Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Smoke Lounge

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anxiety and weed...
    #731741 - 05/16/14 10:01 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

This may be a long read, but please... read it?

I know this has been discussed MANY times. I wanted to share my own stories with you and get your feedback. I'm 24 right now and started smoking at around 15-16 in Junior year of high-school. My friend and I would adventure from Irvine to Los Angeles and smoke under the big buildings in downtown LA and listen to some amazing electronic music. A time a greatly miss and wish I could relive, as it was a life changing time. I would smoke at home soon after and we'd continue these amazing trips to LA.

After a year or two I started feeling some odd rush of adrenaline, either just going to restaurants or to LA. One night I beat Gears of War 2 from star to finish and as the credits were rolling my heart started to go fast, and I knew another "hearth racing event" was coming. I told a girl I was talking to that it was happening again and I had to close the laptop and look at the credits rolling. This time was different and I actually had to yell to my parents sleeping upstairs. Just yelling for my mom made my heart race faster because it was "actually happening" and worse than before.

That night I had a full blown panic attack and couldn't leave the couch to even go to the bathroom. My mom gave me a xanax (0.5 mg) which helped a lot. I was actually "couch" ridden for a full week and could barely get off it without my heart racing and thinking I would have a heart attack.

after 4-6 months I recovered, after dropping out of the nearby community college due to it. I moved to Santa Monica and started community college there and I was eventually able to start smoking again. Before I had these panic attacks I was smoked a lot. Eighths every week or so, and when I started back up I was smoking at least an eighth of high quality weed every few days from a large bong. I loved it. I absolutely enjoyed music and it.

I eventually got engaged and was having an amazing time, until it hit again and I started feeling the heart racing again from the weed. I have since stopped (engaged for 3 years now, so about 5 years stopped from smoking a lot of weed).

I'm on effexor (for anxiety) and metoprolol (beta-blocker to stop the heart beating ard). If I miss a dose of metoprolol I feel my heart beating way harder than usualy.

I miss marijuana very much, I actually have had a few nights crying because I miss the times I've had with my friends and even fiancee smoking it and just relaxing to music looking at the city. I hate anxiety with a passion and I wish I could smoke.

I take a hit of weed and it seems my body is trained to be anxious from it. My heart races a bit and I can't smoke more. I'l take a Xanax when I feel like I may panic, and stop smoking. I fear the day that Xanax may stop working.

If anyone has advice please help. And thank you for reading through all of this, Seriously.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Are my eyes red?

Re: Anxiety and weed... [Re: Noctem]
    #731743 - 05/16/14 10:16 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

My advice...don't smoke weed.

That Guy

Loc: Southeastern U.S.
Re: Anxiety and weed... [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #731759 - 05/16/14 02:43 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

bEelzeBosS said:
My advice...don't smoke weed.

“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

Arcade Champion: Simon

Re: Anxiety and weed... [Re: agmotes165] * 1
    #731822 - 05/16/14 08:14 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

get off those shitty pharmy drugs.... they are bad for your body and mind in long term use.

Invisiblepoor boy
Village Idiot
 User Gallery

Re: Anxiety and weed... [Re: P-O]
    #731835 - 05/16/14 10:20 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

I can't smoke anymore because of anxitey. I use to go through an oz a week of some fine canadian chronic back in the day and be fine. Now, I take 1 hit of dirt shit weed and I get stuck in a paranoid loop and start focusing on all of my insecurities.

I decuided that I needed to quit and I did.

I dsuggest that if yo really want thc, eat it. For me its all body and no head sshiyt.

Learning to love life by living through loss and mistakes
Lessons learned then gradually surfacing, Letting go, stripping naked to scream
I am not perfect nor do I strive to be, I am alive in this world of face first falls and public breakdowns
I'm a retarded, disfigured clown
Dying to be heard through the simple art of letting this heavy wall finally fall
I'm an equal being of no race, or color, a hallucination if you will
Sneaking into the lives of strangers, and letting them fall apart to a new rhythm just to feel better

Drunk Derelict
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Beach Bobbing Bob, Funky Pong, Spank the Monkey

Re: Anxiety and weed... [Re: Noctem]
    #731839 - 05/16/14 10:48 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Had the same problem after years of smoking so I quit, completely.
Just in the last year I have started smoking small amounts again and the anxiety has seemed to disappear. I will also add that Green Dragon (alcohol infused with weed) really has been my preferred and most enjoyable method of taking marijuana now.

Take a break, drink beer for awhile then try some green dragon.

I promise good results.

Astral Beast

Re: Anxiety and weed... [Re: Ben18]
    #731961 - 05/18/14 12:26 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

i used to have that problem, you just need to smoke when you are in a better
mindstate. and dont think about the fact you might get anxious. let go and
enjoymaybe use a small benzo dose when you smoke it'll mellow it out

Re: Anxiety and weed... [Re: iStoner]
    #731971 - 05/18/14 02:06 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

harden the fuck up :tongue:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Smoke Lounge