would hate to find out that I am if I can take care of that by spending a bit more on the tent, and after researching different lights I figure I will probably go with HID to start as it seems to be the most reliable (though it's also more money and heat to run) - So if that Jardin can hold heat in pretty well that is a huge plus.

Also it seems that standard measurements are either 2.5'x2.5', or 3'x3', and wondering if that would be a good amount of room for 2 plants or if the 4'x2' is a better option?

Thanks for all the input, it's like a sea of information to wade through with wildly varying opinions on every aspect of growing.

OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Southeast US
Re: Jardin darkroom tent vs HTG grow tent - worth the extra $ for Jardin [Re: c1d]
    #736959 - 06/20/14 02:09 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I use an Agromax 5x5x8 and I LOVE IT!  Best 200 bucks I've ever spent.  When I have everything in place like it should be, I have NO light leaks at all.  The waterproof floor is awesome!  I was on a budget and very pleased with my purchase.  I pieced my setup together for half the price of buying a complete kit.  My 1K HPS light was bought off Craigslist for only 100 bucks, came with bulb, digital greenhouse 1k watt ballast and socket so I was stoked!  Best of luck finding a tent that suits your needs.

Offlinec1d
Stranger

Re: Jardin darkroom tent vs HTG grow tent - worth the extra $ for Jardin [Re: ShroomingChaos]
    #736969 - 06/20/14 02:44 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah I think my ideal height is at 6', as I plan to be moving within the next year, so I want something short enough to be able to fit in smaller spaces if need be but after really measuring up the 5 footer I can see that running out of top room during flowering.

After looking around, its interesting that a 6' tent really seems to be an odd size, as most dimensions tall wise are either 5' or 7', so more and more that Jardin is making sense to grab.

Offlinepopcorn900
MMU
Male

Re: Jardin darkroom tent vs HTG grow tent - worth the extra $ for Jardin *DELETED* [Re: ShroomingChaos]
    #736972 - 06/20/14 02:54 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by popcorn900 (06/20/14 07:14 PM)

Offlinec1d
Stranger

Re: Jardin darkroom tent vs HTG grow tent - worth the extra $ for Jardin [Re: popcorn900] * 2
    #736978 - 06/20/14 03:31 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Brand name or not if an extra $100 conceals the heat signature of a grow, I consider that an investment, not a waste of money :shrug:

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
    #736983 - 06/20/14 03:41 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

:werd:

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
    #736984 - 06/20/14 03:44 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

popcorn900 said:
can you please rate me so I can get rid of the Unrated status in my profile?

Offlinec1d
Stranger

Re: Jardin darkroom tent vs HTG grow tent - worth the extra $ for Jardin [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #736994 - 06/20/14 06:17 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Went ahead and just ordered the Jardin Darkroom 2.5 (3x3x6), as I cannot find any negative remarks about it, except people complaining about the price of it. It's amazing how growers lose their freakin minds on message boards when someone suggests getting a tent for over $10, I've never seen that like I have in my search for a grow area solution.

I'm going to research and accumulate parts over the next couple months to build this tent out, and take a dry run at maybe tomatoes, as my living situation doesn't allow me to grow pot with any sort of peace of mind.

So the deed is done, onward and upward :smile:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #736998 - 06/20/14 06:34 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

c1d said:
Went ahead and just ordered the Jardin Darkroom 2.5 (3x3x6), as I cannot find any negative remarks about it, except people complaining about the price of it. It's amazing how growers lose their freakin minds on message boards when someone suggests getting a tent for over $10, I've never seen that like I have in my search for a grow area solution.

I'm going to research and accumulate parts over the next couple months to build this tent out, and take a dry run at maybe tomatoes, as my living situation doesn't allow me to grow pot with any sort of peace of mind.

So the deed is done, onward and upward :smile:

lol.....wait till you see people fight about the price of seeds and the genetics and so on. That is probably the biggest area of complaints in growing.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Offlinepopcorn900
MMU
Male

Re: Jardin darkroom tent vs HTG grow tent - worth the extra $ for Jardin *DELETED* [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #737001 - 06/20/14 07:13 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #737022 - 06/20/14 08:47 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Nah, the ratings are pretty much used like they should be. There was a member years ago that asked for good ratings and as a joke everybody gave him bad ratings. That just carried over to anybody that comes out a asks to be rated.

--------------------

Offlinec1d
Stranger

Re: Jardin darkroom tent vs HTG grow tent - worth the extra $ for Jardin [Re: Magash]
    #737026 - 06/20/14 11:02 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

You are all good brother, just calm down a bit, if I want to blow my money on bull shit just give me your opinion and let me go about my way - the secondary post saying "At least you didn't need to waste your money..." I considered rude and kind of pissed me off.

If you don't want to spend your money on higher end, 'brand name' shit, don't do it - but don't continuously lash me in my own thread for it.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds