Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejohn.smith418
Stranger
 User Gallery
Pineapple Chunk needs your help please
    #734641 - 06/04/14 02:43 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Hey guys, This thing has been growning under T5 2' blue veg lights since
mid March in a closet (3 sets of fixtures for about the last 2-3 weeks). It's in Fox Farm Happy Frog soil and has been fed a solution of : [ 5ml Cal-Mag , 4 Tbs FF Big Bloom , 3 tsp FF Grow Big , 1/2 cup Hydrogen Peroxide , 2 Tbs 0-10-0 Bat Guano , 1 Tbs Epsom Salt , 2 tsp FF Boomerang  , 1 tsp FF Kangaroots , 2 Tbs Azatrol ] (ALL PER GALLON IN THE SAME GALLON OF SPRING WATER ) since the end of April every other watering. I've seen extremely small white bugs for as long as I can remember and have been battling them just trying to keep the population down since. (I question that this is the problem in the back of my mind) But as you'll see in the pictures the oldest leaves started to turn yellow and brown in spots and eventually died within the last couple weeks and is now starting to kill off some of the growth on new shoots on the bottom, but the top looks ungodly healthy and the plant seems to be continuing to grow. It's still in a 1 gallon pot which I thought could possibly be the issue as well and have been considering transplanting in to a 3 or 5 gallon potter with Subcool's Super Soil Recipe. We've tested pH and N-P-K along the way with Luster Leaf Rapitest and have gotten good results every time (also brings up if this is a good test kit or not). Any input would be helpful and GREATLY APPRECIATED. I'm new to all this and really don't want to see this beauty go down the drain!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pineapple Chunk needs your help please [Re: john.smith418]
    #734644 - 06/04/14 03:11 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#734657 - 06/04/14 04:09 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

john.smith418 said:
fed a solution of : [ 5ml Cal-Mag , 4 Tbs FF Big Bloom , 3 tsp FF Grow Big , 1/2 cup Hydrogen Peroxide , 2 Tbs 0-10-0 Bat Guano , 1 Tbs Epsom Salt , 2 tsp FF Boomerang  , 1 tsp FF Kangaroots , 2 Tbs Azatrol ] (ALL PER GALLON IN THE SAME GALLON OF SPRING WATER ) since the end of April every other watering.

Im no expert but I'm pretty sure you're WAY over-feeding that poor girl.

--------------------
:firecum:

Offlinejohn.smith418
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Pineapple Chunk needs your help please [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #734707 - 06/04/14 10:55 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
  seed

2. How old are your plants?     
    11 weeks

3. How tall are your plants? 
    just over 2 feet

4. What size containers are they planted in? 
  1 gallon , just transplanted into 5 gallon

5. What is your soil mix?
  was just straight FF Happy Frog; now transplanted into 1 bag Happy Frog per :: 4 lbs worm casting, 5/8 lb Blood Meal, 5/8 lb Bat Guano, 5/8 lb Bone Meal, 1/8 cup Epsom Salt, 1/8 cup Dolomite Lime, 1/4 Tbs Humic Acid, and 3/8 lb Rock Phosphate

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use and how much you give per watering?
  I water every 2 days or so depending on how dry it feels using spring water. I let it run out approx 20%.

7. What is the pH of your water? 
    the test I did most recently looked to be really close to 7.0

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
  Other than the mix it got replanted into I've been giving it a mix of [ 5ml Cal-Mag , 4 Tbs FF Big Bloom , 3 tsp FF Grow Big , 1/2 cup Hydrogen Peroxide , 2 Tbs 0-10-0 Bat Guano , 1 Tbs Epsom Salt , 2 tsp FF Boomerang  , 1 tsp FF Kangaroots , 2 Tbs Azatrol ] (ALL PER GALLON IN THE SAME GALLON OF SPRING WATER )

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
    The only thing I've been spraying is Azatrol.

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
    I have 6 - 24 Watt, 2 ft T5 flourescents ; 2 bulbs over head are 6500 K , 2 bulbs on one side are 6500 K , and 2 bulbs on other side are 3000 K

11. How close are your lights to the plants?
    6 or 7 inches

12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
    3 ft X 2.25 ft

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
    50-60% humidity , 75-80 *F

14. What is the pH of the soil?
    Around 7.0

15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
    Tiny white bugs so small you have to focus on one spot to see them.

16. How much experience do you have growing?
    The last few months other than outdoors.

OfflineGanjaganj
Stranger
    #734711 - 06/05/14 12:29 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

If you're already doing cal mag on top of everything else you can definitely go without the Epsom salt. Also half a cup of peroxide is a shit ton, even if its the 3% solution that's incredible overkill to the point it will be bad for your roots. If you are using Kangaroots why are you using peroxide? H202 (peroxide) will harm/kill your beneficial microbes, which is what Kangaroots is.

If youre going to continue using Cal mag, stop with the Epsom salt and if youre going to continute with the kangaroots stop with the peroxide.

If youre doing soil Id avoid peroxide all together, too much of the benefit in soil is the microbial activity breaking down many of your nutrients into forms that easier for the plant to utilize.

Good luck!

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pineapple Chunk needs your help please [Re: Ganjaganj]
    #734714 - 06/05/14 02:17 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Get rid of the Cal-Mag. Use 1 Tbs big bloom, 3 tsp fox farm grow big (this alone is enough to cause burning over time)use 1.5 tsp per gallon, Get rid of these Hydrogen Peroxide , Bat Guano , Epsom Salt. There is guano in the big bloom why are you adding it again?  and why during the vegetative phase The kangaroots and boomerang are fine but you won't notice a bit of difference if you don't use them.

Read up flushing cause I'm gonna say you need to do it in order to save that plant.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinejohn.smith418
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Pineapple Chunk needs your help please [Re: Magash]
    #734746 - 06/05/14 07:21 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks guys, so one last question... Should I re-replant this thing back in to straight soil? In other words will the super soil be the straw that broke pineapple chunk's back? Or will I be alright just flushing flushing flushing?

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#734749 - 06/05/14 07:36 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Flush. Run at least 10 - 15  gallons of clean water through it then leave it alone for awhile.

--------------------
:firecum:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #734834 - 06/05/14 03:43 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

When you flush you want to run at least 3 times the amount of the pot. 5 gallon pot 15 gallons of water used for the flush and so on.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pineapple Chunk needs your help please [Re: Magash]
    #734996 - 06/06/14 01:39 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I would also add that you may want more light.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds