Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMr.E.Man
Stranger

Newbie dry/cure question
    #729417 - 05/04/14 04:10 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Hello there. Newbie on grow numero uno. Its very nearly harvest time and I'm starting to wonder how to go about drying.

I'm limited in space and the free (cupboard) space I HAD is now occupado by my girls and isn't a viable solution.

I have a clear Rubbermaid box that is a good depth and size for what i need but as I stated, its clear. So my question is; Is there a way for me to utilise this box even though its clear? Said box has 1/4" holes drilled every 2" in a grid formation on all 6 sides. (Used for another project. If you been to Growery's sister site you know what this is :wink:)

I already thought of putting the box in a dark space but I don't have anywhere big enough to hold it that has enough airflow :/

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreiciated!

Mr.E.Man

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Newbie dry/cure question [Re: Mr.E.Man] * 1
    #729425 - 05/04/14 08:40 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

How much bud do you have?

What I plan on doing is using a cardboard wardrobe box and having a computer fan or two  sucking the air out.

InvisibleP-O

Re: Newbie dry/cure question [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #729427 - 05/04/14 08:48 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Ive used rubber maids to dry large amounts before. 

I just pointed a fan on the top and made sure i mixed it around every few hours so the bottom one were getting a chance to be dried too.

Its not the best way to dry but it has worked for me in the past when i needed to dry quickly.  (no one wants to buy wet smoke)

OfflineMr.E.Man
Stranger

Re: Newbie dry/cure question [Re: P-O]
    #729444 - 05/04/14 11:51 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
How much bud do you have?

What I plan on doing is using a cardboard wardrobe box and having a computer fan or two  sucking the air out.

Its only gonna be one plant for now. Next one comes down in another week or so. (Different strains) I have a small cardboard box big enough to hang all my stems in but my computer fans blew up so my only ventilation is an oscillating tower fan :/

Quote:

P-O said:
Ive used rubber maids to dry large amounts before. 

I just pointed a fan on the top and made sure i mixed it around every few hours so the bottom one were getting a chance to be dried too.

Its not the best way to dry but it has worked for me in the past when i needed to dry quickly.  (no one wants to buy wet smoke)

As above. Its only a couple of plants and my rubbermaid copy is big enough to hang my stems in but its a clear box and its got the holes and such so I'm not sure if that would pose a problem or not? Maybe they would dry too fast or something :/

These are my options.

OfflineMr.E.Man
Stranger

Re: Newbie dry/cure question [Re: Mr.E.Man]
    #729707 - 05/05/14 03:02 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Really? 40 views and only 2 people had any ideas :frown:

I can do this without any input but the end product would probably be compromised because I'm sure I'll do something wrong and dry them to quickly because of my options.

Could I just use the old cardboard box, hang my stems at the top on some clothes line and cut some flaps? If so how many flaps/holes and where?

All I'm worried about is ending up with an inferior product and I'm sure one of you guys/gals can prevent that from happening with your wisdom and experience :laugh:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #729708 - 05/05/14 04:32 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineMr.E.Man
Stranger

Re: Newbie dry/cure question [Re: phychotron]
    #729710 - 05/05/14 05:34 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/704754

Thanks bro. That's something I will keep in mind for when I have the funding to buy the extras but right now its 3 days to chop and that's what I got... The cardboard box (may have a larger one somewhere), the peppered "project" box, some twine, some nylon clothes line, some thumb tacks and the tower fan for circulation :thumbdown:

Its annoying but its what I have and I'd rather know how to use what I have to the best of my ability than just take an educated guess and possibly have it all go Pete tong  :peyotezen:

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
    #729717 - 05/05/14 07:49 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

i dry in an empty closet. i trim the buds and hang them upside down on clothes hangers. i have a humidifier on low keeping the room at 60% humidity, temp at 68F, with a small fan on low pointed at the wall. im on day 9 of drying and everything is going awesome. way better than my previous attempts. i'll probably make it 12-14 days total in the dry room before jarring.

i always seem to fuck up the dry/cure, but i think i've got it right this time with such a long dry. the 5-7 days i've done before definitely werent long enough and the taste, flavor, and smoothness wasnt all there.

OfflineMr.E.Man
Stranger

Re: Newbie dry/cure question [Re: CrushNazT]
    #729719 - 05/05/14 08:08 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Hey Crush. Im glad to hear you are getting along nicely on your journey :smile:

Unfortunately I don't have a dehumidifier or any spare closet space just the items in the list in the comment above yours.

No disrespect to you crush or you psychotron coz that's all good info for when I am able to buy extras or have some space but I seriously need suggestions based on what I have.

I can put the string in the box and hang the stems up, cut some holes in the box and have the fan blowing air around the room but then I don't know if that's gonna dry out too quick or if the holes in the box will let light in and damage the smoke or whatever :/

Someone with more experience must be able to say if that's a total failure or could work if its done a certain way. If that makes sense :smile:

OfflineMr.E.Man
Stranger

#729827 - 05/06/14 04:34 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I have got to say, I am very disappointed :frown:

85 views and not one bit of help. Thanks to the guys that shared their way of doing it but still, doesnt really help my situation now :/

If this was Shroomery we would have ourselves a full scale think tank with suggestions, debate based on those suggestions and probably some illustrations to demonstrate. Verrrry disappointed...... :boo:

InvisibleP-O

#729830 - 05/06/14 05:26 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

just dry it out!  hell you could dry it in the sun, or the floor.....  doesn't take a rocket scientist to dry shit out.

then let us know how your method went after

OfflineMr.E.Man
Stranger

Re: Newbie dry/cure question [Re: P-O] * 1
    #729831 - 05/06/14 06:04 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

P-O said:
just dry it out!  hell you could dry it in the sun, or the floor.....  doesn't take a rocket scientist to dry shit out.

then let us know how your method went after

You Sir, are a douche.

What type of uneducated fool would tell someone "just dry it out!"? Well you for one. And probably a lot of others like you!

I'm pretty sure there is a reason for drying your shit out slowly and in a controlled fashion. You know, so it don't taste like chlorophyll?

Seems like everywhere you go there's people like you with a huge post count dishing out dodgy advice to people like me!

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: Newbie dry/cure question [Re: Mr.E.Man] * 1
    #729835 - 05/06/14 06:39 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Mr.E.Man said:
I have got to say, I am very disappointed :frown:

85 views and not one bit of help. Thanks to the guys that shared their way doing it but software ll, doesnt really help my situation now :/

If this was Shroomery we would have ourselves a full scale think tank with suggestions, debate based on those suggestions and probably some illustrations to demonstrate. Verrrry disappointed...... :boo:

:crymeariver:

Maybe because with the items you have available there just isn't many options other than the obvious. And the Shroomery has probably 10 times the active members or  more.

--------------------
:firecum:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Newbie dry/cure question [Re: bEelzeBosS] * 1
    #729838 - 05/06/14 07:40 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

On Harassment & Respect:

Harassment of other members will not be tolerated at the Growery, and may result in an immediate ban depending on severity. If you have a problem with another member, please make your peace with them or simply keep your distance. If you cannot behave in a respectful manner, keep your words to yourself. Failure to comply will result in administrative action at the sole discretion of the staff. All members are encouraged to PM a moderator or administrator with relevant information if they cannot resolve their conflict privately.

Now children, if you wanna start name calling you're going to get this thread closed and potentially banned.

Quote:

I'm pretty sure there is a reason for drying your shit out slowly and in a controlled fashion. You know, so it don't taste like chlorophyll?

Are you reading a book that has you convinced that you need to do things a very specific way? People with little or no experience and a book tend to think that if its not done the book way then their plants will explode. It really doesn't make that big of a difference if the room has a little light when they're drying, just don't do it in the flower room light. a regular room bulb won't degrade your buds in the three days they're hanging up to dry. Three things that break down organic material are: light, heat and oxygen. But its a function of time.

As for slow drying, if you payed attention to the link I posted you'd realize that you can work the moisture out slowly with just a paper and plastic bag without those humidity packs. The idea behind it is that you use the moisture of the buds to raise the humidity in a sealed area so that they redistribute moisture from the center of the bud to the dryer outer portion, instead of drying the outside completely then sealing and letting it redistribute once and hope it has a proper moisture level. 

Hang dry a few days then chop the stems down but not completely off inside a paper bag in that plastic box. It may or may not need fanning. Over the next few days chop all the stems off as the smaller buds start to snap right off but the larger one's don't (cracking but not snapping.) This is usually about perfect curing moisture level when the buds are all sticky.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by phychotron (05/06/14 07:41 AM)

OfflineMr.E.Man
Stranger

#729927 - 05/06/14 03:50 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

That was hardly harrasement and I don't think there was any need for the quote. I could understand if it was something more direct and vulgar.

I have read many books and papers by different people. I'm not under the impression that there is only one way to do it. Quite the opposite. I just don't want to do it wrong and ruin the potency and the taste of the bud.

If I took his advice and just dried it willy nilly coz "it don't take a rocket scientist" I'd probably end up with damp moldy weed that smells like fresh grass cuttings and mildew.

All I was looking for was for someone like you to do exactly what you've just done and clued me in with a little paragraph or two.

I didn't realise you could do it without the sachets I didn't read the whole thing I just skimmed over it and made an assumption. Thanks for the help mate greatly appreciated!!

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Newbie dry/cure question [Re: Mr.E.Man] * 2
    #729928 - 05/06/14 04:17 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

"On Harassment & Respect"

Quote:

You Sir, are a douche.

What type of uneducated fool would...

What part of that is respectable?

--------------------

Edited by phychotron (05/06/14 04:19 PM)

OfflineMr.E.Man
Stranger

#730035 - 05/07/14 01:03 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Respect is mutual my friend! I'm sorry but we are all adults here. Not children!

Like I said before, if it was more direct then I could understand but calling someone a "douche" (which is actually a shower accessory, if you want to get picky) is not disrespectful! Especially when he is giving out shit information to new comers!

His head would of rolled over on shroomery for the same. And you must agree with what I'm saying because you would of said something other than just quoting me on being "respectful".

Its really pissed me off that you've come waltzing in and basically took sides with someone who is clearly lazy and doesn't take what he does seriously. I want to learn and so do most people who come looking in places like this but how the hell do expect them to learn or even feel welcome when you have people like him who dont give a shit!!

Hey, you do what you gotta do to protect your dignity but you fucking know as well as I do that he is wrong and also a big fizzy douche!

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Newbie dry/cure question [Re: Mr.E.Man] * 2
    #730041 - 05/07/14 01:03 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Quote:

I didn't read the whole thing I just skimmed over it and made an assumption

Quote:

Its really pissed me off that you've come waltzing in and basically took sides with someone who is clearly lazy and doesn't take what he does seriously

Too lazy to read what everyone offers then complains when the info he wants hand fed to him isn't his flavor. I didn't exactly waltz in, I was part of the discussion before you started getting pissy in response to your own laziness. 

Closed for name calling and bickering. This thread is going nowhere. Good luck on the dry.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds